Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Sunitinib versus interferon alfa in metastatic renal-cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 356:115-24. 2007..Since sunitinib malate has shown activity in two uncontrolled studies in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma, a comparison of the drug with interferon alfa in a phase 3 trial is warranted...
- Antiangiogenic treatments and mechanisms of action in renal cell carcinomaSylvie Negrier
Université de Lyon Centre Léon Bérard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Invest New Drugs 30:1791-801. 2012..In this article, we consider the modes of action of these targeted agents and their differing target receptor profiles and we also evaluate how these correlate with their clinical efficacy and tolerability profiles...
- Duration of targeted therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a review of current practicesSylvie Negrier
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Oncology 82:189-96. 2012..In addition, practical strategies for achieving optimal treatment duration, through adverse event management, are discussed...
- [Treatment planning visit in oncology: factors predictive of satisfaction with the meeting with the physician and benefits of a second interview with a nurse]Sylvie Negrier
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon Cedex
Presse Med 36:779-85. 2007..This is why a specific process, the so-called "diagnosis disclosure visit", is included in the management protocol for cancer patients. The distress engendered by the news may, however, hinder the information process...
- Medroxyprogesterone, interferon alfa-2a, interleukin 2, or combination of both cytokines in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma of intermediate prognosis: results of a randomized controlled trialSylvie Negrier
Universite de Lyon, Department of Medical Oncology and Cytokines and Cancer Research Unit, Leon Berard Center, INSERM U590, Lyon, France
Cancer 110:2468-77. 2007..The Programme Etude Rein Cytokines (PERCY) Quattro trial was designed to evaluate both cytokines for their survival benefit to intermediate prognosis patients, who represent the majority of candidates for these treatments...
- Prognostic factors of response or failure of treatment in patients with metastatic renal carcinomas treated by cytokines: a report from the Groupe Français d'ImmunothérapieSylvie Negrier
Department of Biostatistics, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08 France
World J Urol 23:161-5. 2005..Patients who combine at least three of these factors have over 80% probability of rapid progression despite treatment. We think that these results must be taken into account for cytokine treatment decision...
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma with and without prior cytokine therapy, a subanalysis of TARGETS Negrier
Centre Leon Berard and Claude Bernard University, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon, 69008, France
Med Oncol 27:899-906. 2010....
- Interleukin-6, interleukin-10, and vascular endothelial growth factor in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: prognostic value of interleukin-6--from the Groupe Francais d'ImmunotherapieSylvie Negrier
Cytokines and Cancer Research Unit, INSERM U 590 and Medical Oncology Department, Cedex 08, France
J Clin Oncol 22:2371-8. 2004..Our objective was to analyze the prognostic value of circulating vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), interleukin-10 (IL-10), and interleukin-6 (IL-6)...
- [Metastatic kidney cancer: new therapeutic approaches]Sylvie Negrier
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon, France
Prog Urol 12:703-8. 2002..Finally, various molecules with promising antiangiogenic properties are currently under development in renal cancer...
- Prognostic factors of survival and rapid progression in 782 patients with metastatic renal carcinomas treated by cytokines: a report from the Groupe Français d'ImmunothérapieS Negrier
Departments of Biostatistics and Medicine, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 13:1460-8. 2002..Patients who combined at least three of these factors have >80% probability of rapid progression despite treatment. We think that these results must be taken into account when making the decision to treat with cytokine...
- [Interleukin-2 and interferon in metastatic kidney cancer. Experience of the French Immunotherapy Group]Sylvie Negrier
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon
Prog Urol 12:213-8. 2002..c. cytokine regimens are therefore fairly disappointing. These results were taken into account in the ongoing evaluation programme (Percy programme) based on patient selection as a function of prognostic factors...
