Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur de Lille
- A possible role for the PPARG Pro12Ala polymorphism in preterm birthAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Diabetes 56:494-8. 2007..In conclusion, the PPARG Pro12Ala polymorphism might represent a genetic susceptibility factor for preterm birth and constitute a link between preterm birth and metabolic diseases later in life...
- Association between the T-381C polymorphism of the brain natriuretic peptide gene and risk of type 2 diabetes in human populationsAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U744, Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, Universite de Lille 2, UMR 5744, Lille, France
Hum Mol Genet 16:1343-50. 2007..015, n = 634) and higher BNP promoter activity in reporter gene assays. Collectively, these data suggest that relatively high BNP expression may protect against type 2 diabetes in humans...
- Association between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma haplotypes and the metabolic syndrome in French men and womenAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Diabetes 54:3043-8. 2005..In conclusion, a specific haplotype of PPARgamma polymorphisms is associated with an increased risk of the metabolic syndrome in a French general population...
- Lack of association between certain candidate gene polymorphisms and the metabolic syndromeAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Genet Metab 86:293-9. 2005..In conclusion, this study suggests that among a large sample of French men and women, the above named SNPs in UCP3, FATP1, TNF-alpha, LEP, and GNB3 genes are not major contributors to the MS risk...
- Study of a new PPARgamma2 promoter polymorphism and haplotype analysis in a French populationAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, Lille cedex F 59019, France
Mol Genet Metab 85:140-8. 2005..The P3 -681C>G, P2 -689C>T, and Pro12Ala polymorphisms and related haplotypes were associated with higher body weight and plasma LDL-cholesterol concentrations...
- Impact of genetic variation of PPARgamma in humansAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM U508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Genet Metab 83:93-102. 2004..This review details and discusses results obtained for PPARgamma variants, whose effects sometimes appear discordant...
- Study of the impact of perilipin polymorphisms in a French populationAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
J Negat Results Biomed 5:10. 2006....
- Suggestive evidence of associations between liver X receptor β polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity in three cohort studies: HUNT2 (Norway), MONICA (France) and HELENA (Europe)Karianne Solaas
Department of Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, Oslo, Norway
BMC Med Genet 11:144. 2010..We aimed to assess the associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in LXRβ and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), obesity and related traits in 3 separate cohort studies...
- A study of the relationships between KLF2 polymorphisms and body weight control in a French populationAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 7:26. 2006..In this study, we sequenced the human KLF2 gene and several common polymorphisms were found, among them the Pro104Leu and 3'UTR 1239C>A polymorphisms...
- The APOA5 Trp19 allele is associated with metabolic syndrome via its association with plasma triglyceridesJean Dallongeville
Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM, U744, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 9:84. 2008..The goal of the present study was to assess the effect of genetic variability at the APOA5/A4/C3/A1 cluster locus on the risk of metabolic syndrome...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphism of CD36 locus and obesity in European adolescentsSzilvia Bokor
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM, U744, Universite Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1398-403. 2010..03) and BMI (P = 0.04)) in the validation study. Our data suggest that genetic variability at the CD36 gene locus could be associated with body weight variability in European adolescents but these findings require replication...
- Common polymorphisms in six genes of the methyl group metabolism pathway and obesity in European adolescentsSzilvia Bokor
Service d Epidémiologie et Santé Publique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:e336-44. 2011..The goal of the present study was to assess the relationship between the genetic variability in six genes of methyl group (CH(3)) metabolism and the risk of obesity...
- Effect of an FTO polymorphism on fat mass, obesity, and type 2 diabetes mellitus in the French MONICA StudyVanessa Legry
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
Metabolism 58:971-5. 2009..In conclusion, the role of the A allele of the FTO rs9939609 polymorphism on the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus was confirmed in the French MONICA Study...
- Study of the genetic variability of ZAC1 (PLAGL1) in French population-based samplesLouisa Goumidi
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
J Hypertens 27:314-21. 2009..We wanted to assess whether the genetic variability of the ZAC1 gene was associated with anthropometric (weight, BMI, waist-to-hip ratio) or biochemical (plasma lipid, insulin, glucose levels, blood pressure level) phenotypes...
- Associations between common genetic polymorphisms in the liver X receptor alpha and its target genes with the serum HDL-cholesterol concentration in adolescents of the HELENA StudyVanessa Legry
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Atherosclerosis 216:166-9. 2011..Genetic variability in the NR1H3 gene (encoding LXRα) and in several of its target genes is associated with serum HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) concentrations. We sought to assess if these associations could be detected in adolescents...
- Impact of APOE gene polymorphisms on the lipid profile in an Algerian populationHoussam Boulenouar
INSERM, U744 Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Lipids Health Dis 12:155. 2013..This study assessed, for the fist time, the relationships between three APOE polymorphisms (epsilon, rs439401, rs4420638) and plasma lipid concentrations in a general population sample from Algeria...
