Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Bergoni
- Italiano A, Delva F, Mathoulin Pelissier S, Le Cesne A, Bonvalot S, Terrier P, et al. Effect of adjuvant chemotherapy on survival in FNCLCC grade 3 soft tissue sarcomas: a multivariate analysis of the French Sarcoma Group Database. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:2436-41 pubmed publisher..8 (95% CI 0.5-1.2), P = 0.27; 5-year OS: 75% versus 65%, HR 0.8 (95% CI 0.6-1.1), P = 0.15]. This large cohort-based analysis with long-term follow-up indicates that patients with FNCLCC grade 3 disease may benefit from AC. ..
- Italiano A, Mathoulin Pelissier S, Cesne A, Terrier P, Bonvalot S, Collin F, et al. Trends in survival for patients with metastatic soft-tissue sarcoma. Cancer. 2011;117:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to determine whether the overall survival of patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma (STS) has improved over the last 20 years...
- Italiano A, Thomas R, Breen M, Zhang L, Crago A, Singer S, et al. The miR-17-92 cluster and its target THBS1 are differentially expressed in angiosarcomas dependent on MYC amplification. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:569-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, MYC amplification may play a crucial role in the angiogenic phenotype of AS through upregulation of the miR-17-92 cluster, which subsequently downregulates THBS1, a potent endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis. ..
- Italiano A, Chen J, Zhang L, Hajdu M, Singer S, Dematteo R, et al. Patterns of deregulation of insulin growth factor signalling pathway in paediatric and adult gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48:3215-22 pubmed publisher..The IGF pathway is deregulated in GIST with distinct patterns according to age onset and mutational status. The IGF pathway may represent a therapeutic target in patients with primary or secondary resistance to imatinib. ..
- Italiano A, Penel N, Robin Y, Bui B, Le Cesne A, Piperno Neumann S, et al. Neo/adjuvant chemotherapy does not improve outcome in resected primary synovial sarcoma: a study of the French Sarcoma Group. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:425-30 pubmed publisher..There are only scarce data about the benefit of adjunctive chemotherapy in patients with localized synovial sarcoma (SS)...
- Italiano A, Hostein I, Soubeyran I, Fabas T, Benchimol D, Evrard S, et al. KRAS and BRAF mutational status in primary colorectal tumors and related metastatic sites: biological and clinical implications. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:1429-34 pubmed publisher..The acquisition by metastases of a KRAS or a BRAF mutation that was not present in the PT is a rare event, occurring in 5% of cases of mCRC. This is not a frequent mechanism of primary resistance to anti-EGFR treatments in mCRC. ..
- Italiano A, Chen C, Sung Y, Singer S, Dematteo R, Laquaglia M, et al. SDHA loss of function mutations in a subset of young adult wild-type gastrointestinal stromal tumors. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:408 pubmed publisher..Although pediatric GIST consistently display alterations of SDHB protein expression, further molecular studies are needed to identify the crucial genes involved in their tumorigenesis. ..