Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Phyllodes tumors of the breast segregate in two groups according to genetic criteriaMarick Lae
Departement de Biologie des Tumeurs, Service de Pathologie, Institut Curie Hôpital, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 20:435-44. 2007..Helpful additional pathological criteria for differentiating the two genetic groups of phyllodes tumors are the nuclear size and the mitotic rate...
- Assessing HER2 gene amplification as a potential target for therapy in invasive urothelial bladder cancer with a standardized methodology: results in 1005 patientsM Lae
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, Paris Cedex 05, France
Ann Oncol 21:815-9. 2010..This study assessed the human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) protein expression and its relationship with gene amplification in invasive bladder carcinoma, using the same criteria than for breast cancer...
- Secretory breast carcinomas with ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene belong to the basal-like carcinoma spectrumMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Section Médicale, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 22:291-8. 2009..These results support the hypothesis that secretory breast carcinomas have immunohistochemical and genetic features that distinguish them from other basal-like tumors of the breast...
- Fusion gene-negative alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is clinically and molecularly indistinguishable from embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaDaniel Williamson
INSERM Unité 830, Unité de Génétique Somatique, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2151-8. 2010....
- Concordant analysis of KRAS status in primary colon carcinoma and matched metastasisPascale Mariani
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Anticancer Res 30:4229-35. 2010..We concluded there was a high concordance in the KRAS status between the primary tumour and metastases. More than one informative block and more sensitive assay may increase the accuracy of KRAS status determination...
- A transcriptome signature of endothelial lymphatic cells coexists with the chronic oxidative stress signature in radiation-induced post-radiotherapy breast angiosarcomasNabila Sandra Hadj-Hamou
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, UMR3244, 26 Rue d Ulm Paris Cedex 5 F 75248, France
Carcinogenesis 33:1399-405. 2012..In contrast, MYC amplification, which is observed in all radiation-induced tumors but also at a low rate in primary tumors, was not a marker of the radiation tumorigenesis...
- Gastric metastasis of breast cancer: a single centre retrospective studyMaher M Almubarak
Department of Surgery, Curie Institute, Paris, France
Dig Liver Dis 43:823-7. 2011..Digestive metastasis of breast cancer are rare but when they do occur the stomach is one of the commoner sites...
- Lobular phenotype related to occult-metastatic spread in axillary sentinel node and/or bone marrow in breast carcinomaAnne Vincent-Salomon
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 75005 Paris Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 45:1979-86. 2009....
- Renal translocation carcinomas: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and gene expression profiling analysis of 31 cases with a review of the literaturePhilippe Camparo
HIA Val de Grace, Van Andel Research Institute, Paris, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:656-70. 2008..Our results suggest that these differentially expressed genes may serve as novel diagnostic or prognostic markers...
- Management of phyllodes breast tumorsEugenie Guillot
Department of Surgery, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Breast J 17:129-37. 2011..Genetic analysis will potentially supplement classical histologic examination in order to improve our management of these tumors. The role of adjuvant treatments is unproven and must be considered on a case-by-case basis...
- Chromosomal instability in near-diploid colorectal cancer: a link between numbers and structureMartine Muleris
French National Institute for Health and Medical Research INSERM, UMRS_762, Centre de Recherche CDR Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1632. 2008....
- Fascin, a novel target of beta-catenin-TCF signaling, is expressed at the invasive front of human colon cancerDanijela Vignjevic
UMR 144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 25 rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cancer Res 67:6844-53. 2007..We propose that genes involved in cell migration and invasion, such as fascin1, could serve as novel targets for metastasis prevention...
- KIT is highly expressed in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast, a basal-like carcinoma associated with a favorable outcomeSandy Azoulay
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 18:1623-31. 2005..This highly specific immunophenotype could be useful to differentiate adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast from other subtypes of breast carcinoma such as cribriform carcinoma...