J P Pignon
Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Meta-analyses of randomised clinical trials in oncologyJ P Pignon
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 2:475-82. 2001..The main factors which influence the quality of a meta-analysis are discussed...
- Hyperfractionated or accelerated radiotherapy in lung cancer: an individual patient data meta-analysisAudrey Mauguen
Institut de Cance rologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2788-97. 2012..The Meta-Analysis of Radiotherapy in Lung Cancer Collaborative Group decided to address the role of modified radiotherapy fractionation...
- Docetaxel- and 5-FU-concurrent radiotherapy in patients presenting unresectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer: a FNCLCC-ACCORD/0201 randomized phase II trial's pre-planned analysis and case report of a 5.5-year disease-free survivalLucie Oberic
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiat Oncol 6:124. 2011..We report here the results of the docetaxel plus 5 FU regimen stopped according to the interim analysis. The docetaxel plus cisplatin arm was continued...
- Adjusting for patient selection suggests the addition of docetaxel to 5-fluorouracil-cisplatin induction therapy may offer survival benefit in squamous cell cancer of the head and neckJean Pierre Pignon
Unit of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Anticancer Drugs 15:331-40. 2004..We conclude that this improved survival might be due either to docetaxel's pharmacologic effect or to uncontrolled prognostic factors...
- Role of meta-analyses and of large randomized trials in the study of cancer treatmentsJean Pierre Pignon
Service de biostatistique et d épidémiologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif cedex 95805, France
Lung Cancer 65:9-12. 2009..In conclusion, well-conducted meta-analyses and large trials are complementary tools to evaluate new treatments...
- Meta-analysis of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer (MACH-NC): an update on 93 randomised trials and 17,346 patientsJean Pierre Pignon
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 92:4-14. 2009..However the heterogeneity of the results limited the conclusions and prompted us to confirm the results on a more complete database by adding the randomised trials conducted between 1994 and 2000...
- [Meta-analyses on individual patient data and treatment evaluation in oncology]Jean Pierre Pignon
Service de biostatistique et d épidémiologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex
Bull Cancer 94:957-64. 2007..Lastly, the large data bases of individual patient data meta-analyses allow subsidiary studies such as validation studies of surrogate endpoints or studies of the predictive value of tumour markers...
- Lung adjuvant cisplatin evaluation: a pooled analysis by the LACE Collaborative GroupJean Pierre Pignon
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3552-9. 2008..The aim of the Lung Adjuvant Cisplatin Evaluation was to identify treatment options associated with a higher benefit or groups of patients who particularly benefit from postoperative chemotherapy...
- [Individual patient data meta-analyses in head and neck carcinoma: what have we learnt?]J P Pignon
Service de biostatistique et d épidémiologie, Département de Chirurgie Cervicofaciale, Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 9:31-6. 2005..The results showed a small but significant improvement in favor of altered fractionated RT for overall survival and local control with an absolute benefit at five years of 3 and 6%, respectively...
- Meta-Analyses of Chemotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer (MACH-NC): an updateJean-Pierre Pignon
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:S112-4. 2007
- Chemotherapy added to locoregional treatment for head and neck squamous-cell carcinoma: three meta-analyses of updated individual data. MACH-NC Collaborative Group. Meta-Analysis of Chemotherapy on Head and Neck CancerJ P Pignon
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustav Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet 355:949-55. 2000..We did three meta-analyses of the impact of survival on chemotherapy added to locoregional treatment...
- [Larynx preservation: nonsurgical approaches]J Bourhis
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 8:S24-8. 2004..Finally, larynx preservation is generally not proposed in patients with deeply infiltrating tumors and or tumor invading the cartilage or soft tissue in the neck (T4)...
- A randomised trial comparing 5-FU with 5-FU plus cisplatin in advanced pancreatic carcinomaM Ducreux
Institut Gustave Roussy, Service d Oncologie Digestive, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 13:1185-91. 2002..5% response rate and a 29% survival rate at 1 year. The present study aimed to compare FUP with 5-FU alone, which was the control arm in former Mayo Clinic trials...
