Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- High-dose methotrexate and HELP [Holoxan (ifosfamide), eldesine (vindesine), platinum]--doxorubicin in non-metastatic osteosarcoma of the extremity: a French multicentre pilot study. Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte contre le Cancer and Société FT Philip
Centre Leon Berard, Pediatric and Medical Oncology Departement, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 10:1065-71. 1999..This study evaluates histological response, long-term outcome, and toxicity in an intensive chemotherapy program given before surgery...
- High-dose chemotherapy and autologous bone marrow transplantation in diffuse intermediate- and high-grade non-Hodgkin lymphomaThierry Philip
Bone Marrow Transplant Department, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008, Lyon, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 41:213-23. 2002..Timing and epidemiology are reviewed before the various clinical situations (primary refractory partial responses, complete responses and relapses). The Lyon consensus conference held in 1998 has also extensively been used and quoted...
- Osteosarcoma metastatic to the kidney and iatrogenic hemorrhagePerrine Marec-Berard
Department of Pediatrics, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon Cedex, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:690-2. 2008..Our observation suggests that histological documentation of these unusual clinical presentations should be carefully weighed against the risk of the procedure...
- Preradiation chemotherapy may improve survival in pediatric diffuse intrinsic brainstem gliomas: final results of BSG 98 prospective trialDidier Frappaz
Pediatric Department, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Neuro Oncol 10:599-607. 2008....
- Persistence of medical change at implementation of clinical guidelines on medical practice: a controlled study in a cancer networkIsabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4414-23. 2005..In the present study, we evaluated the persistence of conformity to guidelines through a new medical audit...
- Medical practices and cancer care networks: examples in oncologyIsabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 93:E13-20. 2006..This article provides a state-of-the-art overview of the subject, notably in the domain of oncology where substantial advances are being made...
- Predictors of high quality clinical practice guidelines: examples in oncologyBeatrice Fervers
Federation Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer, Sor, Paris, France
Int J Qual Health Care 17:123-32. 2005..However, there is increasing concern about variation in guideline quality. In this study we identified predictors for high-quality guidelines in oncology...
- [Childhood cancer. Epidemiologic, diagnostic, and therapeutic aspects]Christophe Bergeron
Departement de Pediatrie, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon 08
Rev Prat 54:1489-95. 2004
- [An interactive and evolutive software program to personalize treatment schedule : implication on daily life: the Centre Léon Bérard experience]Matthias Schell
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08
Bull Cancer 93:517-23. 2006..This tool is currently being tested at the Centre Léon Bérard...
- Ewing sarcoma: the pediatrician's point of viewPerrine Marec-Berard
Pediatric Oncology Department, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon Cedex, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:477-80. 2004..Pediatric oncologists do not outweigh surgeons or radiation therapists, but they are the ones who coordinate the medical team, which also includes pathologists and imaging specialists...
- [The cost of cancer in France: macroeconomic and microeconomic approaches, evolution towards a prospective payment system]Lionel Perrier
GRESAC, Unité CNRS 5823, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 90:1005-9. 2003....
- Factors predicting home death for terminally ill cancer patients receiving hospital-based home care: the Lyon comprehensive cancer center experienceGisèle Chvetzoff
Home Care Coordinating Unit, Leon Berard Center, Lyon, France
J Pain Symptom Manage 30:528-35. 2005..A hospital-based home care unit is effective for bridging the gap between community and hospital. MCO home visits offer concrete support to health care professionals, patients, and relatives...
- Impact of TBI on late effects in children treated by megatherapy for Stage IV neuroblastoma. A study of the French Society of Pediatric oncologyIsabelle Flandin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:1424-31. 2006..To determine the contribution of total body irradiation (TBI) to late sequelae in children treated with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous bone marrow transplantation for Stage IV neuroblastoma...
- Metastatic osteosarcoma at diagnosis: prognostic factors and long-term outcome--the French pediatric experienceValerie Mialou
Pediatrics Department, Leon Berard Center, Lyon, France
Cancer 104:1100-9. 2005..Patients were treated in six French pediatric oncology centers with surgery and multiagent chemotherapy, mainly with high-dose methotrexate. Their medical records were reviewed retrospectively...
- [Immunotherapy of poor-prognosis neuroblastoma in children: from bench to bedside]Raphael Rousseau
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 93:153-61. 2006....
- CoCanCPG. Coordination of cancer clinical practice in EuropeBeatrice Fervers
Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer SOR Centre Léon Bérard, EA 4129 Santé Individu Société, Lyon, France
Tumori 94:154-9. 2008..Through its activities, CoCanCPG will make an important contribution towards better access to evidence-based cancer practices and thus contribute to reducing inequalities and improving care for patients with cancer across Europe...
- Cryopreservation with hydroxyethylstarch (HES) + dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) gives better results than DMSO aloneGilles Clapisson
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Bull Cancer 91:E97-102. 2004..The freezing curves differ essentially in the slope down after the surfusion peak. However, surfusion peaks are similar in both conditions. The relevance of mechanical freezing is the saving of time and the safety of such a procedure...
- [Pain and cancer Information dedicated to cancer patients and relatives]Ivan Krakowski
Centre Alexis Vautrin, Vandoeuvre les Nancy
Bull Cancer 95:443-8. 2008..This article is an abstract of the guide. The complete SOR SAVOIR PATIENT guide can be downloaded from the SOR website at: www.sor-cancer.fr...
