Franco D Menozzi
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur de Lille
- Interaction of human Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein with Bordetella pertussis toxinFranco D Menozzi
Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM U447, Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Pathogénie Microbienne, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Microbiology 148:1193-201. 2002..These observations suggest that besides its anti-adherence activity, THP may also trap toxins produced by pathogenic bacteria that colonize mucosal surfaces...
- Enhanced bacterial virulence through exploitation of host glycosaminoglycansFranco D Menozzi
INSERM IPL U 447, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Mol Microbiol 43:1379-86. 2002..The exploitation of PGs by pathogenic bacteria is thus a multifaceted mechanistic process directly related to the potential virulence of a number of microorganisms...
- Genetic exchange of the S2 and S3 subunits in pertussis toxinDominique Raze
INSERM U629, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Microbiol 60:1241-50. 2006..These toxin analogues constitute thus interesting probes for the study of cellular functions, in particular immune cell functions, for which natural PTX has already shown its usefulness...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis heparin-binding haemagglutinin adhesin (HBHA) triggers receptor-mediated transcytosis without altering the integrity of tight junctionsFranco D Menozzi
INSERM, U629, Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Pathogénie Microbienne, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, rue du Professeur Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Microbes Infect 8:1-9. 2006..tuberculosis...
- Characterization of a Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii high molecular weight secreted killer toxin with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activityCyril Guyard
Département de Microbiologie des Ecosystèmes, IFR17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:961-71. 2002..These findings indicate that WmKT is a novel killer toxin whose molecular characterization may lead to the development of new wide-spectrum antimicrobial compounds...
- Cloning and characterization of WMSU1, a Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii gene encoding a new yeast SUN protein involved in the cell wall structureCyril Guyard
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
Yeast 19:1127-38. 2002..Scanning electron microscopy analysis of a recombinant S. cerevisiae producing Wmsu1p showed that this strain exhibited an altered cell wall, thus pointing to a probable role of this protein in the cell wall structure...
- Involvement of [beta]-glucans in the wide-spectrum antimicrobial activity of Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii MUCL 41968 killer toxinCyril Guyard
Mol Med 8:686-94. 2002..Moreover, they indicate that WmKT acts on sensitive yeast cells through a hydrolytic activity directed against cell wall beta-glucans that disrupts the yeast cell wall integrity leading to death...
- Ethambutol-induced alterations in Mycobacterium bovis BCG imaged by atomic force microscopyClaire Verbelen
, , Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Lett 264:192-7. 2006..These noninvasive ultrastructural investigations provide novel information on the macromolecular architecture of the mycobacterial envelope as well as into the destructuring effects of ethambutol...
- Enzymatic methylation of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis heparin-binding haemagglutininHélène Host
INSERM U629, Lille, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 268:144-50. 2007..Using recombinant hybrid molecules as acceptor substrates, it was found that the N-terminal domain of HBHA is not required for recognition by the HBHA-methyltransferase(s), although it is required for in vivo methylation...