Location: Montpellier, France
- Genetic analysis of geraniol metabolism during fermentationDamien Steyer
INRA, UMR1131, F 68021 Colmar, France
Food Microbiol 33:228-34. 2013..Moreover lab strain over-expressing OYE2 allows 87% geraniol to citronellol reduction in bioconversion experiment compared to about 50% conversion with control strain...
- QTL mapping of the production of wine aroma compounds by yeastDamien Steyer
INRA, UMR1131, Colmar F 68021, France
BMC Genomics 13:573. 2012....
- Role of social wasps in Saccharomyces cerevisiae ecology and evolutionIrene Stefanini
Dipartimento di Farmacologia, University of Florence, 50139, Florence, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13398-403. 2012....
- Ecological success of a group of Saccharomyces cerevisiae/Saccharomyces kudriavzevii hybrids in the northern european wine-making environmentC Erny
Universite de Haute Alsace, Laboratoire Vigne Biotechnologies et Environnement, Colmar, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:3256-65. 2012..These findings reflect the specific adaptations made by S. cerevisiae/S. kudriavzevii cryophilic hybrids to winery environments in cool climates...
- Deciphering the hybridisation history leading to the Lager lineage based on the mosaic genomes of Saccharomyces bayanus strains NBRC1948 and CBS380Huu Vang Nguyen
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25821. 2011..Phylogenies established with selected cerevisiae and non-cerevisiae genes allowed us to decipher the complex hybridisation events linking S. lagerae/S. uvarum/S. cerevisiae with their hybrid species, S. bayanus/pastorianus...
- Amplification of a Zygosaccharomyces bailii DNA segment in wine yeast genomes by extrachromosomal circular DNA formationVirginie Galeote
INRA, UMR1083 Sciences Pour l Œnologie, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17872. 2011..This is the first report of a circle-based mechanism for the expansion of a DNA segment, mediated by nonhomologous recombination, in natural yeast populations...
- Bread, beer and wine: yeast domestication in the Saccharomyces sensu stricto complexDelphine Sicard
Universite Paris Sud, UMR 0320 UMR 8120 Genetique Vegetale, Gif sur Yvette, France
C R Biol 334:229-36. 2011..Although the evolutionary history of wine yeast populations has been well described, the histories of other domesticated yeasts need further investigation...
- Activation of two different resistance mechanisms in Saccharomyces cerevisiae upon exposure to octanoic and decanoic acidsJ L Legras
UMR 1083 Sciences pour l Oenologie INRA, SupAgro, Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7526-35. 2010..These results are confirmed by the sensitivity of strains bearing deletions for the transcription factors encoded by PDR1, STB5, OAF1, and PIP2 genes...
- Eukaryote-to-eukaryote gene transfer events revealed by the genome sequence of the wine yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae EC1118Maite Novo
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1083 Sciences Pour l Oenologie, F 34060 Montpellier, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16333-8. 2009..Our results suggest that these processes are favored by ecologic proximity and are involved in the molecular adaptation of wine yeasts to conditions of high sugar, low nitrogen, and high ethanol concentrations...
- French Jura flor yeasts: genotype and technological diversityClaudine Charpentier
IUVV, Universite de Bourgogne, Rue Claude Ladrey, Dijon, France
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 95:263-73. 2009....
- Genetic analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains isolated from palm wine in eastern Nigeria. Comparison with other African strainsO U Ezeronye
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Nigeria
J Appl Microbiol 106:1569-78. 2009..To study the yeast diversity of Nigerian palm wines by comparison with other African strains...
- Bread, beer and wine: Saccharomyces cerevisiae diversity reflects human historyJean Luc Legras
INRA ULP, UMR Santé de la Vigne et Qualité du Vin, 28 rue de Herrlisheim, BP 20507, 68021 Colmar Cedex, France
Mol Ecol 16:2091-102. 2007..As our results suggest intimate association between man and wine yeast across centuries, we hypothesize that yeast followed man and vine migrations as a commensal member of grapevine flora...
- Characterization of natural hybrids of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Saccharomyces bayanus var. uvarumChristine Le Jeune
Laboratoire Vigne Biotechnologie et Environnement, Universite de Haute Alsace, Herrlisheim, Colmar, France
FEMS Yeast Res 7:540-9. 2007..cerevisiaexS. bayanus var. uvarum diploid hybrids. Moreover, microsatellite DNA analysis identified strains isolated in the same cellar as potential parents belonging to S. bayanus var. uvarum and S. cerevisiae...
- Application of Multi Locus Sequence Typing to the analysis of the biodiversity of indigenous Saccharomyces cerevisiae wine yeasts from LebanonM J Ayoub
Collection de Levures d Intérêt Biotechnologique, UMR INA PG INRA CNRS Microbiologie Génétique Moléculaire, INA PG, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Appl Microbiol 100:699-711. 2006..This method was compared with established ones like microsatellite analysis or amplification of genomic regions flanked by repeated (delta) elements...
- Selection of hypervariable microsatellite loci for the characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae strainsJean Luc Legras
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, Unité Mixte de Recherche Vigne et Vins d Alsace, 28 rue de Herrlisheim, BP 507, 68021 Colmar Cedex, France
Int J Food Microbiol 102:73-83. 2005..These polymorphic loci can easily be used for PCR profiling of S. cerevisiae strains during fermentation...
- Predominance of Saccharomyces uvarum during spontaneous alcoholic fermentation, for three consecutive years, in an Alsatian wineryC Demuyter
Laboratoire Vigne Biotechnologie et Environnement de l Université de Haute Alsace, Colmar, France
J Appl Microbiol 97:1140-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the origin of the yeasts involved in the spontaneous alcoholic fermentation of an Alsatian wine...
- Optimisation of interdelta analysis for Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain characterisationJean Luc Legras
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, Unité Mixte de Recherche Vigne et Vins d Alsace, Colmar, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 221:249-55. 2003..The analysis of 53 commercial and laboratory Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast strains showed a clear improvement of interdelta analysis using the newly designed primers...
- Purification and properties of the beta-glucosidase from a nitrile hydratase-producing Brevibacterium sp. strain R312J L Legras
Chaire de Génétique et Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique, Montpellier, France
J Basic Microbiol 29:655-69. 1989..The pI is 5.5. This enzyme has a strong affinity for aryl-beta-glycosides:pNPG, prunassine; it could also degrade linamarine. It is inhibited by p-chloromercuribenzoate, delta-gluconolactone and glucose...