Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Cutaneous side-effects of kinase inhibitors and blocking antibodiesCaroline Robert
Department of Medical Oncology, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94801Villejuif Cedex, France
Lancet Oncol 6:491-500. 2005..Elucidation of this connection could lead to the identification of crucial predictive factors for tumour response...
- Tyrosine kinase inhibition and grey hairCaroline Robert
Lancet 361:1056. 2003
- Long-term protective effect of mature DC-LAMP+ dendritic cell accumulation in sentinel lymph nodes containing micrometastatic melanomaBruce Elliott
Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford, Guildford, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:3825-30. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic importance of the maximal density of mature DCs in SLNs...
- [Cutaneous side effects of antiangiogenic agents]Caroline Robert
Service de Dermatologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94800 Villejuif
Bull Cancer 94:S260-4. 2007..It will help us understanding better skin pathophysiology, but, most of all, it will lead to more efficient symptomatic treatment for our patients...
- Prospective study of the cutaneous adverse effects of sorafenib, a novel multikinase inhibitorJulien Autier
Dermatology Unit, Gustave Roussy Institute, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Arch Dermatol 144:886-92. 2008..To provide an accurate description and to evaluate the incidence and severity of cutaneous reactions induced by sorafenib tosylate, a new oral multikinase inhibitor...
- Selumetinib plus dacarbazine versus placebo plus dacarbazine as first-line treatment for BRAF-mutant metastatic melanoma: a phase 2 double-blind randomised studyCaroline Robert
Institute Gustave Roussy, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 14:733-40. 2013..This study was designed to look for a signal of improved efficacy by comparing the combination of selumetinib and dacarbazine with dacarbazine alone...
- Efficacy and safety of retreatment with ipilimumab in patients with pretreated advanced melanoma who progressed after initially achieving disease controlCaroline Robert
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:2232-9. 2013..Here, outcomes for these patients concerning baseline characteristics, best overall response, and disease control rate are assessed and considered with respect to the overall study population...
- Advances in the management of cutaneous toxicities of targeted therapiesCaroline Robert
Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Semin Oncol 39:227-40. 2012..We will review the skin side effects of EGFR, VEGFR, KIT, platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR), and BCR-ABL inhibitors, as well as mTOR inhibitors...
- What is the role of cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 blockade in patients with metastatic melanoma?Caroline Robert
Institute Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Oncologist 14:848-61. 2009..However, the true advantage of these new drugs may depend largely on the characterization of predictive biomarkers of activity and subsequent targeting of responsive patients...
- [Anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody: a major step in the treatment of metastatic melanoma]Caroline Robert
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Med Sci (Paris) 27:850-8. 2011..The challenges are now to identify biomarkers able to predict ipilimumab benefit and to know how to use ipilimumab in combination with new targeted therapies of melanoma in order to optimize the treatment efficacy...
- [What is new in oncodermatology?]C Robert
Service de Dermatologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:S354-9. 2008..Besides melanoma, the scoop of the year was the discovery of a defective oncogenic polyomavirus which is very likely to be responsible for Merkel cell carcinoma...
- Skin tumors induced by sorafenib; paradoxic RAS-RAF pathway activation and oncogenic mutations of HRAS, TP53, and TGFBR1Jean Philippe Arnault
Department of Medical Oncology and Pathology, Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 18:263-72. 2012..We carried out a clinical, pathologic, and molecular study of skin lesions occurring in patients receiving sorafenib...
- Dendritic cell-derived exosomes promote natural killer cell activation and proliferation: a role for NKG2D ligands and IL-15RalphaSophie Viaud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 805, Villejuif, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4942. 2009..Altogether, these data provide a mechanistic explanation on how Dex may stimulate non MHC restricted-anti-tumor effectors and induce tumor regression in vivo...
- Natural killer cell IFN-gamma levels predict long-term survival with imatinib mesylate therapy in gastrointestinal stromal tumor-bearing patientsCedric Menard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unit U805 Tumor immunology and immunotherapy, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 69:3563-9. 2009..The NK cell IFN-gamma production after 2 months of treatment could be considered an independent predictor of long term survival in advanced GISTs treated with IM...
