Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Whole Genome Profiling provides a robust framework for physical mapping and sequencing in the highly complex and repetitive wheat genomeRomain Philippe
INRA UBP, UMR1095, Genetics Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, 234 avenue du Brezet, 63100 Clermont Ferrand, France
BMC Genomics 13:47. 2012..Whole Genome Profiling (WGP™) was developed recently as a new sequence-based physical mapping technology and has the potential to limit this problem...
- A highly conserved gene island of three genes on chromosome 3B of hexaploid wheat: diverse gene function and genomic structure maintained in a tightly linked blockJames Breen
Centre for Comparative Genomics, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
BMC Plant Biol 10:98. 2010..The ctg1034 contig completed in this paper was initially studied because it was assigned to the Sr2 resistance locus region, but detailed mapping studies subsequently assigned it to the long arm of 3B and revealed its unusual features...
- A first survey of the rye (Secale cereale) genome composition through BAC end sequencing of the short arm of chromosome 1RJan Bartos
Laboratory of Molecular Cytogenetics and Cytometry, Institute of Experimental Botany, Olomouc, Czech Republic
BMC Plant Biol 8:95. 2008..1RS translocation. A better knowledge of the rye genome could facilitate rye improvement and increase the efficiency of utilizing rye genes in wheat breeding...
- A new genomic resource dedicated to wood formation in EucalyptusDavid Rengel
UMR CNRS Université Toulouse III 5546, Pôle de Biotechnologies Végétales, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge, BP42617 Auzeville, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
BMC Plant Biol 9:36. 2009..To this end, the sequencing, analysis and annotation of a large collection of expressed sequences tags (ESTs) from genes involved in wood formation in Eucalyptus would provide a valuable resource...
- Specific patterns of gene space organisation revealed in wheat by using the combination of barley and wheat genomic resourcesCamille Rustenholz
INRA UMR 1095, Génétique Diversité et Ecophysiologie des Céréales, 63100 Clermont Ferrand, France
BMC Genomics 11:714. 2010..This study aims at combining the unique genomic resources developed in wheat and barley to decipher the organisation of gene space on wheat chromosome 3B...
- Insertion site-based polymorphism markers open new perspectives for genome saturation and marker-assisted selection in wheatEtienne Paux
INRA UBP UMR 1095, Genetics, Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, Clermont Ferrand, France
Plant Biotechnol J 8:196-210. 2010..All together, our results suggest that ISBP markers have the potential to lead to a breakthrough in wheat marker-assisted selection...
- Variation in crossover rates across a 3-Mb contig of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum) reveals the presence of a meiotic recombination hotspotCyrille Saintenac
UMR 1095, Genetics, Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, INRA UBP, Domaine de Crouël, 234 avenue du Brezet, Clermont Ferrand, 63100, France
Chromosoma 120:185-98. 2011..A non-crossover event covering at least 453 bp was also identified in the same interval. From these results, we can conclude that gene content could be one of the factors driving recombination in bread wheat...
- Megabase level sequencing reveals contrasted organization and evolution patterns of the wheat gene and transposable element spacesFrédéric Choulet
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Universite Blaise Pascal, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1095 Genetics Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, F 63100 Clermont Ferrand, France
Plant Cell 22:1686-701. 2010....
- Sequence-based marker development in wheat: advances and applications to breedingEtienne Paux
INRA UBP 1095, Genetics Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, 234 avenue du Brezet, Clermont Ferrand, France
Biotechnol Adv 30:1071-88. 2012..Finally, we discuss the advantages and limitations of marker-assisted selection for supporting wheat improvement...
- A physical map of the 1-gigabase bread wheat chromosome 3BEtienne Paux
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Université Blaise Pascal INRA UBP, UMR 1095, Genetics Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals, Clermont Ferrand, France
Science 322:101-4. 2008..This physical map establishes a template for the remaining wheat chromosomes and demonstrates the feasibility of constructing physical maps in large, complex, polyploid genomes with a chromosome-based approach...
- Physical mapping in large genomes: accelerating anchoring of BAC contigs to genetic maps through in silico analysisEtienne Paux
INRA, UMR 1095, ASP, 234, avenue du Brézet, 63100, Clermont Ferrand, France
Funct Integr Genomics 8:29-32. 2008....