Cécile Le Péchoux
Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in small cell lung cancerCécile Le Péchoux
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif 94805, France
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 18:355-72. 2004
- Clinical neurological outcome and quality of life among patients with limited small-cell cancer treated with two different doses of prophylactic cranial irradiation in the intergroup phase III trial (PCI99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212 and IFCT 99-01)C Le Pechoux
Radiation Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 22:1154-63. 2011..As concerns about neurotoxicity were a major issue surrounding PCI, we report here midterm and long-term repeated evaluation of neurocognitive functions and quality of life (QoL)...
- Role of postoperative radiotherapy in resected non-small cell lung cancer: a reassessment based on new dataCécile Le Péchoux
Institut Gustave Roussy, Radiotherapy Department, Villejuif 94800, France
Oncologist 16:672-81. 2011..A new large multi-institutional randomized trial evaluating PORT in this patient population is needed and now under way...
- Standard-dose versus higher-dose prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer in complete remission after chemotherapy and thoracic radiotherapy (PCI 99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212, and IFCT 99-01): a rCécile Le Péchoux
Radiotherapy Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 10:467-74. 2009..A meta-analysis suggested that the incidence of brain metastases might be reduced with higher PCI doses. This randomised clinical trial compared the effect of standard versus higher PCI doses on the incidence of brain metastases...
- [Small cell lung cancer (CPC). Management of patients presenting with limited stage small cell carcinoma of the lung]C Le Pechoux
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:16S188-16S197. 2006..In addition the potential role of targeted therapy in selected patients must be examined...
- [Lung cancer: is there a place for elective nodal irradiation?]C Le Pechoux
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 10:354-60. 2006..Further larger-scale studies would be needed to definitely establish "no elective nodal irradiation" as a standard in non-small cell lung cancer. There are very few data concerning small cell lung cancer...
- [Place and technical aspects of external beam radiation therapy in the treatment of adult soft tissue sarcomas]Cécile Le Péchoux
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 10:50-62. 2006..A randomized trial is warranted. Because of its rarity, and the risk of recurrence both local and metastatic, treatment should preferentially be discussed with a multimodality specialized approach...
- [Thoracic adenoid cystic carcinomas]C Le Pechoux
Service de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94000Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 9:358-61. 2005..Local or metastatic recurrences may occur very lately. They are considered chemo-resistant and targeted therapies may prove to be effective in the future...
- [Thymic tumors]C Le Pechoux
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94000 Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 9:351-7. 2005..In inoperable locally advanced, or metastatic thymic tumors, neoadjuvant cisplatin-based followed by surgery and radiotherapy has given interesting results in the past years...
- [Modalities of radiotherapy in small cell lung cancer: thoracic radiotherapy and prophylactic cerebral irradiation]C Le Pechoux
Departement de Radiotherapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif
Rev Pneumol Clin 60:3S91-103. 2004....
- Follow-up of hepatic and peritoneal metastases of gastrointestinal tumors (GIST) under Imatinib therapy requires different criteria of radiological evaluation (size is not everything!!!)Mylene Mabille
Department of Radiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Radiol 69:204-8. 2009..To define computed tomography (CT) criteria for evaluating the response of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) who are receiving Imatinib (tyrosine-kinase inhibitor therapy)...
- Meta-analysis of concomitant versus sequential radiochemotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancerAnne Auperin
Unit of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2181-90. 2010..The NSCLC Collaborative Group performed a meta-analysis of randomized trials directly comparing concomitant versus sequential radiochemotherapy...
- Feasibility of metronomic oral cyclophosphamide plus prednisolone in elderly patients with inoperable or metastatic soft tissue sarcomaOlivier Mir
Sarcoma Unit, Herault Ward, Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Université Paris 11, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 47:515-9. 2011..A sizeable population of elderly patients with STS is unfit for conventional doxorubicin- or ifosfamide-based chemotherapy. We assessed the feasibility of metronomic oral cyclophosphamide (CPM) in this population...
- [Management of recurrent soft tissue sarcoma of the retroperitoneum]Sylvie Bonvalot
Departement de Chirurgie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif
Bull Cancer 91:845-52. 2004..Adequate management at the time of primary presentation is likely to afford the best chance for long-term survival...
- Aggressive surgery in retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma carried out at high-volume centers is safe and is associated with improved local controlSylvie Bonvalot
Department of Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1507-14. 2010..We sought to assess morbidity and mortality in primary retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcomas (RSTS) treated by a frontline aggressive surgical approach...
- Radiotherapy in small-cell lung cancer: where should it go?Amaury Paumier
Institut Gustave Roussy, Radiation Oncology Department, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif 94800, France
Lung Cancer 69:133-40. 2010..Progress in thoracic radiotherapy can only be achieved by including patients in prospective studies...
- IMRT or conformal radiotherapy for adjuvant treatment of retroperitoneal sarcoma?Amaury Paumier
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 99:73-8. 2011....
- Hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion in locally advanced soft tissue sarcoma and progressive desmoid-type fibromatosis with TNF 1 mg and melphalan (T1-M HILP) is safe and efficientSylvie Bonvalot
Department of Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3350-7. 2009..The objective of the present study was to confirm these data on a larger sample size of locally advanced or recurrent extremity soft tissue sarcomas with low-dose TNF-alpha...
- Role of computed tomography in the follow-up of hepatic and peritoneal metastases of GIST under imatinib mesylate treatment: a prospective study of 54 patientsDaniel Vanel
Department of Radiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94800 Villejuif, France
Eur J Radiol 54:118-23. 2005..To prospectively analyze the evolution of hepatic and peritoneal unresectable metastases from gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) under imatinib mesylate, a new targeted treatment, which induces changes in lesion structure...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in lung cancerPierre Blanchard
Radiation Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 22:94-101. 2010..Prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) has been proposed in both small-cell lung cancers (SCLCs) and non-SCLCs to reduce the incidence of brain metastases and increase survival...
- Long-term results of the international adjuvant lung cancer trial evaluating adjuvant Cisplatin-based chemotherapy in resected lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif 94800, France
J Clin Oncol 28:35-42. 2010....
- Hyperfractionated or accelerated radiotherapy in lung cancer: an individual patient data meta-analysisAudrey Mauguen
Institut de Cance rologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2788-97. 2012..The Meta-Analysis of Radiotherapy in Lung Cancer Collaborative Group decided to address the role of modified radiotherapy fractionation...
- Small cell lung cancer: new clinical recommendations and current status of biomarker assessmentDavid Planchard
Medical Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 47:S272-83. 2011..Pursuing clinical trials at all stages constitutes a challenge for thoracic researchers and oncologists...