- Dermatologic symptoms associated with the multikinase inhibitor sorafenibCaroline Robert
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:299-305. 2009..The multikinase inhibitor sorafenib (Nexavar) is associated with a relatively high incidence of dermatologic symptoms...
- Phase I trial of sorafenib in combination with IFN alpha-2a in patients with unresectable and/or metastatic renal cell carcinoma or malignant melanomaBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:1801-9. 2007..To determine the safety, maximum tolerated dose, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy, and to evaluate biomarkers, of the multikinase inhibitor sorafenib plus IFN alpha-2a in advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) or melanoma...
- Ctla-4 blockade confers lymphocyte resistance to regulatory T-cells in advanced melanoma: surrogate marker of efficacy of tremelimumab?Cedric Menard
Center of Clinical Investigations, CBT507, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:5242-9. 2008..However, mechanisms of action and surrogate immunologic markers of efficacy have not been reported thus far...
- ICAM-1 has a critical role in the regulation of metastatic melanoma tumor susceptibility to CTL lysis by interfering with PI3K/AKT pathwayAhmed Hamai
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U753, Laboratoire d Immunologie des Tumeurs Humaines Interaction effecteurs cytotoxiques système tumoral, Institut Gustave Roussy PR1 and IFR 54, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 68:9854-64. 2008..The present study shows that a shift in ICAM-1 expression, which was associated with an activation of the PI3K/AKT pathway, can be used by metastatic melanoma cells to escape CTL-mediated killing...
- Ipilimumab plus dacarbazine for previously untreated metastatic melanomaCaroline Robert
Institute Gustave, Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 364:2517-26. 2011..We conducted a phase 3 study of ipilimumab (10 mg per kilogram) plus dacarbazine in patients with previously untreated metastatic melanoma...
- Anti-CTLA-4 antibody adjuvant therapy in melanomaAlexander M M Eggermont
Institut d Oncologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Semin Oncol 37:455-9. 2010..The EORTC 18071 trial will reach full accrual in 2011 and thus results are expected in 2013 or 2014...
- Ulceration and stage are predictive of interferon efficacy in melanoma: results of the phase III adjuvant trials EORTC 18952 and EORTC 18991Alexander M M Eggermont
Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 48:218-25. 2012..Adjuvant interferon has modest activity in melanoma patients at high risk for relapse. Patient selection is important; stage and ulceration of the primary tumour are key prognostic factors...
- Vemurafenib and radiosensitizationLise Boussemart
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
JAMA Dermatol 149:855-7. 2013..Cutaneous adverse effects are preeminent with UV-A-dependent phototoxicity, hyperkeratotic folliculitis, hand-foot skin reaction, hair changes, verrucous papillomas, keratoacanthomas, and squamous cell carcinomas...
- Gene expression signature associated with BRAF mutations in human primary cutaneous melanomasCaroline Kannengiesser
Service de Génétique and CNRS FRE 2939, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Mol Oncol 1:425-30. 2008....
- Gap junction communication between autologous endothelial and tumor cells induce cross-recognition and elimination by specific CTLHoussem Benlalam
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unite 753, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 54, Villejuif, France
J Immunol 182:2654-64. 2009..Our results indicate that gap junctions facilitate an effective CTL-mediated destruction of endothelial cells from the tumor microenvironment that may contribute to the control of tumor progression...
- CTLA-4 and PD-1/PD-L1 blockade: new immunotherapeutic modalities with durable clinical benefit in melanoma patientsPatrick A Ott
Authors Affiliations Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts and Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Paris Sud, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:5300-9. 2013..Clin Cancer Res; 19(19); 5300-9. ©2013 AACR. ..
- Safety, pharmacokinetic, and antitumor activity of SU11248, a novel oral multitarget tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with cancerSandrine Faivre
Department of Medicine, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 24:25-35. 2006..To establish the safety, pharmacokinetics, and recommended dose of sunitinib, a novel oral multitargeting tyrosine kinase inhibitor with antiangiogenic and antitumor properties, in patients with advanced malignancies...
