Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Servant N, Varoquaux N, Lajoie B, Viara E, Chen C, Vert J, et al. HiC-Pro: an optimized and flexible pipeline for Hi-C data processing. Genome Biol. 2015;16:259 pubmed publisher..We applied HiC-Pro to different Hi-C datasets, demonstrating its ability to easily process large data in a reasonable time. Source code and documentation are available at http://github.com/nservant/HiC-Pro . ..
- Giorgetti L, Heard E. Closing the loop: 3C versus DNA FISH. Genome Biol. 2016;17:215 pubmed..We then describe the technical biases that affect each approach, and review the available reports that address their compatibility. Finally, we propose an experimental scheme for comparison of 3C and DNA FISH results. ..
- Heard E, TISHKOFF S, Todd J, Vidal M, Wagner G, Wang J, et al. Ten years of genetics and genomics: what have we achieved and where are we heading?. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:723-33 pubmed publisher..The way ahead looks similarly exciting as we address questions such as how cells function as systems and how complex interactions among genetics, epigenetics and the environment combine to shape phenotypes. ..
- Heard E, Martienssen R. Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: myths and mechanisms. Cell. 2014;157:95-109 pubmed publisher..Although the inheritance of epigenetic characters can certainly occur-particularly in plants-how much is due to the environment and the extent to which it happens in humans remain unclear. ..
- Heard E. Delving into the diversity of facultative heterochromatin: the epigenetics of the inactive X chromosome. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2005;15:482-9 pubmed..Lineage-specific differences provide a glimpse into the developmental complexity of the epigenetic marks that ensure the inactive state. ..
- Borensztein M, Okamoto I, Syx L, Guilbaud G, Picard C, Ancelin K, et al. Contribution of epigenetic landscapes and transcription factors to X-chromosome reactivation in the inner cell mass. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1297 pubmed publisher..Thus, some X-linked genes have minimal epigenetic memory in the inner cell mass, whereas others may require active erasure of chromatin marks. ..
- da Rocha S, Boeva V, Escamilla Del Arenal M, Ancelin K, Granier C, Matias N, et al. Jarid2 Is Implicated in the Initial Xist-Induced Targeting of PRC2 to the Inactive X Chromosome. Mol Cell. 2014;53:301-16 pubmed publisher..Jarid2 thus represents an important intermediate between PRC2 and Xist RNA for the initial targeting of the PRC2 complex to the X chromosome during onset of XCI. ..
- Heard E, Turner J. Function of the sex chromosomes in mammalian fertility. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a002675 pubmed publisher..We also present working models for how perturbations in sex chromosome inactivation or reactivation result in subfertility in the major classes of sex chromosome abnormalities. ..