Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Cultured myf5 null and myoD null muscle precursor cells display distinct growth defectsD Montarras
Laboratoire de développement cellulaire URA 1947, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Biol Cell 92:565-72. 2000..That a null mutation in either gene reduces the proliferative potential of cultured myoblasts raises the possibility that Myf-5 and MyoD serve proliferation of muscle precursor cells...
- Direct isolation of satellite cells for skeletal muscle regenerationDidier Montarras
CNRS Unité de Recherche Associée 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, INSERM, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Science 309:2064-7. 2005..Such cells, grafted into muscles of mdx nu/nu mice, contributed both to fiber repair and to the muscle satellite cell compartment. Expansion of these cells in culture before engraftment reduced their regenerative capacity...
- Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4 myogenic derivatives of the embryonic mesenchymal cell line C3H10T1/2 exhibit the same adult muscle phenotypeF Aurade
Institut Pasteur, Department of Molecular Biology, Paris, France
Differentiation 55:185-92. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Cell density-dependent induction of endogenous myogenin (myf4) gene expression by Myf5C Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris Cedex 15, 75724, France
Dev Biol 240:574-84. 2001..Coculture of cells expressing wild-type Myf5 and Myf5/mt leads to reduced myogenin induction in Myf5/mt cells. We propose that at low cell density Myf5 inhibits induction of myogenin...
- Cell cycle-regulated expression of the muscle determination factor Myf5 in proliferating myoblastsC Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, 75724 Paris Cedex 15
J Cell Biol 140:111-8. 1998..These results may be significant in view of the possible role of Myf5 in maintaining the determination of proliferating cells and in timing the onset of differentiation...
- Constitutive instability of muscle regulatory factor Myf5 is distinct from its mitosis-specific disappearance, which requires a D-box-like motif overlapping the basic domainC Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Cell Biol 20:8923-32. 2000..Finally, we find that induction of Myf5 perturbs the passage of cells through mitosis, suggesting that regulation of Myf5 levels at mitosis may influence cell cycle progression of Myf5-expressing muscle precursor cells...
- Autonomous differentiation in the mouse myogenic cell line, C2, involves a mutual positive control between insulin-like growth factor II and MyoD, operating as early as at the myoblast stageD Montarras
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 109:551-60. 1996..These experiments showing loss or gain of function argue in favor of a mutual positive control between IGFII and MyoD operating as early as the myoblast stage...
- Regulation of skeletal muscle stem cell behavior by Pax3 and Pax7M Lagha
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA2578, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 73:307-15. 2008..This and other aspects of Pax3/7 function in regulating the behavior of skeletal muscle stem cells are discussed...
- Developmental patterns in the expression of Myf5, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4 during myogenesisD Montarras
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, CNRS, Paris, France
New Biol 3:592-600. 1991..Temporal and phenotypic differences related to the expression of Myf5, MyoD, Myogenin, and MRF4 suggest that these factors fulfil distinct roles in the control of myogenesis...
- Mapping, cloning, cDNA sequence, and expression of the gene encoding the mouse micromolar calpain large subunitC Poirier
, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mamm Genome 9:388-9. 1998
- Overexpressed BCL6 (LAZ3) oncoprotein triggers apoptosis, delays S phase progression and associates with replication fociO Albagli
INSERM U524, IRCL, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille, France
Oncogene 18:5063-75. 1999..That BCL6 restricts cell growth suggests that its deregulation upon structural alterations may alleviate negative controls on the cell cycle and cell survival...
- Novel isoforms of the fragile X related protein FXR1P are expressed during myogenesisE W Khandjian
Unite de Recherche en Genetique Humaine et Moleculaire, Pavillon Saint François d Assise du CHUQ, Département de Biologie médicale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 7:2121-8. 1998....
- Transforming growth factor-beta inhibition of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-5 synthesis in skeletal muscle cells involves a c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent pathwayS Rousse
INSERM U515, , 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Biol Chem 276:46961-7. 2001..Thus, TGF-beta-mediated IGFBP-5 inhibition is independent of Smads and requires activation of the JNK signaling pathway...
- Expression of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase gene during in vivo and in vitro mouse myogenesisA Laurent
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Faculté de Pharmacie Paris V René Descartes, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 43:881-8. 1997..Results show that DMPK gene expression is upregulated at a late stage of muscular development. This upregulation does not seem to depend on a given muscle specific bHLH factor...
- Unambiguous identification of implanted cells after cellular cardiomyoplasty: a critical issueN Borenstein
Circulation 109:e209-10; author reply e209-10. 2004
- Murine muscle-specific enolase: cDNA cloning, sequence, and developmental expressionN Lamande
Laboratoire de Biochimie Cellulaire, College de France, Paris
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:4445-9. 1989....
- Expression and functional characteristics of calpain 3 isoforms generated through tissue-specific transcriptional and posttranscriptional eventsM Herasse
Genethon, CNRS URA 1922, 91000 Evry, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:4047-55. 1999..These results are likely to impact our understanding of the pathophysiology of calpainopathies and the development of therapeutic strategies...