Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Time course of female-to-male sex reversal in 38,XX fetal and postnatal pigsE Pailhoux
Unité de Biologie du Développement et Biotechnologies, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Dev Dyn 222:328-40. 2001....
- Mammalian gonadal differentiation: the pig modelE Pailhoux
Unité de Biologie du Développement et Biotechnologies, Bâtiment J Poly INRA, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Reprod Suppl 58:65-80. 2001..Identification of the genes involved in this pathology will improve our knowledge of mammalian gonadal differentiation and may allow the eradication of this genetic disease in pigs...
- Ontogenesis of female-to-male sex-reversal in XX polled goatsEric Pailhoux
laboratoire de biologie du développement et biotechnologies, INRA Bâtiment J Poly, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Dev Dyn 224:39-50. 2002..These observations indicated that the causal mutation of PIS acts very early in the sex-determining cascade and affects primarily the supporting cells of the gonad...
- TOPAZ1, a novel germ cell-specific expressed gene conserved during evolution across vertebratesAdrienne Baillet
INRA, UMR 1198 Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 6:e26950. 2011..Some of these transcripts might be potential new oocyte and granulosa cell markers. We have now characterized one of them, named TOPAZ1 for the Testis and Ovary-specific PAZ domain gene...
- Gonad differentiation in the rabbit: evidence of species-specific featuresNathalie Daniel-Carlier
UMR 1198, Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 8:e60451. 2013..This was probably a consequence of the synchronous strong NANOS2 gene expression in XY gonad. In conclusion, our data highlighted some rabbit-specific findings with respect to the gonad differentiation process...
- R-spondin1 is required for normal epithelial morphogenesis during mammary gland developmentSead Chadi
INRA, UMR1313 Genetique Animale et Biologie Integrative, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:1040-3. 2009..Our data demonstrate that local epithelial Rspo1 signalling is required for normal development of the mammary gland...
- A study of goat SRY protein expression suggests putative new roles for this gene in the developing testis of a species with long-lasting SRY expressionFatemeh Montazer-Torbati
INRA, Biologie du Développement et Reproduction Bât J Poly, Jouy en Josas, France
Dev Dyn 239:3324-35. 2010..Our data indicate that in goat, the role of SRY may not be limited to testis determination and could have other functions in testicular maintenance and hence male fertility...
- Novel insights into the bovine polled phenotype and horn ontogenesis in BovidaeAurélie Allais-Bonnet
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR 1198 Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 8:e63512. 2013..Our results represent a first and important step in understanding the genetic pathways and key process involved in horn bud differentiation in Bovidae...
- Goat RSPO1 over-expression rescues sex-reversal in Rspo1-knockout XX mice but does not perturb testis differentiation in XY or sex-reversed XX miceLaurine Buscara
UR339, Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78350, Jouy en Josas, France
Transgenic Res 18:649-54. 2009..On the contrary, over-expression of gRSPO1 within a mSRY or a gSRY-XX genotypes did not interfere with the SRY-induced male phenotype...
- FOXL2 activates P450 aromatase gene transcription: towards a better characterization of the early steps of mammalian ovarian developmentMaelle Pannetier
Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction UMR 1198 INRA ENVA, Bât J Poly, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
J Mol Endocrinol 36:399-413. 2006..This period, of 20 days in goat, seems to have no equivalent in mouse. This species-specific difference could explain the phenotype discrepancy observed between XX goat PIS(-/-) and XX mouse Foxl2(-/-)...
- Goat SRY induces testis development in XX transgenic miceMaelle Pannetier
INRA, Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Bât J Poly, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
FEBS Lett 580:3715-20. 2006..Our results demonstrate that sex-reversal can be induced in XX-mice by a non-mouse SRY thus suggesting a conserved molecular mechanism of action of this testis-determining gene across mammalian species...
- R-spondin1 and FOXL2 act into two distinct cellular types during goat ovarian differentiationAyhan Kocer
INRA, UMR 1198, ENVA, CNRS, FRE 2857, Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, F 78350, France
BMC Dev Biol 8:36. 2008..Furthermore, since functional redundancy between different R-spondins may influence gonad development, we also studied the expression patterns of RSPO2, 3 and 4...
- Ovarian-specific expression of a new gene regulated by the goat PIS region and transcribed by a FOXL2 bidirectional promoterMaelle Pannetier
Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Bât J Poly, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Genomics 85:715-26. 2005..Finally, we discuss evidence arguing for regulation of the level of FOXL2 transcription via the bidirectional promoter and the level of transcription of PFOXic...
