Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Phase II trial of dose dense docetaxel followed by FEC100 as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with operable breast cancerWilliam Jacot
CRLC Val d Aurelle, Montpellier, France
Am J Clin Oncol 33:544-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety profile of 4 dose-dense cycles of docetaxel followed by 3 cycles of FEC100 neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with operable advanced breast cancer...
- Lack of EGFR-activating mutations in European patients with triple-negative breast cancer could emphasise geographic and ethnic variations in breast cancer mutation profilesWilliam Jacot
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208, rue des Apothicaires, F 34298, France
Breast Cancer Res 13:R133. 2011..Because variations in the frequency of EGFR-activating mutations in East Asians and other patients with lung cancer have been described, we evaluated the EGFR mutational profile in tumour samples from European patients with TNBC...
- Full-length cytokeratin-19 is released by human tumor cells: a potential role in metastatic progression of breast cancerCatherine Alix-Panabieres
Department of Virology, Lapeyronie Hospital, University Medical Center of Montpellier, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Breast Cancer Res 11:R39. 2009..We evaluated whether CK19, one of the main cytoskeleton proteins of epithelial cells, is released as full-length protein from viable tumor cells and whether this property is relevant for metastatic progression in breast cancer patients...
- Carmustine and methotrexate in combination after whole brain radiation therapy in breast cancer patients presenting with brain metastases: a retrospective studyWilliam Jacot
Department of Medical Oncology, CRLC Val d Aurelle, Montpellier, France
BMC Cancer 10:257. 2010..Since 1999, patients presenting with brain metastases (BM) from breast cancer (BC) are treated in our institution with a carmustine (BCNU)--methotrexate (MTX) combination. We report here our clinical experience regarding this combination...
- Increased prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in patients with breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapyWilliam Jacot
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208, rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:709-17. 2012..Further studies are needed to determine how drugs modulate this regulatory mechanism to preserve bone homeostasis in patients with breast cancer...
- Serum proteomic profiling of lung cancer in high-risk groups and determination of clinical outcomesWilliam Jacot
Department of Thoracic Oncology, CHU Montpellier, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
J Thorac Oncol 3:840-50. 2008..Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer-related mortality worldwide. Currently known serum markers do not efficiently diagnose lung cancer at early stage...
- BRCA1 promoter hypermethylation, 53BP1 protein expression and PARP-1 activity as biomarkers of DNA repair deficit in breast cancerWilliam Jacot
Department of Medical Oncology, Montpellier Cancer Institute, Montpellier, France
BMC Cancer 13:523. 2013..However, a comprehensive analysis of PARP-1 activity, BRCA1 promoter methylation and 53BP1 expression in tumours without known BRCA1 mutation has not yet been carried out...
- Circulating serum vascular endothelial growth factor is not a prognostic factor of non-small cell lung cancerMohammad Chakra
Thoracic Oncology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Thorac Oncol 3:1119-26. 2008..This study aimed at determining the prognostic significance of circulating VEGF as a prognostic factor in NSCLC...
- Prognostic impact of the inclusion of uPA/PAI-1 tumor levels in the current adjuvant treatment decision-making for early breast cancerHaïdar Saadoun
Department of Medical Oncology, Montpellier Cancer Institute, Montpellier, France
Future Oncol 10:195-209. 2014..Following the introduction of new adjuvant therapies we wanted to reappraise the prognostic and predictive value of uPA/PAI-1 in early breast cancer...
- Etoposide, mitomycin, and methotrexate combination in heavily treated breast cancer: a retrospective studyKais Aldabbagh
Department of Medical Oncology, CRLC Val d Aurelle, 208 Rue des Apothicaires, 34298, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Breast Cancer 19:16-22. 2012..We report in this study a retrospective analysis of the activity and safety of the VMM combination...
- [Vitamin D and breast cancer: physiopathology, biological and clinical implications]Nelly Firmin
ICM Val d Aurelle, Service d Oncologie Medicale, 208, rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Bull Cancer 101:266-82. 2014..Unfortunately, in this population, the current recommendations are clearly insufficient, and the current randomized clinical trial results would contribute to define the best way to correct the vitamin D deficiency, quickly and secure...
