Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Resistant starch intake partly restores metabolic and inflammatory alterations in the liver of high-fat-diet-fed ratsSergio Polakof
Clermont Universite, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
J Nutr Biochem 24:1920-30. 2013..Finally, as a whole, the improved hepatic metabolism seemed to be the result of an ameliorated inflammatory status. ..
- Glucose-induced insulin secretion: nutritional prevention and novel avenues for therapySergio Polakof
Clermont Universite, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 771:319-39. 2012....
- Glucose metabolism in fish: a reviewSergio Polakof
INRA, Human Nutrition Unit UMR, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Comp Physiol B 182:1015-45. 2012..Finally, we suggest that new research directions ultimately will lead to a better understanding of these processes...
- Glucosensing and glucose homeostasis: from fish to mammalsSergio Polakof
INRA, UMR, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 160:123-49. 2011..In the second section of the review we describe the present knowledge regarding glucosensor mechanisms in different groups of vertebrates, with special emphasis in fish...
- Glucose and lipid metabolism in the pancreas of rainbow trout is regulated at the molecular level by nutritional status and carbohydrate intakeSergio Polakof
Nutrition Metabolisme Aquaculture, Pôle d Hydrobiologie, St Pée sur Nivelle, France
J Comp Physiol B 182:507-16. 2012....
- High levels of dietary fat impair glucose homeostasis in rainbow troutA Cláudia Figueiredo-Silva
INRA, UR1067 Nutrition Metabolism Aquaculture, F 64310 Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
J Exp Biol 215:169-78. 2012..Our results also provide evidence that persistent hyperglycaemia after a high carbohydrate meal stems from a metabolic interaction between dietary macronutrients rather than from high carbohydrate intake alone...
- Effect of acute and chronic insulin administrations on major factors involved in the control of muscle protein turnover in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Iban Seiliez
INRA, UR1067 Nutrition Métabolisme et Aquaculture, Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
Gen Comp Endocrinol 172:363-70. 2011....
- Dietary carbohydrate-to-protein ratio affects TOR signaling and metabolism-related gene expression in the liver and muscle of rainbow trout after a single mealIban Seiliez
INRA, UMR Nutrition Aquaculture et Génomique, Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R733-43. 2011..In conclusion, this study demonstrated that macro-nutrient composition of the diet strongly affected the insulin/amino acids signaling pathway and expression pattern of genes related to metabolism...
- The metabolic consequences of hepatic AMP-kinase phosphorylation in rainbow troutSergio Polakof
INRA, UR1067 Nutrition Metabolism Aquaculture, Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
PLoS ONE 6:e20228. 2011....
- Evidence of sugar sensitive genes in the gut of a carnivorous fish speciesSergio Polakof
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 166:58-64. 2013..Since only mRNA abundance is presented, depth studies are needed to fully understand the importance of the present findings. ..
- Insulin-induced hypoglycaemia is co-ordinately regulated by liver and muscle during acute and chronic insulin stimulation in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Sergio Polakof
INRA, UMR1067 Nutrition Aquaculture et Génomique, F 64310 Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
J Exp Biol 213:1443-52. 2010..Finally, we show that the rainbow trout demonstrates most of the classic metabolic adjustments employed by mammals to efficiently utilize glucose in the appropriate insulin context...
- Nutritional regulation of glucokinase: a cross-species storyStephane Panserat
INRA, UR1067 Nutrition Metabolism Aquaculture NUMEA, French National Institute for Agricultural Research INRA, Aquapole, F 64310Saint Pée sur Nivelle, France
Nutr Res Rev 27:21-47. 2014..All these data illustrate the nutritional importance of the GK enzyme irrespective of feeding habits, even in animals known to poorly use dietary carbohydrates (carnivorous species). ..