Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut de Biologie de Lille
- The Yersinia pestis caf1M1A1 fimbrial capsule operon promotes transmission by flea bite in a mouse model of bubonic plagueFlorent Sebbane
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U801, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Infect Immun 77:1222-9. 2009..pestis strains in plague foci may be necessary. The results also highlight the importance of studying Y. pestis pathogenesis in the natural context of arthropod-borne transmission...
- Role of the Yersinia pestis yersiniabactin iron acquisition system in the incidence of flea-borne plagueFlorent Sebbane
Equipe Peste et Yersinia pestis, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14379. 2010..The results provide new evidence that primary septicemic plague is a distinct clinical entity and suggest that unusual forms of plague may be caused by atypical Y. pestis strains...
- Function and regulation of the Salmonella-like pmrF antimicrobial peptide resistance operon in Yersinia pseudotuberculosisMichael Marceau
Inserm E19919, , , Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, F-59000 Lille, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 529:253-6. 2003
- The Yersinia pseudotuberculosis Yut protein, a new type of urea transporter homologous to eukaryotic channels and functionally interchangeable in vitro with the Helicobacter pylori UreI proteinFlorent Sebbane
, , Institut de Biologie de Lille, Lille, France
Mol Microbiol 45:1165-74. 2002..The Y. pseudotuberculosis Yut protein is therefore the first member of a novel class of bacterial urea permeases related to eukaryotic transporters...
- Protection against Yersinia pseudotuberculosis infection conferred by a Lactococcus lactis mucosal delivery vector secreting LcrVCatherine Daniel
Laboratoire des Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 142, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille F 59021, France
Vaccine 27:1141-4. 2009..pseudotuberculosis infections. This constitutes the first proof of principle for a novel anti-Yersinia mucosal vaccination strategy using recombinant lactic acid bacteria...
- Autophagosomes can support Yersinia pseudotuberculosis replication in macrophagesKevin Moreau
Cellular Microbiology of Infectious Pathogens, Center of Infection and Immunity of Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Cell Microbiol 12:1108-23. 2010..pseudotuberculosis hijacks the autophagy pathway for its replication and also opens up new opportunities for deciphering the molecular basis of the host cell signalling response to intracellular Yersinia infection...
- TLR5 signaling stimulates the innate production of IL-17 and IL-22 by CD3(neg)CD127+ immune cells in spleen and mucosaLaurye Van Maele
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, France
J Immunol 185:1177-85. 2010..These data define that TLR-induced activation of CD3(neg)CD127(+) cells and production of Th17-related cytokines may be crucial for the early defenses against pathogen invasion of host tissues...
- Efficacy of ciprofloxacin-gentamicin combination therapy in murine bubonic plagueNadine Lemaitre
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie Hygiene, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e52503. 2012..Moreover, draining lymph nodes may serve as a reservoir for the continued release of Y. pestis into the blood - even after five days of intravenous antibiotic treatment...
- The superantigen gene ypm is located in an unstable chromosomal locus of Yersinia pseudotuberculosisChristophe Carnoy
Equipe Mixte Inserm E9919 Université JE 2225 Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
J Bacteriol 184:4489-99. 2002..pseudotuberculosis chromosome. These results indicate that unlike other superantigenic toxin genes, the Yersinia ypm genes are not associated with mobile genetic elements but are inserted in an unstable locus of the genome...