- Epirubicin and ifosfamide in relapsed or refractory small cell lung cancer patientsWilliam Jacot
Montpellier Academic Hospital, Service d Oncologie Thoracique, Montpellier, France
Lung Cancer 75:213-6. 2012..With the topotecan approval in second line treatment, this combination has been moved from the second line to the third line setting...
- The HER2 amplicon in breast cancer: Topoisomerase IIA and beyondWilliam Jacot
Service d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, Montpellier, F 34298, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1836:146-57. 2013..In addition it will discuss the clinical and biological implications of the amplification of ten other genes at this locus (MED1, STARD3, GRB7, THRA, RARA, IGFPB4, CCR7, KRT20, KRT19 and GAST) in breast cancer...
- Quantification and clinical relevance of gene amplification at chromosome 17q12-q21 in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-amplified breast cancersPierre Jean Lamy
Laboratoire de Biologie Spécialisée et d Oncogénétique, Centre régional de lutte contre le cancer Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208, rue des Apothicaires, Montpellier F 34298, France
Breast Cancer Res 13:R15. 2011..The aim of this study was to quantify the amplification of genes located on chromosome 17q and to analyze the relations between the pattern of gene amplifications and the patients' characteristics and survival...
- [Iron metabolism in breast cancer: knowledge and future]Anna Durigova
Service d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, Montpellier, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 70:387-96. 2012..This is an innovative approach that has emerged for treating a cancer which, despite advances in treatment and the emergence of targeted therapies, remains the leading cause of cancer death in women...
- [Hormone receptors and HER-2 changes during breast cancer progression: clinical implications]William Jacot
CRLC Val d Aurelle, Service d Oncologie Medicale, Montpellier Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 98:1059-70. 2011..This article presents a comprehensive analysis of the frequency of theses phenotypic changes altogether with new modalities to evaluate this phenotypic status...
- Multimodality treatment program in invasive thymic epithelial tumorWilliam Jacot
Service des Maladies Respiratoires, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Montpellier, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
Am J Clin Oncol 28:5-7. 2005..Optimal multimodality treatment of epithelial thymic tumor remains to be defined in multicenter trials...
- [Gemcitabine and ionizing radiations: radiosensitization or radio-chemotherapy combination]David Azria
Département d Oncologie Radiothérapie, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, Rue de la Croix Verte, 34298 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Bull Cancer 89:369-79. 2002..Gemcitabine surely is a strong radiosensitizer even at low doses with future extended combined modality therapeutic indications. The ultimate goal of combined treatments should be an increased therapeutic ratio...
- Vaccination with human anti-trastuzumab anti-idiotype scFv reverses HER2 immunological tolerance and induces tumor immunity in MMTV.f.huHER2(Fo5) miceMaha Z Ladjemi
IRCM, Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, Inserm U896, Université Montpellier1, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208 Rue des Apothicaires, Montpellier, F 34298, France
Breast Cancer Res 13:R17. 2011....
- Worldwide variations in EGFR somatic mutations: a challenge for personalized medicinePierre Jean Lamy
Laboratoire de Biologie Spécialisée et Oncogénétique, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, France
Diagn Pathol 7:13. 2012..Like in lung cancer, the EGFR mutation profiles seem to be related to the ethnical origin of patients. This is an important point that should be considered when developing anti-EGFR therapies...
- Treatment of unresectable, locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma with combined radiochemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil and cisplatinDavid Azria
Department of Radiation Oncology, Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque Cancer Institute, Montpellier, France
Pancreas 25:360-5. 2002..AIM To assess tumor control and the palliative benefit of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), cisplatin (CDDP), and radiotherapy in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer...
- Anti-HER2 vaccines: new prospects for breast cancer therapyMaha Zohra Ladjemi
IRCM, Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, Inserm U896, Université Montpellier1, Montpellier, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1295-312. 2010..It can be delivered by dendritic cells or in a DNA, peptidic or proteic form. Another area of research concerns the use of anti-idiotypic antibodies mimicking HER2...
- Spontaneous complete remission of a non-small cell lung cancer associated with anti-Hu antibody syndromeJean Louis Pujol
hôpital universitaire Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
J Thorac Oncol 2:168-70. 2007..In this case report, we suggest that the immunology of HuAb paraneplastic syndrome by itself could induce tumor response...