Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Genome profiling of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: frequent alterations of RAS and RUNX1 genesVéronique Gelsi-Boyer
Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, UMR891 Inserm, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 8:299. 2008..Not much is known about the molecular biology of this disease...
- A new morphologic classification system for acute promyelocytic leukemia distinguishes cases with underlying PLZF/RARA gene rearrangements. Group Français de Cytogénétique Hématologique, UK Cancer Cytogenetics Group and BIOMED 1 European Coomunity-ConcertD Sainty
Department of Biology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Blood 96:1287-96. 2000..Use of this classification system, combined with an analysis for CD56 expression, should allow early recognition of APL cases requiring tailored molecular investigations. (Blood. 2000;96:1287-1296)..
- Role of induction chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation in adult lymphoblastic lymphoma: a report on 62 patients from a single centerR Bouabdallah
Department of Hematology, Institut J Paoli I Calmettes, Marseille, France
Ann Oncol 9:619-25. 1998..To describe the outcome of an unselected large series of patients with lymphoblastic lymphoma (LBL) treated in a single institution...
- Detection of epithelial cells in hematopoietic organs of patients with breast cancer. Physiopathological significance and clinical consequencesC Chabannon
Institut Paoli Calmettes, Centre Régional de Lutte Contre le Cancer Provence Alpes Côte d Azur, Marseille, France
Acta Haematol 105:166-71. 2001....
- High-dose recombinant interleukin-2 and acute myeloid leukemias in relapseD Maraninchi
Department of Hematology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Blood 78:2182-7. 1991..These results showing clinical activity of high-dose recombinant IL-2 in AML invite further evaluation of this new form of immunotherapy in other clinical situations, like an adjuvant setting for selected groups of high-risk patients...
- Primary plasma cell leukaemia: a report of 18 casesR Costello
Departement d Hematologie, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Bd de Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Leuk Res 25:103-7. 2001..They expressed integrins which may increase their binding to endothelial cells and thus participate in PCL physiopathology by favoring plasmocyte extramedullary spread...
- Askin tumor and acute myeloid leukemia in a patient with constitutional partial Y disomyM J Mozziconacci
, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 103:11-4. 1998..The origin of the two neoplasias in this patient is discussed...
- Survey of early disapearance of BCR/ABL fusion transcript after allogeneic or autologous stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemiaN Vey
Department of Hematology, Institut Paoli Calmettes and Université de la Mediterranée, Marseille, France
Leuk Lymphoma 42:945-52. 2001..This suggests that the GVL effect might be operational early during the first weeks following transplantation...
- Circulating blood dendritic cells from myeloid leukemia patients display quantitative and cytogenetic abnormalities as well as functional impairmentM Mohty
Laboratoire d'Immunologie des Tumeurs, , Marseille, France
Blood 98:3750-6. 2001..Also, leukemic PDCs were altered in their ability to secrete interferon-alpha. These data provide evidence that DC subsets in vivo may be affected by leukemogenesis and may contribute to leukemia escape from immune control...
- True histiocytic lymphoma following B-acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: case report with evidence for a common clonal origin in both neoplasmsR Bouabdallah
Department of Haematology, Cancer Centre Institut Paoli Calmettes, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Br J Haematol 113:1047-50. 2001..Genotypic study showed that both neoplasms contained the same immunoglobulin heavy gene rearrangement, which has not been reported previously...
- HLA-DR and B7-2 (CD86) monocyte expressions after major cancer surgery: profile in sepsisD Mokart
Department of Anesthesia and Resuscitation, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Minerva Anestesiol 77:522-7. 2011..The aim of the present study was to determine the possible role of monocyte HLA-DR and B7-2 molecules in the occurrence of postoperative sepsis after major cancer surgery...
- Large granular lymphocytes (LGL) following non-myeloablative allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: a case reportM Mohty
Laboratoire d'Immunologie des Tumeurs, Institut Paoli-Calmettes, , Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:1157-60. 2001..These observations suggest that LGL are a subset with the properties of effector lymphocytes which may contribute to the graft-versus-tumor effect...
- Occult tumor cell contamination in patients with stage II/III breast cancer receiving sequential high-dose chemotherapyF Viret
Department of Medicine, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:1059-64. 2003..Three of these eight patients relapsed. This study has confirmed that contamination of apheresis products remains a rare event, which does not seem to affect clinical evolution, even when reinfused into the patient...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia in first complete remission: a 6-year follow-up study of 101 patients from a single institutionN Vey
Department of Hematology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:177-82. 2004..They show that use of PBSC is associated to very low mortality rate and acceptable morbidity and contributes to an improvement of autotransplant results...
- Features of large granular lymphocytes (LGL) expansion following allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a long-term analysisM Mohty
Unité de Transplantation et de Thérapie Cellulaire UTTC, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Leukemia 16:2129-33. 2002..These data suggest that LGL might be a subset of effector lymphocytes which may participate to the graft-versus-tumor effect...
- Cytomegalovirus-specific immune recovery following allogeneic HLA-identical sibling transplantation with reduced-intensity preparative regimenM Mohty
Unite de Transplantation et de Therapie Cellulaire, Laboratoire d Immunologie des Tumeurs, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:839-46. 2004..Thus, early monitoring of CMV-specific immune recovery using sensitive new tools might prove useful for patient management after allo-SCT...
- Decreased RBCTs after reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation: predictive value of prior Hb levelV Ivanov
Unit of Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Transfusion 44:501-8. 2004..RBCT (RBCT) requirements of stem cell transplant (SCT) recipients are often substantial and may be related to transplant type...
- Early administration of recombinant erythropoietin improves hemoglobin recovery after reduced intensity conditioned allogeneic stem cell transplantationV Ivanov
Unit of Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille Cedex, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:901-6. 2005..This pilot study suggests a potential benefit of early administration of rHuEPO after RIC allo-SCT on early erythropoietic recovery...