- Associations between common genetic polymorphisms in angiopoietin-like proteins 3 and 4 and lipid metabolism and adiposity in European adolescents and adultsVanessa Legry
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, F 59019 Lille cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:5070-7. 2009....
- A functional polymorphism in a STAT5B site of the human PPAR gamma 3 gene promoter affects height and lipid metabolism in a French populationAline Meirhaeghe
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, INSERM U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:289-94. 2003..In the present study, we looked for genetic variation in the PPARgamma3 promoter...
- The APOA4 Thr347->Ser347 polymorphism is not a major risk factor of obesityJean Dallongeville
INSERM U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Obes Res 13:2132-8. 2005..The goal of this study was to assess the association between the APOA4 Thr(347)-->Ser(347) polymorphism and BMI and obesity...
- The Gly16-->Arg16 and Gln27-->Glu27 polymorphisms of beta2-adrenergic receptor are associated with metabolic syndrome in menJean Dallongeville
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4862-6. 2003..In conclusion, these data suggest that the Arg(16) and Gln(27) variants of the beta(2)-adrenergic receptor gene contribute to metabolic syndrome susceptibility in men...
- FADS1 genetic variability interacts with dietary α-linolenic acid intake to affect serum non-HDL-cholesterol concentrations in European adolescentsJulie Dumont
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille 59000, France
J Nutr 141:1247-53. 2011..01). These results suggest that dietary ALA intake modulates the association between FADS1 rs174546 and serum total and non-HDL-cholesterol concentrations at a young age...
- Study of estrogen receptor-α and receptor-β gene polymorphisms on Alzheimer's diseaseLouisa Goumidi
INSERM, U744 Institut Pasteur de Lille Univ Lille Nord de France UDSL, Lille, France
J Alzheimers Dis 26:431-9. 2011..Our results reinforce the notion that SNPs in the ESR1 or ESR2 genes do not seem to play a major role in the genetic susceptibility of AD...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the FADS gene cluster are associated with delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase activities estimated by serum fatty acid ratiosSzilvia Bokor
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, 59019 Lille, France
J Lipid Res 51:2325-33. 2010..These results suggest that rare alleles of several SNPs in the FADS gene cluster are associated with higher D6D activity and lower D5D activity in European adolescents...
- Polymorphisms in the CD36/FAT gene are associated with plasma vitamin E concentrations in humansSophie Lecompte
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Am J Clin Nutr 93:644-51. 2011..CD36 (cluster of differentiation 36), a class B scavenger receptor, might be involved in tissue vitamin E uptake and thus would influence blood vitamin E concentrations...
- Genetic and molecular insights into the role of PROX1 in glucose metabolismSophie Lecompte
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Diabetes 62:1738-45. 2013..All together, we propose that reduced expression of PROX1 by cis-regulatory variants results in altered β-cell insulin secretion and thereby confers susceptibility to type 2 diabetes...
- Breast-feeding modulates the influence of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARG2) Pro12Ala polymorphism on adiposity in adolescents: The Healthy Lifestyle in Europe by Nutrition in Adolescence (HELENA) cross-sectional studyCaroline Verier
INSERM, U995, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 114, Faculte de Medecine, Université Droit et Santé de Lille, Lille, France
Diabetes Care 33:190-6. 2010..The objectives of this study were to assess 1) the influence of the PPARG2 Pro12Ala polymorphism on adiposity markers in adolescents and 2) a possible modulating effect of breast-feeding on these associations...
- Association between a thyroid hormone receptor-α gene polymorphism and blood pressure but not with coronary heart disease riskLouisa Goumidi
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Am J Hypertens 24:1027-34. 2011..We thus tested whether polymorphisms in TR-α (THRA gene) could be associated with BP level variation. Secondarily, we tested for association with coronary heart disease (CHD) risk...
- Study of thyroid hormone receptor alpha gene polymorphisms on Alzheimer's diseaseLouisa Goumidi
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
Neurobiol Aging 32:624-30. 2011..19 [0.97-1.45], p=0.10). The relationship between the genetic variability of the THRA gene and AD risk remains uncertain but cannot be entirely excluded...
- Effects of established BMI-associated loci on obesity-related traits in a French representative population sampleLouisa Goumidi
INSERM, U744 Institut Pasteur de Lille Université Lille Nord de France, 1 rue du Pr, Calmette, BP 245, Lille cedex F 59019, France
BMC Genet 15:62. 2014..Genetic variants were considered both individually and combined into a genetic predisposition score (GPS)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma polymorphisms and coronary heart diseaseJean Dallongeville
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille INSERM, U744, Lille Université Nord de France, Lille UDSL, 59019 Lille, France
PPAR Res 2009:543746. 2009..67], P = .06) that became significant when considering men only (OR = 1.73 [1.20-2.48], P = .003). In conclusion, the PPARG Ala12Ala genotype might be associated with a higher CHD risk in men but further confirmation studies are needed...