- Is ulceration in cutaneous melanoma just a prognostic and predictive factor or is ulcerated melanoma a distinct biologic entity?Alexander M M Eggermont
Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, Paris, France
Curr Opin Oncol 24:137-40. 2012..Patients with an ulcerated melanoma do much worse than patients with a nonulcerated melanoma with the same breslow thickness. Ulceration may indicate a separate biologic entity...
- Vemurafenib cooperates with HPV to promote initiation of cutaneous tumorsMatthew Holderfield
Authors Affiliations Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Emeryville UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California Dermatology Unit and INSERM U 981 Department of Medical Biology and Pathology Laboratory and Biobank INSERM U 981, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Paris Sud and Unité de Génétique, Papillomavirus et Cancer Humain, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Cancer Res 74:2238-45. 2014..Our results argue that HPV cooperates with vemurafenib to promote tumorigenesis, in either the presence or absence of RAS mutations...
- [Detection of residual microscopic disease in melanoma: interest of the sentinel lymph node procedure?]Christine Mateus
Universite Paris Sud, Service de Dermatologie, Gustave Roussy, 114, rue Edouard Vaillant, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 101:354-7. 2014..Other trials probably more attractive (anti-CTLA4, BRAF and MEK inhibitors), with molecules recently approved in metastatic phase are also ongoing. ..
- Regulation of gap junctions in melanoma and their impact on Melan-A/MART-1-specific CD8⁺ T lymphocyte emergenceHoussem Benlalam
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U753, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 54 IFR54, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805, Villejuif, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 91:1207-20. 2013..These findings indicate that Cx43 does not affect lytic function of differentiated CTL, but reveal a major role for GJs in the regulation of antigen CD8(+)-naïve T lymphocyte activation...
- Tumor destruction using electrochemotherapy followed by CpG oligodeoxynucleotide injection induces distant tumor responsesStephan Roux
INSERM U805, Villejuif, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1291-300. 2008..We addressed whether tumor-associated antigens released after ECT could induce an efficient systemic immunity when associated with an appropriate immunoadjuvant...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy secondary to VEGF pathway inhibition by sunitinibGuillaume Bollée
APHP, Service de Néphrologie Adulte, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:682-5. 2009..The patient was given irbesartan, and sunitinib was continued for 3 months after diagnosis. Over this period, blood pressure and renal function remained stable and proteinuria became undetectable...
- New drugs in melanoma: it's a whole new worldAlexander M M Eggermont
Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, Paris Sud, France
Eur J Cancer 47:2150-7. 2011..Adjuvant trials with BRAF and MEK inhibitors are in the planning phase. Never was there a more exciting period in the world of melanoma treatment...
- Sorafenib plus dacarbazine in solid tumors: a phase I study with dynamic contrast-enhanced ultrasonography and genomic analysis of sequential tumor biopsy samplesVladimir Lazar
Department of Functional Genomics, Institut Gustave Roussy, University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Invest New Drugs 32:312-22. 2014..The objective of this study was also to validate functional parameters of DCE-US as surrogate markers to predict earlier response...
- Severe meningo-radiculo-neuritis associated with ipilimumabFlavie Bompaire
Service de Neurologie, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, service de santé des armées, Paris, France
Invest New Drugs 30:2407-10. 2012..In phase III trials, ipilimumab was shown to be the first agent to improve survival in advanced melanoma patients, regardless of previous treatment. We report a case of severe neurologic disease after ipilimumab treatment...
- [Major therapeutic advances in the treatment of metastatic melanoma]Christine Mateus
Institut Gustave Roussy, Service de Dermatologie, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 99:619-25. 2012..New combination therapies and additional targeted and immunotherapy agents are exciting perspectives that make us more optimistic for the future of metastatic melanoma treatment...
- [Epithelial and melanic skin tumours]Christine Mateus
Service de Dermatologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex
Rev Prat 57:2067-79. 2007
- Kidney injuries related to ipilimumabHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere, 47 80 Boulevard de l Hôpital, 75013, Paris, France
Invest New Drugs 32:769-73. 2014..Autoimmune symptoms have to be carefully checked for patients treated with CTLA-4 inhibitors. In order to reduce the risk of sequelae, early recognition of irAEs and treatment initiation are crucial. ..
- Targeted therapy-induced radiation recallAntonin Levy
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 49:1662-8. 2013..A diverse range of chemotherapies has been associated with RR but no case series with targeted therapies (TT) has been reported...