- Extrahepatic disease does not contraindicate hepatectomy for colorectal liver metastasesD Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Surg 90:567-74. 2003..The present study reports the long-term outcome and prognostic factors of patients undergoing resection of extrahepatic disease simultaneously with hepatectomy for liver metastases...
- Survival of patients with resected N2 non-small-cell lung cancer: evidence for a subclassification and implicationsF Andre
Departments of Medicine and Biostatistics, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 18:2981-9. 2000..We analyzed the prognosis of patients with resected N2 NSCLC to propose homogeneous patient subgroups...
- Multicentre phase II trial of capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: FFCD 03-03 trialV Boige
Gastrointestinal Oncology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 97:862-7. 2007..However, the manageable toxicity profile and the encouraging disease control rate deserve further attention for this convenient, outpatient-based chemotherapy regimen...
- Results of 136 curative hepatectomies with a safety margin of less than 10 mm for colorectal metastasesD Elias
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Villejuif, France
J Surg Oncol 69:88-93. 1998..The true impact of the width of the margin on the prognosis is unclear...
- [Assessment of the cost of first line chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer. Preliminary results in the FFCD 9601 trial]C Locher
, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:749-54. 2001..In this study, toxicity was probably overestimated due to the small number of patients. More patients are necessary in order to better estimate the cost of toxicity of these chemotherapies...
- Random effects survival models gave a better understanding of heterogeneity in individual patient data meta-analysesS Michiels
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave-Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins. 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Epidemiol 58:238-45. 2005..CONCLUSION: We conclude that this family of random-effects models is a useful tool for exploring heterogeneity in meta-analyses of time-to-event data, and that its features can be applied to a very wide range of studies...
- [Adjuvant chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer]Laurent Taillade
, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 91:63-7. 2004..In this article, the current status of adjuvant chemotherapy is reviewed, and future prospects are discussed...
- Impact of primary tumour resection on survival of patients with colorectal cancer and synchronous metastases treated by chemotherapy: results from the multicenter, randomised trial Fédération Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive 9601F Ferrand
Institut Gustave Roussy, Gastro Intestinal Unit, Department of Oncologic Medicine, Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 49:90-7. 2013..To assess the impact of primary tumour resection on overall survival (OS) of patients diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Randomized trials of amifostine and radiotherapy: effect on survival?J Bourhis
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, Cedex France
Semin Oncol 31:62-6. 2004..It will be also possible to study the effect(s) of amifostine in different tumor types...
- Randomised trial comparing three different schedules of infusional 5FU and raltitrexed alone as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer. Final results of the Fédération Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive (FFCD) 9601 trialM Ducreux
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Oncology 70:222-30. 2006....
- Prognostic value of clinicopathological parameters in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a prospective analysisF Janot
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 73:531-8. 1996..All the other histological and biological factors studied failed to provide further prognostic information. These findings may help to select patients with high metastatic risk...
- Meta-analyses in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. What is the role of chemotherapy?J Bourhis
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 13:769-75, vii. 1999....
- Cost-effectiveness of three strategies for second-line erlotinib initiation in nonsmall-cell lung cancer: the ERMETIC study part 3I Borget
Etudes et Recherche en Economie de la Santé, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 39:172-9. 2012..Sensitivity analyses confirmed the robustness of the results. The cost-effectiveness of second-line NSCLC treatment is improved when patients are selected on either clinical or biological grounds...
- Concomitant radio-chemotherapy based on platin compounds in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a meta-analysis of individual data from 1764 patientsA Auperin
Unit of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Radiation Oncology and Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 17:473-83. 2006..Despite several randomised trials comparing radiotherapy alone with concomitant radio-chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), it is not clear whether the addition of chemotherapy improves survival...
- Treatment outcome and survival in participants of phase I oncology trials carried out from 2003 to 2006 at Institut Gustave RoussyA Italiano
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Ann Oncol 19:787-92. 2008..There is scarce data concerning outcome and survival of patients enrolled in current phase I oncology trials...