- Treatment of patients with metastatic renal carcinoma with a combination of subcutaneous interleukin-2 and interferon alfa with or without fluorouracil. Groupe Français d'Immunothérapie, Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le CancerS Negrier
Centre L BERARD, Lyon, France
J Clin Oncol 18:4009-15. 2000..Most results, coming from noncontrolled phase II trials, showed inconsistent rates of response. More recently, the addition of fluorouracil (FU) was proposed to improve the efficacy of these regimens...
- Temsirolimus and bevacizumab, or sunitinib, or interferon alfa and bevacizumab for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (TORAVA): a randomised phase 2 trialSylvie Negrier
Medical Oncology Department, University of Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Lancet Oncol 12:673-80. 2011..We aimed to assess the potential synergistic or additive effect of the combination of bevacizumab, directed against the VEGF receptor, and temsirolimus, an mTOR inhibitor, in metastatic renal cell carcinoma...
- Patients with metastatic renal carcinoma candidate for immunotherapy with cytokines. Analysis of a single institution study on 181 patientsT Philip
Medical Oncology Department, , Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 68:1036-42. 1993..This study clearly evidences the selection of the patients receiving immunotherapy and the modification in referrals of a disease induced by a new available therapy. This emphasises the need for prospective studies in this setting...
- [Management of side effects associated with antiangiogenic treatment in renal cell carcinoma]A Flechon
Centre Leon Berard, Universite de Lyon, Departement d Oncologie Medicale, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 97:73-82. 2010..The management of toxic effects is essential to ensure treatment compliance and patient quality of life. The present report describes in detail the adverse events associated with each therapeutic class and the management of side effects...
- Correlation between clinical response to interleukin 2 and HLA phenotypes in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaC Bain
Department of Tumor Biology, , Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 75:283-6. 1997..008). Thus, these results suggest that, in vivo, IL-2 may enhance cellular-mediated immunity against a tumour antigen and that some MHC molecules are more efficient than others for endogenous tumour antigen presentation...
- Role of interleukin-6 in the paraneoplastic inflammatory syndrome associated with renal-cell carcinomaJ Y Blay
Unite Cytokine et Cancer et Département de Médecine, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 72:424-30. 1997....
- Breast cancer predictions by neural networks analysis: a comparison with logistic regressionV S Bourdès
Themis ICTA Group, Lyon, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5424-7. 2007....
- Intravenous interleukin-2 in patients over 65 with metastatic renal carcinomaS Negrier
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre L BERARD, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 65:723-6. 1992..Thus, if age does not seem to modify the potential for response to IL2 therapy, cardiac toxicity appears as a limiting factor for intravenous schedules of IL2...
- Response rate accuracy in oncology trials: reasons for interobserver variability. Groupe Français d'Immunothérapie of the Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le CancerP Thiesse
Department of Radiology, Centre régional Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
J Clin Oncol 15:3507-14. 1997..We evaluated the impact of an evaluation committee (EC) on patients' overall response status in a large multicenter trial in oncology. We identified reasons for disagreements between investigators and the EC...
- [Guidelines for clinical practice: Standards, Options and Recommendations 2005 for the management of adult patients exhibiting an M0 cutaneous melanoma, full report. National Federation of Cancer Campaign Centers. French Dermatology Society. Update of theS Negrier
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:10S3-10S85. 2005
- A phase II study with 5-fluorouracil, folinic acid and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX-4 regimen) in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaJ Bennouna
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
Oncology 64:25-7. 2003..To investigate the efficacy and safety of the FOLFOX-4 regimen for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (MRCC)...
- Why don't cancer patients enter clinical trials? A reviewPatrick Castel
ONCORA, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 42:1744-8. 2006....
- Phase I study of daily irinotecan as a radiation sensitizer for locally advanced pancreatic cancerChristelle De la Fouchardiere
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Lyon Centre Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:409-13. 2010..The study aimed to determine the maximum tolerated dose of daily irinotecan given with concomitant radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas...
- Prognostic factors in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma: development of an international kidney cancer working groupRonald M Bukowski
Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio and Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:6310S-4S. 2004..This project is now under way...
