Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Pro-invasive activity of the Hippo pathway effectors YAP and TAZ in cutaneous melanomaFlore Nallet-Staub
1 Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, Orsay, France 2 INSERM U1021, Orsay, France 3 CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
J Invest Dermatol 134:123-32. 2014..Together, these results demonstrate that both YAP and TAZ contribute to the invasive and metastatic capacity of melanoma cells and may represent worthy targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Insights into the Transforming Growth Factor-β Signaling Pathway in Cutaneous MelanomaCarole Yolande Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, Orsay, France INSERM U1021 Orsay, France CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
Ann Dermatol 25:135-44. 2013..This review summarizes the current knowledge on the implication of TGF-β signaling in melanoma...
- Integrating developmental signals: a Hippo in the (path)wayA Mauviel
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Orsay, France
Oncogene 31:1743-56. 2012..This review highlights some of the recent findings in the Hippo field with an emphasis on how the Hippo pathway is integrated with other pathways to mediate diverse processes...
- Expression of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF), which is critical for melanoma progression, is inhibited by both transcription factor GLI2 and transforming growth factor-βMarie Jeanne Pierrat
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, INSERM U1021, CNRS UMR3347, and Université Paris XI, 91400 Orsay, France
J Biol Chem 287:17996-8004. 2012..Increased GLI2 binding to its cognate cis-element, associated with reduced CREB-dependent transcription, allowed maximal inhibition of the M-MITF promoter via two distinct mechanisms...
- GLI2 cooperates with ZEB1 for transcriptional repression of CDH1 expression in human melanoma cellsCarole Y Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Orsay, France INSERM U1021, Orsay, France CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:861-73. 2013..These data identify GLI2 as a critical modulator of the cadherin switch in melanoma, a molecular process that is critical for metastatic spread of the disease. ..
- GLI2 and M-MITF transcription factors control exclusive gene expression programs and inversely regulate invasion in human melanoma cellsDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Orsay, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 24:932-43. 2011..These findings thus identify GLI2 as a critical transcription factor antagonizing M-MITF function to promote melanoma cell phenotypic plasticity and invasive behavior...
- TGF-β/SMAD/GLI2 signaling axis in cancer progression and metastasisDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, France
Cancer Res 71:5606-10. 2011..This short review summarizes recent knowledge about GLI2 function and mechanisms of action downstream of TGF-β in cancer...
- Efficient TGF-β/SMAD signaling in human melanoma cells associated with high c-SKI/SnoN expressionDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, University Center, Building 110, Orsay, France
Mol Cancer 10:2. 2011..TGF-β, on the other hand, induces rapid, proteasome-mediated, degradation of both proteins. How elevated SKI and SnoN protein levels co-exist with active autocrine TGF-β signaling in cancer cells is yet to be understood...
- Crosstalk between TGF-β and hedgehog signaling in cancerDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, 91400 Orsay, France
FEBS Lett 586:2016-25. 2012..We herein review the current knowledge on HH signaling and summarize the recent findings on the crosstalks between the HH and TGF-β pathways in cancer...
- GLI2-mediated melanoma invasion and metastasisVasileia Ismini Alexaki
Curie Institute, INSERM U1021 CNRS UMR3347, University Center, Orsay Cedex, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1148-59. 2010..Recently, we identified GLI2, a mediator of the hedgehog pathway, as a transcriptional target of TGF-beta signaling...
- Overlapping activities of TGF-β and Hedgehog signaling in cancer: therapeutic targets for cancer treatmentCarole Y Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, 91400, Orsay, France INSERM U1021, 91400, Orsay, France
Pharmacol Ther 137:183-99. 2013....
- Systematic classification of melanoma cells by phenotype-specific gene expression mappingDaniel S Widmer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25:343-53. 2012..These findings reinforce the concept that a two-state system, as described by the phenotype switching model, underlies melanoma progression...
- Halofuginone inhibits the establishment and progression of melanoma bone metastasesPatricia Juarez
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Walther Hall, C132 980 W Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cancer Res 72:6247-56. 2012..Moreover, halofuginone treatment reduced melanoma metastasis to the brain, showing the potential of this novel treatment against cancer metastasis...