Jean Paul Lallès
Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Main intestinal markers associated with the changes in gut architecture and function in piglets after weaningLucile Montagne
Unité Mixte de Recherche Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humanine, INRA Agrocampus Rennes, Saint Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 97:45-57. 2007..These markers might be helpful to design suitable diets to limit posts-weaning gut disorders in pigs...
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase: multiple biological roles in maintenance of intestinal homeostasis and modulation by dietJean Paul Lallès
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1079 at Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine in Saint Gilles, France
Nutr Rev 68:323-32. 2010..g., inflammatory bowel diseases) in which the involvement of commensal bacteria is suspected and when intestinal AP is too low to detoxify a sufficient amount of bacterial lipopolysaccharide...
- Long term effects of pre- and early postnatal nutrition and environment on the gutJ P Lalles
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR1341 ADNC, Department of Nutrition and Digestive, Nervous and Behavioral Adaptations, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Anim Sci 90:421-9. 2012..Finally, suggestions for future research are provided in order to better understand and then control early programming as an attempt to optimize vital functions of the gastrointestinal tract throughout adult life...
- Perinatal undernutrition alters intestinal alkaline phosphatase and its main transcription factors KLF4 and Cdx1 in adult offspring fed a high-fat dietJean Paul Lallès
INRA, UMR1079, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35000 Rennes, France
J Nutr Biochem 23:1490-7. 2012..In conclusion, the adult intestine adapts to an HF diet differentially depending on early nutrition, jejunal AP and transcription factors being blunted in IUGR individuals fed HF...
- Intestinal barrier function is modulated by short-term exposure to fumonisin B₁ in Ussing chambersJean Paul Lallès
INRA UMR 1039, SENAH, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Vet Res Commun 33:1039-43. 2009..FB1 did not alter the jejunal absorptive and secretory physiology. In conclusion, 2h-exposure to FB1 tended to increase the trans- cellular permeability and increased para-cellular permeability of pig small intestine...
- A melon pulp concentrate rich in superoxide dismutase reduces stress proteins along the gastrointestinal tract of pigsJean Paul Lallès
INRA UMR 1079, SENAH, Rennes, France
Nutrition 27:358-63. 2011..A melon (Cucumis melo LC.) pulp concentrate (MPC) rich in superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity was tested for its ability to decrease stress protein expressions along the gastrointestinal tract in a swine model...
- Nutritional management of gut health in pigs around weaningJean Paul Lallès
INRA, UMR1079, Rearing Systems, Animal and Human Nutrition, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Proc Nutr Soc 66:260-8. 2007..Prebiotics and probiotics are clear nutritional options, while convincing evidence is still lacking for other bioactive substances of vegetable origin...
- High-viscosity carboxymethylcellulose reduces carbachol-stimulated intestinal chloride secretion in weaned piglets fed a diet based on skimmed milk powder and maltodextrinJean Paul Lallès
Unité Mixte de Recherche Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine SENAH, INRA Agrocampus Rennes, Domaine de la Prise, Saint Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 95:488-95. 2006..05) without effects on enzyme activities (P > 0.10). In conclusion, CMC supplementation had pro-absorptive effects on the small intestine, possibly due to the absence of pathogenic E. coli in the present study...
- Consumption of fumonisin B1 for 9 days induces stress proteins along the gastrointestinal tract of pigsJean Paul Lallès
INRA, UMR 1039, SENAH, Domaine de la Prise, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Toxicon 55:244-9. 2010..The data suggest that the colon is an important target for FB1-induced stress responses...
- Fasting and refeeding modulate the expression of stress proteins along the gastrointestinal tract of weaned pigsJ P Lalles
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Saint Gilles, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 95:478-88. 2011..Changes in digesta and intestinal mucosa weights and alkaline phosphatase activity may be involved in the modulation of stress proteins along the GIT...
- Phaseolin type and heat treatment influence the biochemistry of protein digestion in the rat intestineCarlos A Montoya
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR1079 SENAH, F 35590, Saint Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 99:531-9. 2008..These differences were affected by the origin of the phaseolin subunit precursor. Heat treatment enhanced phaseolin digestion...
- Intestinal physiology and peptidase activity in male pigs are modulated by consumption of corn culture extracts containing fumonisinsMartin Lessard
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Unité Mixte de Recherche 1039, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Nutr 139:1303-7. 2009..In conclusion, consumption of an extract rich in fumonisins for 9 d has the potential to alter intestinal physiology, villous architecture, and enzyme activities. Underlying mechanisms remain to be investigated...
