Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Cultured myf5 null and myoD null muscle precursor cells display distinct growth defectsD Montarras
Laboratoire de développement cellulaire URA 1947, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Biol Cell 92:565-72. 2000..That a null mutation in either gene reduces the proliferative potential of cultured myoblasts raises the possibility that Myf-5 and MyoD serve proliferation of muscle precursor cells...
- Direct isolation of satellite cells for skeletal muscle regenerationDidier Montarras
CNRS Unité de Recherche Associée 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, INSERM, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Science 309:2064-7. 2005..Such cells, grafted into muscles of mdx nu/nu mice, contributed both to fiber repair and to the muscle satellite cell compartment. Expansion of these cells in culture before engraftment reduced their regenerative capacity...
- Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4 myogenic derivatives of the embryonic mesenchymal cell line C3H10T1/2 exhibit the same adult muscle phenotypeF Aurade
Institut Pasteur, Department of Molecular Biology, Paris, France
Differentiation 55:185-92. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Cell density-dependent induction of endogenous myogenin (myf4) gene expression by Myf5C Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris Cedex 15, 75724, France
Dev Biol 240:574-84. 2001..Coculture of cells expressing wild-type Myf5 and Myf5/mt leads to reduced myogenin induction in Myf5/mt cells. We propose that at low cell density Myf5 inhibits induction of myogenin...
- Cell cycle-regulated expression of the muscle determination factor Myf5 in proliferating myoblastsC Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, 75724 Paris Cedex 15
J Cell Biol 140:111-8. 1998..These results may be significant in view of the possible role of Myf5 in maintaining the determination of proliferating cells and in timing the onset of differentiation...
- Constitutive instability of muscle regulatory factor Myf5 is distinct from its mitosis-specific disappearance, which requires a D-box-like motif overlapping the basic domainC Lindon
Groupe de Développement Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Cell Biol 20:8923-32. 2000..Finally, we find that induction of Myf5 perturbs the passage of cells through mitosis, suggesting that regulation of Myf5 levels at mitosis may influence cell cycle progression of Myf5-expressing muscle precursor cells...
- Autonomous differentiation in the mouse myogenic cell line, C2, involves a mutual positive control between insulin-like growth factor II and MyoD, operating as early as at the myoblast stageD Montarras
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 109:551-60. 1996..These experiments showing loss or gain of function argue in favor of a mutual positive control between IGFII and MyoD operating as early as the myoblast stage...
- Regulation of skeletal muscle stem cell behavior by Pax3 and Pax7M Lagha
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA2578, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 73:307-15. 2008..This and other aspects of Pax3/7 function in regulating the behavior of skeletal muscle stem cells are discussed...
- Developmental patterns in the expression of Myf5, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4 during myogenesisD Montarras
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, CNRS, Paris, France
New Biol 3:592-600. 1991..Temporal and phenotypic differences related to the expression of Myf5, MyoD, Myogenin, and MRF4 suggest that these factors fulfil distinct roles in the control of myogenesis...
- Mapping, cloning, cDNA sequence, and expression of the gene encoding the mouse micromolar calpain large subunitC Poirier
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mamm Genome 9:388-9. 1998
- Overexpressed BCL6 (LAZ3) oncoprotein triggers apoptosis, delays S phase progression and associates with replication fociO Albagli
INSERM U524, IRCL, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille, France
Oncogene 18:5063-75. 1999..That BCL6 restricts cell growth suggests that its deregulation upon structural alterations may alleviate negative controls on the cell cycle and cell survival...
- Novel isoforms of the fragile X related protein FXR1P are expressed during myogenesisE W Khandjian
Unite de Recherche en Genetique Humaine et Moleculaire, Pavillon Saint François d Assise du CHUQ, Département de Biologie médicale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 7:2121-8. 1998....
- Transforming growth factor-beta inhibition of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-5 synthesis in skeletal muscle cells involves a c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent pathwayS Rousse
INSERM U515, , 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Biol Chem 276:46961-7. 2001..Thus, TGF-beta-mediated IGFBP-5 inhibition is independent of Smads and requires activation of the JNK signaling pathway...
- Expression of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase gene during in vivo and in vitro mouse myogenesisA Laurent
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Faculté de Pharmacie Paris V René Descartes, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 43:881-8. 1997..Results show that DMPK gene expression is upregulated at a late stage of muscular development. This upregulation does not seem to depend on a given muscle specific bHLH factor...
- Unambiguous identification of implanted cells after cellular cardiomyoplasty: a critical issueN Borenstein
Circulation 109:e209-10; author reply e209-10. 2004
- Murine muscle-specific enolase: cDNA cloning, sequence, and developmental expressionN Lamande
Laboratoire de Biochimie Cellulaire, College de France, Paris
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:4445-9. 1989....
- Expression and functional characteristics of calpain 3 isoforms generated through tissue-specific transcriptional and posttranscriptional eventsM Herasse
Genethon, CNRS URA 1922, 91000 Evry, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:4047-55. 1999..These results are likely to impact our understanding of the pathophysiology of calpainopathies and the development of therapeutic strategies...