Francoise F Hamers
Affiliation: Institut de Veille Sanitaire
- HIV infection in Ukraine (1987-96)F F Hamers
EuroHIV, European Centre for the Epidemiological Monitoring of AIDS, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12, rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 48:1S3-1S15. 2000....
- Current situation and regional perspective on HIV/AIDS surveillance in europeFrancoise F Hamers
EuroHIV, Department of Infectious Diseases, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:S39-48. 2003..Efforts should be made to use surveillance data for evaluating the effectiveness of HIV/AIDS prevention interventions...
- HIV in central and eastern EuropeFrancoise F Hamers
EuroHIV, Department of Infectious Diseases, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 94415 Cedex, Saint Maurice, France
Lancet 361:1035-44. 2003..By contrast, rates of HIV in central Europe remain low at present, but behaviours that promote HIV transmission are present in all countries. Improved measures to prevent further HIV spread are urgently needed...
- The changing face of the HIV epidemic in western Europe: what are the implications for public health policies?Francoise F Hamers
EuroHIV, Department of Infectious Diseases, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12 Rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Lancet 364:83-94. 2004..Following a resurgence of risky sexual behaviour, HIV transmission may now be increasing among homosexual and bisexual men, and renewed safer sex campaigns are urgently needed...
- Trends in HIV prevalence in blood donations in Europe, 1990-2004Giedrius Likatavicius
EuroHIV, Dept of Infectious Diseases, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 21:1011-8. 2007..The comparison of HIV prevalence among blood donations in European countries provides an indication of the relative safety of the blood supply in different countries and over time...
- The HIV infection in Europe: large East-West disparityC Semaille
EuroHIV, Infectious Disease Unit, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Public Health Institute, Saint-Maurice, France
Euro Surveill 8:57-64. 2003..On the other hand, eastern Europe shows an epidemic increase in the number of newly diagnosed HIV infections (233 cases in 1994, around 100,000 reported cases in 2001, ie 349 cases per million population) affecting all countries...
- Surveillance of HIV/AIDS in Europe: update at end 2000F F Hamers
EuroHIV, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint-Maurice, France
Euro Surveill 6:84-5. 2001....
- Cost-effectiveness of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis in FranceMagid Herida
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12 Rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex, France
AIDS 20:1753-61. 2006..To assess the cost-effectiveness of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) in France...