Affiliation: Institut Curie
- p53 website and analysis of p53 gene mutations in human cancer: forging a link between epidemiology and carcinogenesisT Soussi
Institut Curie, UMR 218 CNRS, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 15:105-13. 2000..This software includes an optimized structure to assist and secure data entry and to allow the input of various clinical data...
- Reassessment of the TP53 mutation database in human disease by data mining with a library of TP53 missense mutationsThierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Departement de Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 25:6-17. 2005....
- [Immunochemistry and genotype analysis of tumors. Second part: What future for the molecular diagnosis of tumors?]Thierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Ann Pathol 22:113-20. 2002..Furthermore, the relation between genotype and phenotype is not straightforward and can be influence by various parameters such as the localization of the mutation, the alterations of other genes or the expression of modifier genes...
- Assessing TP53 status in human tumours to evaluate clinical outcomeT Soussi
Institut Curie, Universite P and M Curie, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Nat Rev Cancer 1:233-40. 2001..What simple steps can be taken to ensure that patients benefit from our understanding of TP53?..
- Significance of TP53 mutations in human cancer: a critical analysis of mutations at CpG dinucleotidesThierry Soussi
Institut Curie and Université P and M Curie, EA3493, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 21:192-200. 2003..Overall, these data indicate that great caution is required when analyzing the significance of p53 mutations...
- [Genetics and cancer: fundamental and clinical aspects]T Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, Universite P et M Curie, 26, rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris
Cancer Radiother 5:36s-41s. 2001..Furthermore, the relation between genotype and phenotype is not straightforward and can be influence by various parameters such as the localization of the mutation, alterations of other genes or the expression of modifiers genes...
- The p53 tumor suppressor gene: from molecular biology to clinical investigationT Soussi
Institut Curie, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 910:121-37; discussion 137-9. 2000..Several studies have shown that p53 mutations are associated with short survival in colorectal cancer, but the use of p53 as a tumoral marker is still a matter of debate...
- p53 Antibodies in the sera of patients with various types of cancer: a reviewT Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer Res 60:1777-88. 2000..The finding of p53-Abs in the sera of individuals who are at high risk of cancer, such as exposed workers or heavy smokers, indicates that they have promising potential in the early detection of cancer...
- Change of conformation of the DNA-binding domain of p53 is the only key element for binding of and interference with p73Karim Bensaad
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 278:10546-55. 2003..These results reinforce the notion that mutant p53 with a conformational change can act as a down-regulator of the p73 pathway in human cancer and could confer a selective advantage to the tumor...
- Rapid and sensitive p53 alteration analysis in biopsies from lung cancer patients using a functional assay and a universal oligonucleotide array: a prospective studyCoralie Fouquet
EA3493, , Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:3479-89. 2004....
- Monoclonal antibodies raised against Xenopus p53 interact with human p73Morgane Le Bras
, Institut Curie, 26 rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Oncogene 21:1304-8. 2002..Furthermore, our studies suggest that there exist specific spatial requirements for the interaction between p53 or p73 and mdm2...
- Locus-specific mutation databases: pitfalls and good practice based on the p53 experienceThierry Soussi
Université P M Curie, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Rev Cancer 6:83-90. 2006..However, there are several biases in this database that can lead to serious erroneous interpretations. We describe several rules for mutation database management that could benefit the entire scientific community...
- Quantitative fish determination of chromosome 3 arm imbalances in lung tumors by automated image cytometryKhuong Truong
, FRE 2584 CNRS-Institut Curie and 2 IMSTAR, Paris, France
Med Sci Monit 10:BR426-32. 2004..The fully automated approach developed in this study rendered such investigations possible...
- Data mining the p53 pathway in the Fugu genome: evidence for strong conservation of the apoptotic pathwayMorgane Le Bras
, Institut Curie, 26 rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Oncogene 22:5082-90. 2003..We also discovered that some cofactors that cooperate with p53 for apoptosis are also well conserved and belong to multigene families not detected in the human genome...
- Meta-analysis of the p53 mutation database for mutant p53 biological activity reveals a methodologic bias in mutation detectionThierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, UPMC, Dpt Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:62-9. 2006..We were concerned by the inclusion of dubious reports in the p53 databases that could lead to controversial analysis prejudicial to the scientific community...
- ThinPrep-processed fine-needle samples of breast are effective material for RNA- and DNA-based molecular diagnosis: application to p53 mutation analysisPascaline Tisserand
, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer 99:223-32. 2003..In addition, it is feasible to adopt a strategy of storing excess FNS material to create cellular banks that will be invaluable for future gene studies...