- Taking into account successive treatment lines in the analysis of a colorectal cancer randomised trialJ Pénichoux
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit, Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Biostatistics Team, INSERM, CESP Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health U1018, F 94807 Villejuif, France Univ Paris Sud, UMRS 1018, F 94807 Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 49:1882-8. 2013..7 [1.4-2.1]). Overall, this study suggests that starting with less toxic first-line treatment is a valid option since it does not exert a deleterious effect on the risk of overall progression or death...
- Chemo-radiotherapy in head and neck cancerJ Bourhis
Department of Radiation-Oncology, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 17:x39-41. 2006
- Immunogenic death of colon cancer cells treated with oxaliplatinA Tesniere
INSERM, U848, Villejuif, France
Oncogene 29:482-91. 2010..In conclusion, OXP induces immunogenic death of CRC cells, and this effect determines its therapeutic efficacy in CRC patients...
- Addition of estramustine to chemotherapy and survival of patients with castration-refractory prostate cancer: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataKarim Fizazi
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 8:994-1000. 2007..We aimed to assess whether combining estramustine with chemotherapy increases survival in patients with castration-refractory prostate cancer...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of first-line chemotherapies in metastatic colorectal cancer. Results of the FÃ©dÃ©ration Francophone de CancÃ©rologie Digestive (FFCD) 9601 randomized trialIsabelle Borget
Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Oncology 71:40-8. 2006..LD-LV5FU2 appeared a good alternative regimen because it reduced costs without jeopardizing its efficacy. The WI-FU regimen did not show a significant difference in terms of efficacy, but suggested toxicity to be slightly increased...
- Meta-analysis when only the median survival times are known: a comparison with individual patient data resultsStefan Michiels
Department of Public Health, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 21:119-25. 2005..We aimed to evaluate retrospectively the performance of meta-analyses using median survival times and survival rates by comparing them with meta-analyses using IPD to calculate HRs...
- Should adjuvant chemotherapy become standard treatment in all patients with resected non-small-cell lung cancer?Thierry Le Chevalier
Institut Gustave Roussy, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 94800 Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 6:182-4. 2005..In this debate, Thierry Le Chevalier and colleagues and Giorgio Scagliotti present opposing arguments for whether this approach should be considered standard...
- Benefits of adding a drug to a single-agent or a 2-agent chemotherapy regimen in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a meta-analysisCatherine Delbaldo
Department of Medecine, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
JAMA 292:470-84. 2004..21; P =.88). The median survival ratio was 1.00 (95% CI, 0.94-1.06; P =.97). CONCLUSION: Adding a second drug improved tumor response and survival rate. Adding a third drug had a weaker effect on tumor response and no effect on survival...
- Results of R0 resection for colorectal liver metastases associated with extrahepatic diseaseDominique Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg Oncol 11:274-80. 2004..This study reports the long-term outcome and prognostic factors of patients undergoing extrahepatic disease resection simultaneously with hepatectomy for liver metastases...
- Catalytic subunit of human telomerase reverse transcriptase is an independent predictor of survival in patients undergoing curative resection of hepatic colorectal metastases: a multicenter analysisJulien Domont
Institut Gustave Roussy, Division of Cancer Médecine, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 23:3086-93. 2005..To determine the role of the catalytic subunit of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) in predicting survival after resection of hepatic colorectal metastases (CRM)...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer: contribution of the International Adjuvant Lung TrialAriane Dunant
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 11:5017s-5021s. 2005....
- [Colorectal cancer: prognostic molecular markers]Valerie Boige
Unité de Gastro Entérologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:21-32. 2004
- Chemotherapy in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an individual patient data meta-analysis of eight randomized trials and 1753 patientsBertrand Baujat
Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:47-56. 2006..CONCLUSION: Chemotherapy led to a small, but significant, benefit for overall survival and event-free survival. This benefit was essentially observed when chemotherapy was administered concomitantly with RT...
- Hepatic and extrahepatic colorectal metastases: when resectable, their localization does not matter, but their total number has a prognostic effectDominique Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Comprehensive Cancer Center, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif Cedex, 94805, France
Ann Surg Oncol 12:900-9. 2005..After resection, the prognosis is based more on the total number of resected metastases (located inside and outside the liver) than on the site of these metastases (only inside the liver or not)...
