Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Insights into the Transforming Growth Factor-β Signaling Pathway in Cutaneous MelanomaCarole Yolande Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, Orsay, France INSERM U1021 Orsay, France CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
Ann Dermatol 25:135-44. 2013..This review summarizes the current knowledge on the implication of TGF-β signaling in melanoma...
- Integrating developmental signals: a Hippo in the (path)wayA Mauviel
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Orsay, France
Oncogene 31:1743-56. 2012..This review highlights some of the recent findings in the Hippo field with an emphasis on how the Hippo pathway is integrated with other pathways to mediate diverse processes...
- GLI2 cooperates with ZEB1 for transcriptional repression of CDH1 expression in human melanoma cellsCarole Y Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Orsay, France INSERM U1021, Orsay, France CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:861-73. 2013..These data identify GLI2 as a critical modulator of the cadherin switch in melanoma, a molecular process that is critical for metastatic spread of the disease. ..
- Expression of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF), which is critical for melanoma progression, is inhibited by both transcription factor GLI2 and transforming growth factor-βMarie Jeanne Pierrat
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, INSERM U1021, CNRS UMR3347, and Université Paris XI, 91400 Orsay, France
J Biol Chem 287:17996-8004. 2012..Increased GLI2 binding to its cognate cis-element, associated with reduced CREB-dependent transcription, allowed maximal inhibition of the M-MITF promoter via two distinct mechanisms...
- GLI2 and M-MITF transcription factors control exclusive gene expression programs and inversely regulate invasion in human melanoma cellsDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Orsay, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 24:932-43. 2011..These findings thus identify GLI2 as a critical transcription factor antagonizing M-MITF function to promote melanoma cell phenotypic plasticity and invasive behavior...
- TGF-β/SMAD/GLI2 signaling axis in cancer progression and metastasisDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, France
Cancer Res 71:5606-10. 2011..This short review summarizes recent knowledge about GLI2 function and mechanisms of action downstream of TGF-β in cancer...
- Pro-invasive activity of the Hippo pathway effectors YAP and TAZ in cutaneous melanomaFlore Nallet-Staub
1 Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, Orsay, France 2 INSERM U1021, Orsay, France 3 CNRS UMR 3347, Orsay, France
J Invest Dermatol 134:123-32. 2014..Together, these results demonstrate that both YAP and TAZ contribute to the invasive and metastatic capacity of melanoma cells and may represent worthy targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Crosstalk between TGF-β and hedgehog signaling in cancerDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, 91400 Orsay, France
FEBS Lett 586:2016-25. 2012..We herein review the current knowledge on HH signaling and summarize the recent findings on the crosstalks between the HH and TGF-β pathways in cancer...
- Cell density sensing alters TGF-β signaling in a cell-type-specific manner, independent from Hippo pathway activationFlore Nallet-Staub
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, 91400 Orsay, France INSERM U1021, 91400 Orsay, France CNRS UMR 3347, 91400 Orsay, France Université Paris XI, 91400 Orsay, France
Dev Cell 32:640-51. 2015....
- GLI2-mediated melanoma invasion and metastasisVasileia Ismini Alexaki
Curie Institute, INSERM U1021 CNRS UMR3347, University Center, Orsay Cedex, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1148-59. 2010..Recently, we identified GLI2, a mediator of the hedgehog pathway, as a transcriptional target of TGF-beta signaling...
- Efficient TGF-β/SMAD signaling in human melanoma cells associated with high c-SKI/SnoN expressionDelphine Javelaud
Institut Curie, University Center, Building 110, Orsay, France
Mol Cancer 10:2. 2011..TGF-β, on the other hand, induces rapid, proteasome-mediated, degradation of both proteins. How elevated SKI and SnoN protein levels co-exist with active autocrine TGF-β signaling in cancer cells is yet to be understood...
- Overlapping activities of TGF-β and Hedgehog signaling in cancer: therapeutic targets for cancer treatmentCarole Y Perrot
Institut Curie, Team TGF β and Oncogenesis, 91400, Orsay, France INSERM U1021, 91400, Orsay, France
Pharmacol Ther 137:183-99. 2013....
- Systematic classification of melanoma cells by phenotype-specific gene expression mappingDaniel S Widmer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25:343-53. 2012..These findings reinforce the concept that a two-state system, as described by the phenotype switching model, underlies melanoma progression...
- Halofuginone inhibits the establishment and progression of melanoma bone metastasesPatricia Juarez
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Walther Hall, C132 980 W Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cancer Res 72:6247-56. 2012..Moreover, halofuginone treatment reduced melanoma metastasis to the brain, showing the potential of this novel treatment against cancer metastasis...