- The TP53 website: an integrative resource centre for the TP53 mutation database and TP53 mutant analysisBernard Leroy
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 75005 Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D962-9. 2013..For several hot spot mutants, multiple gain of function activities are also included. The database can be easily browsed via a graphical user interface...
- Shaping genetic alterations in human cancer: the p53 mutation paradigmThierry Soussi
Université P M Curie, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Cancer Cell 12:303-12. 2007....
- Targeted expression of oncogenic K-ras in intestinal epithelium causes spontaneous tumorigenesis in miceKlaus Peter Janssen
Cellular Morphogenesis and Signalisation, UMR144, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 123:492-504. 2002..Ras oncoproteins are mutated in about 50% of human colorectal cancers, but their precise role in tumor initiation or progression is still unclear...
- Analysis of p53 mutation status in human cancer cell lines: a paradigm for cell line cross-contaminationHanna Berglind
Karolinska Institute, Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska CCK, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Biol Ther 7:699-708. 2008..The p53 web site has been updated with new sections describing the p53 status in the majority of cell lines and a special section devoted to cell lines with controversial p53 status...
- Breast-cancer stromal cells with TP53 mutationsCecilia Soussi Zander
N Engl J Med 358:1635; author reply 1636. 2008
- MUT-TP53: a versatile matrix for TP53 mutation verification and publicationThierry Soussi
Hum Mutat 27:1151-4. 2006
- The human BTG2/TIS21/PC3 gene: genomic structure, transcriptional regulation and evaluation as a candidate tumor suppressor geneCyril Duriez
Unité INSERM U453, Unité d Oncologie Moléculaire, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, F 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Gene 282:207-14. 2002..However, no mutations of BTG2/TIS21/PC3 were detected in breast cancer cells, suggesting that the inactivation of this gene is not a frequent genetic event during breast carcinogenesis...
- Molecular genetic analysis of p53 intratumoral heterogeneity in human astrocytic brain tumorsZhi Ping Ren
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:944-54. 2007..Our results are of importance for a further understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind failure to treat glioma patients...
- The UMD TP53 database and website: update and revisionsDalil Hamroun
, Institut Universitaire de Recherche Clinique et CHU, CNRS UPR 1142, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 27:14-20. 2006..umd.be:2072/) that will generate a detailed informative page for every TP53 mutant in the database. New tools to check TP53 mutations and minimize errors found in the literature are also available...
- UMD (Universal Mutation Database): 2005 updateChristophe Beroud
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, IURC, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 26:184-91. 2005....
- Serum p53 antibodies in patients with lung cancer: correlation with clinicopathologic features and smokingSuleeporn Sangrajrang
Research Division, National Cancer Institute, Rama VI Road, Ratchatewi, 10400, Bangkok, Thailand
Lung Cancer 39:297-301. 2003..1%) than in non-smokers (13.6%), though the difference was of borderline of statistical significance (P=0.061). These findings suggested that p53-Abs could be a potential biomarker for the study of individual with lung cancer...
- Harmonized microarray/mutation scanning analysis of TP53 mutations in undissected colorectal tumorsReyna Favis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
Hum Mutat 24:63-75. 2004..Data analysis comparing colon cancer entries in the TP53 database (http://p53.curie.fr) with the results reported in this study showed that distribution of mutations and the mutational events were comparable...
- Focus on the p53 gene and cancer: advances in TP53 mutation researchThierry Soussi
Hum Mutat 21:173-5. 2003
- Lack of HIN-1 methylation defines specific breast tumor subtypes including medullary carcinoma of the breast and BRCA1-linked tumorsPascaline Tisserand
Laboratoire de Genotoxicololgie des Tumeurs Paris, France
Cancer Biol Ther 2:559-63. 2003..Medullary carcinoma of the breast should therefore be considered to be a unique entity defined by specific histologic and molecular traits...
- The UMD-p53 database: new mutations and analysis toolsChristophe Beroud
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, CHU de Montpellier, Institut Universitaire de Recherche Clinique, Montpellier Cedex, France
Hum Mutat 21:176-81. 2003..To achieve theses purposes we have designed a procedure to check and validate data in order to reach the highest quality data...
- [p53 mutations and resistance to chemotherapy: a stab in the back for p73?]Thierry Soussi
Bull Cancer 90:383-6. 2003..Such discovery will be important for a better understanding of the signaling pathway that lead to resistance to chemotherapy...
- p53 mutations and resistance to chemotherapy: A stab in the back for p73Thierry Soussi
Cancer Cell 3:303-5. 2003..p73 is essential for apoptosis induced by many cytotoxic agents, but this function can be blocked by a particular category of p53 mutations that have consequently acquired a gain of function...