- Hyperfractionated or accelerated radiotherapy in head and neck cancer: a meta-analysisJean Bourhis
Radiation Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet 368:843-54. 2006..Comparison of the different types of altered radiotherapy suggests that hyperfractionation has the greatest benefit...
- Individual patients' data meta-analyses in head and neck cancerJean Bourhis
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 19:188-94. 2007..The database included nearly 120 randomized trials, and about 25,000 patients, with a median follow-up of 6 years...
- [Estimation of alcohol-related deaths in France in 1985]J P Pignon
, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 15:51-6. 1991....
- A graphical method for exploring heterogeneity in meta-analyses: application to a meta-analysis of 65 trialsBertrand Baujat
Institut Gustave Roussy, , 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Stat Med 21:2641-52. 2002..This method can also be applied to identify types of patients that explain heterogeneity in the treatment effect...
- Efficacy and safety of bevacizumab-based combination regimens in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: Final results from a randomised phase ii study of bevacizumab plus 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin plus irinotecan versus bevacizuM Ducreux
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 49:1236-45. 2013....
- Heated intra-operative intraperitoneal oxaliplatin after complete resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis: pharmacokinetics and tissue distributionD Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy Comprehensive Cancer Center, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 13:267-72. 2002..Oxaliplatin has demonstrated significant activity in advanced colorectal cancer, and this is the first publication concerning its intraperitoneal administration...
- Effect of amifostine on survival among patients treated with radiotherapy: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataJean Bourhis
Institut Gustave Roussy, 114 rue Edouard Vaillant, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 29:2590-7. 2011..The aim of this meta-analysis was to evaluate the impact of amifostine on overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS) in patients treated with radiotherapy or chemoradiotherapy...
- Resected non-small cell lung cancer: need for adjuvant lymph node treatment? From hope to realityRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina IRAM, Américo Vespucio Norte 1314, Vitacura, Santiago, Chile
Lung Cancer 42:S57-64. 2003..We discuss here the available worldwide information on this subject. There is an urgent need for new trials in this topic...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..Seven patients (0.8 percent) died of chemotherapy-induced toxic effects. CONCLUSIONS: Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Pooled analysis of the effect of age on adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy for completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerMartin Fruh
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto
J Clin Oncol 26:3573-81. 2008..This pooled analysis was undertaken to assess the efficacy and toxicity of adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in elderly patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, , Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006..49 to 0.90; P=0.009). CONCLUSIONS: Patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer and ERCC1-negative tumors appear to benefit from adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy, whereas patients with ERCC1-positive tumors do not...
- Need for a new trial to evaluate adjuvant postoperative radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer patients with N2 mediastinal involvementCécile Le Péchoux
J Clin Oncol 25:e10-1. 2007
- Cell cycle regulators and outcome of adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer: the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial Biologic ProgramMartin Filipits
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 25:2735-40. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether cell cycle regulators are of prognostic and/or predictive value in patients who were enrolled onto the IALT...
- Multidrug resistance proteins do not predict benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small cell lung cancer: International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial Biologic ProgramMartin Filipits
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 13:3892-8. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether multidrug resistance proteins (MRP) are of prognostic and/or predictive value in patients who were enrolled into the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial (IALT)...
- Chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: an update of an individual patient data-based meta-analysisSarah Burdett
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1205; author reply 1205-6. 2005
- Letter to the editorSarah Burdett
Lung Cancer 48:149-50. 2005
- Comment on "Survival improvement in resectable non-small cell lung cancer with (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy: results of a meta-analysis of the literature" by T. Berghmans, M. Paesmans, A.P. Meert, C. Mascaux, P. Lothaire, J.J. Lafitte, et al. [LunJean-Pierre Pignon
Lung Cancer 51:261-2; author reply 263-5. 2006
- Chemotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer: an update of an individual patient data meta-analysisSarah Burdett
J Clin Oncol 23:924-5; author reply 925-6. 2005
- Progression-free survival is a surrogate for survival in advanced colorectal cancerMarc Buyse
International Drug Development Institute, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 25:5218-24. 2007..We investigated whether progression-free survival (PFS) could be considered a valid surrogate for OS in advanced colorectal cancer...