- Randomized study of intravenous versus subcutaneous interleukin-2, and IFNalpha in patients with good prognosis metastatic renal cancerSylvie Negrier
Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Medical Oncology Department, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U 590 and Biostatistics Unit, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:5907-12. 2008..A French immunotherapy intergroup multicenter trial assessed the potential benefit of i.v. over s.c. administration of IL-2 in this combination...
- Phase-I study of Innacell gammadelta, an autologous cell-therapy product highly enriched in gamma9delta2 T lymphocytes, in combination with IL-2, in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaJaafar Bennouna
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes Saint Herblain, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1599-609. 2008....
- Diffuse medulla oblongata and pontine gliomas in childhood. A review of 37 casesChristian Carrie
Radiation Oncology Department, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Bull Cancer 91:E167-83. 2004..Relapses always occurred in the radiotherapy field. Medulla oblongata and pontine tumours would appear to have the worst outcome of all brain stem gliomas and should be separately analysed...
- [Cardiac metastases and colorectal cancer: a case study]Christelle De la Fouchardiere
Departement de cancerologie medicale, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:621-3. 2007..These metastatic lesions are uncommon and after a description of the index case we provide a review of the most recently published cases...
- Endobronchial metastases from colorectal adenocarcinomas: clinical and endoscopic characteristics and patient prognosisRomain Coriat
Oncology Department, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Oncology 73:395-400. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the clinical and bronchoscopic aspects of EBM from colorectal carcinomas and the prognosis of the patients...
- [Combination of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, cryotherapy and surgery in the treatment of unresectable colorectal liver metastases. Long-term results]F Mariani
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Tumori 89:107-8. 2003
- Irinotecan associated with cetuximab given every 2 weeks versus cetuximab weekly in metastatic colorectal cancerHind Mrabti
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Cancer Res Ther 5:272-6. 2009..The aim of the present study was to compare the efficacy and safety of weekly versus an every 2-week administration of cetuximab in association with irinotecan in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC)...
- Nonmetastatic renal-cell carcinoma: is it really possible to define rational guidelines for post-treatment follow-up?Olivier Rouviere
Department of Urinary, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:200-13. 2006..Recent advances in tumor biology have contributed to a better understanding of this cancer and have indicated that personalized follow-up regimens, based on tumor and host molecular characteristics, might be possible in the near future...
- Addition of bevacizumab to temsirolimus in kidney cancer patientsH Boyle
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Medical Oncology, Lyon, France
Case Rep Oncol 4:531-3. 2011..However, resistance occurs. We report here two cases of patients who benefited, both on disease control and side effects, from the addition of bevacizumab to temsirolimus, after progression on the mTOR inhibitor alone...
- Low serum albumin levels and liver metastasis are powerful prognostic markers for survival in patients with carcinomas of unknown primary sitePascal Seve
Department of Internal Medicine, Hotel Dieu, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Cancer 107:2698-705. 2006..The authors investigated how lymphopenia and low serum albumin levels correlate with the prognosis of patients with carcinoma of unknown primary (CUP)...
- Sorafenib in advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinomaBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 356:125-34. 2007..We conducted a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor of tumor-cell proliferation and angiogenesis, in patients with advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma...
- Phase I/II trial of temsirolimus combined with interferon alfa for advanced renal cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3958-64. 2007..A recommended dose and safety profile for the combination of temsirolimus and interferon alfa (IFN) were determined in patients with advanced RCC...
- Dacarbazine, cisplatin, and interferon-alfa-2b with or without interleukin-2 in metastatic melanoma: a randomized phase III trial (18951) of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Melanoma GroupUlrich Keilholz
Department of Medicine III, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:6747-55. 2005..This study was performed to determine whether interleukin-2 (IL-2) as a component of chemoimmunotherapy influences survival of patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Efficacy of sunitinib and sorafenib in metastatic papillary and chromophobe renal cell carcinomaToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:127-31. 2008..The activity of sunitinib and sorafenib in non-clear cell histologies has not been evaluated...