- [To understand the words of cancer: Lexonco, dictionary of oncology SOR SAVOIR PATIENT for patients and relatives. Methodological aspects]V Delavigne
Linguiste, FNCLCC, Paris
Bull Cancer 94:405-10. 2007..This paper describes the methodological aspects which take into account patients and experts' perspectives to produce the defi nitions...
- [Psychological aspects of cancer Information dedicated to patients and relatives]Jean Luc Machavoine
Centre hospitalier Jacques Monod, Flers
Bull Cancer 94:203-11. 2007..The document addresses the issue of the psychological support made available to the patients during and after the disease. The SOR SAVOIR PATIENT guide can be downloaded from the FNCLCC website at: http://www.fnclcc.fr..
- [Cancer networks]Fadila Farsi
CRLCC Léon Bérard
Bull Cancer 89:197-206. 2002..However, this will also probably contribute to maintaining this excellence...
- [SOR SAVOIR PATIENT Cancer and fatigue. Information dedicated to cancer patients and relatives]Pascale Dielenseger
Association française des infi rmier e s en cancérologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Bull Cancer 93:1213-27. 2006..This article is meant to inform patients and relatives about the disease and its treatments. It also offers health professionals a synthetic evidence-based patient information source which facilitates discussions with the patient...
- Impact of high-dose busulfan plus melphalan as consolidation in metastatic Ewing tumors: a study by the Société Française des Cancers de l'EnfantOdile Oberlin
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3997-4002. 2006..To improve the prognosis for patients with metastatic Ewing sarcoma/primitive neuroectodermal tumors (ES/PNET) using conventional chemotherapy and consolidation high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) containing busulfan and melphalan...
- [Standards and Options for the use of radiation therapy in the management of patients with osteosarcoma. Update 2004]Line Claude
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon
Bull Cancer 92:891-906. 2005..The methodology is based on a literature review and critical appraisal by a multidisciplinary group of experts, with feedback from specialists in cancer care delivery...
- [A study based on national DRG data to evaluate work load, practice and cost relating to paediatric oncology in French hospitals]Lionel Perrier
GRESAC, Unité CNRS 5823, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex
Bull Cancer 89:975-83. 2002..To assess if our methodology previously used for all cancers remains valid when only 1% of cancers are analysed, we used childhood cancer in French hospitals based on national DRG data...
- Increased risk of systemic relapses associated with bone marrow micrometastasis and circulating tumor cells in localized ewing tumorGudrun Schleiermacher
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, INSERM U 509, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 21:85-91. 2003..ET cells are characterized by specific gene fusions that can be detected with high sensitivity and specificity by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Clinical-practice guidelines in Europe: time for European co-operation for cancer guidelinesBeatrice Fervers
SOR programme, FNCLCC, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 4:139-40. 2003
- [The SOR SAVOIR Patient, a project of patient information and education]Line Leichtnam-Dugarin
Cancer Radiother 7:210-2. 2003
- [An evidence-based patient information and patient education programme: the SOR SAVOIR PATIENT]Julien Carretier
Bull Cancer 91:351-3. 2004..These leaflets stem from a collection of patients documents on radiological examinations (Understanding mammography, Ultrasound, etc.) which have been developed to help patients and caregivers to better understand these examinations...
- [Breast cancer screening in France]Thierry Philip
Centre Léon B6rard Gresac, UMR 58 23, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon
Bull Acad Natl Med 189:321-36; discussion 336-9. 2005..After analysing the outcome of screening, particularly the results of the 2003 Cancer Plan, the authors considered the risks of screening, and the type of information given to women...
- [Surgery remains the first weapon against cancer: surgery in French cancer plan. The proposals of the group of French oncologists]Thierry Philip
Bull Cancer 89:S5-6. 2002
- [A cancer research institute: of course and with an European vision as well]Thierry Philip
Bull Cancer 90:289-90. 2003
- [Public health: a true concern in the French political scene]Laurent Borella
Federation Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer, 101, rue de Tolbiac, 75654 Paris Cedex 13
Bull Cancer 89:241-3. 2002..We believe that health priorities and health outcomes should be defined before any financial decision is made, this preliminary debate being an essential contribution to evidence-based policy-making in public health...
- [Understanding positon emission tomography (PET) with [18F]-FDG in clinical oncology. Informations dedicated to patients and relatives]Patrick Bourguet
Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes NCLCC, Paris
Bull Cancer 92:723-32. 2005..fnclcc.fr...
- [Adjuvant therapy for breast cancer patients: treatment decision tree from a French cancer network]Thomas Bachelot
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Bull Cancer 89:897-903. 2002..However, due to the subjectivity of risk/benefit estimations, patients themselves should become more involved in the decision-making process...
- Improvement of European translational cancer research. Collaboration between comprehensive cancer centersUlrik Ringborg
Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Tumori 94:143-6. 2008....
- Detection of N-myc amplification by FISH in immature areas of fixed neuroblastomas: more efficient than Southern blot/PCRHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Pathol 198:83-91. 2002..001) and could detect heterogeneous amplification. FISH could therefore become an important complementary procedure in assessing prognosis in neuroblastomas...