- Soybean impairs Na(+)-dependent glucose absorption and Cl- secretion in porcine small intestineGaëlle Boudry
Unité Mixte de Recherche sur le Veau et le Porc, INRA, Domaine de la Prise, 35590 St Gilles, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 43:409-18. 2003....
- An early stimulation of solid feed intake slightly influences the morphological gut maturation in the rabbitMélanie Gallois
Station de Recherches Cunicoles, INRA, BP 52627, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 45:109-22. 2005..The present results showed that morphological changes in the digestive tract of young rabbits were weakly influenced by an early stimulation of solid feed intake...
- Increasing digesta viscosity using carboxymethylcellulose in weaned piglets stimulates ileal goblet cell numbers and maturationChristelle Piel
Unité Mixte de Recherche sur le Veau et le Porc, INRA Agrocampus Rennes, Domaine de la Prise, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Nutr 135:86-91. 2005..In conclusion, increasing intestinal content viscosity in weaned piglets fed CMC increased the ileal mucin output and numbers and maturation of goblet cells in ileal villi without effects on the apparent digestibility of the diet...
- Comparative effect of orally administered sodium butyrate before or after weaning on growth and several indices of gastrointestinal biology of pigletsMaud Le Gall
INRA, UMR 1079, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, Domaine de la Prise, Rennes, France
Br J Nutr 102:1285-96. 2009..05). In conclusion, the pre-weaning SB supplementation was the most efficient to stimulate body growth and feed intake after weaning, by reducing gastric emptying and intestinal mucosa weight and by increasing feed digestibility...
- Phaseolin from Phaseolus vulgaris bean modulates gut mucin flow and gene expression in ratsCarlos A Montoya
INRA, UMR SENAH, St Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 104:1740-7. 2010..In conclusion, phaseolin modulates mucin flow and Muc gene expression along the intestines differentially...
- Diet-related adaptation of the small intestine at weaning in pigs is functional rather than structuralGaëlle Boudry
Unité Mixte de Recherche sur le Veau et le Porc, INRA, Saint Gilles, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 34:180-7. 2002....
- Estimation of ileal output of gastro-intestinal glycoprotein in weaned piglets using three different methodsChristelle Piel
Unité Mixte INRA Agrocampus Rennes de Recherche sur le Veau et le Porc, Domaine de la Prise, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 44:419-35. 2004....
- The level of protein in milk formula modifies ileal sensitivity to LPS later in life in a piglet modelLivie Chatelais
INRA, UMR 1079 SENAH, Saint Gilles, France
PLoS ONE 6:e19594. 2011..Milk formulas have higher protein contents than human milk. This high protein level could modify the development of intestinal microbiota, epithelial barrier and immune functions and have long-term consequences...
- Susceptibility of phaseolin to in vitro proteolysis is highly variable across common bean varieties (Phaseolus vulgaris)Carlos A Montoya
UMR1079 SENAH, INRA, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Agric Food Chem 56:2183-91. 2008..Therefore, it should be the criterion of choice in breeding programs aimed at improving the nutritional value of common beans for humans...
- Linseed oil in the maternal diet during gestation and lactation modifies fatty acid composition, mucosal architecture, and mast cell regulation of the ileal barrier in pigletsGaëlle Boudry
INRA, UMR1079, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35000 Rennes, France
J Nutr 139:1110-7. 2009..In conclusion, linseed oil supplementation of the maternal diet profoundly modifies the fatty acid composition, structure, and physiology of the offspring ileum...
- Susceptibility of phaseolin (Phaseolus vulgaris) subunits to trypsinolysis and influence of dietary level of raw phaseolin on protein digestion in the small intestine of ratsCarlos A Montoya
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR1079 SENAH, St Gilles F 35590, France
Br J Nutr 101:1324-32. 2009..In conclusion, the present work provides evidence that denatured T phaseolin subunits display different trypsinolysis patterns in vitro. Moreover, a high intake of raw T phaseolin impacts digestion in the small intestine of rats...
- Weaning induces both transient and long-lasting modifications of absorptive, secretory, and barrier properties of piglet intestineGaëlle Boudry
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA UMRVP, St Gilles, France
J Nutr 134:2256-62. 2004..HRP flux in jejunum declined on d 2 and stayed at this low level throughout the experiment. We conclude that weaning induces transient dramatic changes in intestinal physiology but is also a period of maturation of the intestine...