- Loss of R-spondin1 and Foxl2 amplifies female-to-male sex reversal in XX miceA Auguste
INRA, UMR 1198, Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
Sex Dev 5:304-17. 2011..Ectopic development of the steroidogenic lineage is more pronounced in XX Foxl2(-/-)/Rspo1(-/-) gonads than in XX Rspo1(-/-) embryos, suggesting that Foxl2 is involved in preventing ectopic steroidogenesis in foetal ovaries...
- [Sex differentiation: state of the art and future prospects]Maelle Pannetier
INRA, UMR1198 Biologie du développement et de la reproduction, Bâtiment J Poly, Jouy en Josas, France
Med Sci (Paris) 27:859-65. 2011..Existing differences between the widely used mouse model and other mammals, such as human and goat, will be highlighted...
- FOXL2 is a female sex-determining gene in the goatLaurent Boulanger
INRA, UMR 1198 Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Curr Biol 24:404-8. 2014..They also highlight a stage-dependent role of FOXL2 in the ovary, different between goats and mice, being important for fetal development in the former but for postnatal maintenance in the latter...
- High-throughput sequencing analyses of XX genital ridges lacking FOXL2 reveal DMRT1 up-regulation before SOX9 expression during the sex-reversal process in goatsMaëva Elzaiat
INRA, UMR 1198, Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
Biol Reprod 91:153. 2014..Overall, our results equated to FOXL2 being an antitestis gene, allowing us to propose an alternative model for the sex-determination process in goats that differs slightly from that demonstrated in mice. ..
- Isolation of chicken homolog of the FOXL2 gene and comparison of its expression patterns with those of aromatase during ovarian developmentMarina S Govoroun
Station de Recherches Avicoles, INRA, Nouzilly, France
Dev Dyn 231:859-70. 2004..A high level of cFoxL2 transcription was also observed in maturing and ovulated oocytes. Our results confirm that FoxL2 is an early regulator of ovarian development in birds and may be involved in aromatase transcription regulation...
- Identification of transcripts involved in meiosis and follicle formation during ovine ovary developmentAdrienne Baillet
INRA, ENVA, UMR 1198 Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
BMC Genomics 9:436. 2008..In sheep, these steps occur during fetal life, between 55 and 80 days of gestation, respectively. The aim of this study was to identify differentially expressed ovarian genes during prophase I meiosis and early folliculogenesis in sheep...
- Positional cloning of the PIS mutation in goats and its impact on understanding mammalian sex-differentiationEric Pailhoux
Laboratoire de Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Genet Sel Evol 37:S55-64. 2005..Under this hypothesis, SRY, the testis-determining factor would inhibit these two genes in the gonads of XY males, to ensure testis differentiation...
- Transgenesis applied to goat: current applications and ongoing researchLaurent Boulanger
Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, INRA UMR1198, Jouy en Josas, France
Transgenic Res 21:1183-90. 2012..This short review aims at highlighting the current applications and limitations of the goat genome manipulation...
- Prnp knockdown in transgenic mice using RNA interferenceMicaela Gallozzi
UR 339, Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78350, Jouy en Josas, France
Transgenic Res 17:783-91. 2008..This result highlights the potential and limitations of the RNA interference approach when applied to disease resistance...
- A 3.7 Mb deletion encompassing ZEB2 causes a novel polled and multisystemic syndrome in the progeny of a somatic mosaic bullAurélien Capitan
INRA, UMR1313 Genetique Animale et Biologie Integrative, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 7:e49084. 2012..This result sets PMS as a unique model to study sex-specific gene expression/regulation...
- Molecular genetics of sex determinationCorinne Cotinot
Unité de Biologie du Développement et Biotechnologies, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Semin Reprod Med 20:157-68. 2002..In both sexes, genetic analysis of sex-reversed individuals (XX males, XX and XY hermaphrodites, and XY with complete or partial dysgenesis) remains an approach of choice to isolate new genes involved in sex determination...
- Foxl2 gene and the development of the ovary: a story about goat, mouse, fish and womanDaniel Baron
Equipe Sexualite et Reproduction, INRA SCRIBE, Département PHASE, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 45:377-82. 2005..Particularly, we developed the study of the FOXL2 gene and its implication in genetic anomalies in goats (PIS mutation) and humans (BPES). We present the expression of FOXL2 in the ovaries of different species...
- Differential aggregation and functional impairment induced by polyalanine expansions in FOXL2, a transcription factor involved in cranio-facial and ovarian developmentLara Moumné
Department of Genetics and Development, INSERM U567, Team21 Genomics and Epigenetics of Placental Diseases, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 17:1010-9. 2008....