- Update on the role of ipilimumab in melanoma and first data on new combination therapiesMichele Maio
Medical Oncology and Immunotherapy, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Siena, Italy
Curr Opin Oncol 25:166-72. 2013..This article provides an update on the therapeutic role of the monoclonal antibody ipilimumab in melanoma. Recent therapeutic combinations, as well as directions for further investigations, will also be discussed...
- Imaging of melanoma: usefulness of ultrasonography before and after contrast injection for diagnosis and early evaluation of treatmentLinda Chami
Imaging Department Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol 4:1-6. 2011....
- Selective accumulation of mature DC-Lamp+ dendritic cells in tumor sites is associated with efficient T-cell-mediated antitumor response and control of metastatic dissemination in melanomaMojgan Movassagh
Immunology Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale ERM0208 and Immunotherapy Unit, Department of Pathology, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Cancer Res 64:2192-8. 2004....
- Side Effects and Toxicities of Targeted Therapies in Stage IV MelanomaPaolo A Ascierto
1Unit of Melanoma, Cancer Immunotherapy and Innovative Therapy, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy 2Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark 3Newcastle University, Newcastle, Australia 4Instituto de Oncologia Angel Rolfo, Buenos Aires, Argentina 5Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France 6University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany 7Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain and 8Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Am J Ther 22:44-53. 2015..With new treatment opportunities come increased chance of toxic reactions. The key to successful melanoma treatment in the future is likely to be novel combinations of new therapeutic agents. ..
- [Axitinib in metastatic renal carcinomas: update of knowledge about side effects]Laurence Albiges
Institut Gustave Roussy, Departement d Oncologie Medicale, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 101:976-88. 2014..The objective of this article is to summarize the knowledge as for the side effects related to axitinib in terms of incidence, etiology and symptoms for the effects requiring a specific management...
- Novel mode of action of c-kit tyrosine kinase inhibitors leading to NK cell-dependent antitumor effectsChristophe Borg
Department of Clinical Biology, Equipe de Recherche Mixte 0208, INSERM, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Invest 114:379-88. 2004..These data point to a novel mode of antitumor action for Gleevec...
- Thyroid adenomas and carcinomas following radiotherapy for a hemangioma during infancyNadia Haddy
INSERM, U605, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 93:377-82. 2009..This paper presents the incidence of differentiated thyroid adenomas and carcinomas after radiotherapy in this cohort...
- RAF inhibition and induction of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaCaroline Robert
Department of Medicine, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 23:177-82. 2011..The purpose of this review is to discuss the mechanisms as well as the management and implications of this unexpected side-effect...
- [Management of recurrent soft tissue sarcoma of the retroperitoneum]Sylvie Bonvalot
Departement de Chirurgie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif
Bull Cancer 91:845-52. 2004..Adequate management at the time of primary presentation is likely to afford the best chance for long-term survival...
- Subungual splinter hemorrhages: a clinical window to inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors?Caroline Robert
Ann Intern Med 143:313-4. 2005
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells inhibit natural killer cell functions in a transforming growth factor-beta-dependent mannerFrancois Ghiringhelli
ERM 0208, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, University of Paris XI, France
J Exp Med 202:1075-85. 2005..Human NK cell-mediated tumor recognition could also be restored by depletion of T reg cells from tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. These findings support a role for T reg cells in blunting the NK cell arm of the innate immune system...
- Analysis and characterization of antitumor T-cell response after administration of dendritic cells loaded with allogeneic tumor lysate to metastatic melanoma patientsNadege Bercovici
IDM, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité d Immunologie Biologique, EA 4054 Université Paris, France
J Immunother 31:101-12. 2008..The differential expression of perforin and IFN-gamma by antitumor and antiviral CD8+ T cells supports that the sole use of IFN-gamma production to monitor T cells overlooks functional T-cell subpopulations triggered by vaccines...
- Primary cutaneous diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type: clinicopathologic features and prognostic analysis in 60 casesFlorent Grange
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Robert Debre, avenue du Général Koenig, Reims 51100, France
Arch Dermatol 143:1144-50. 2007....