Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- High-contrast three-dimensional imaging of the Arabidopsis leaf enables the analysis of cell dimensions in the epidermis and mesophyllNathalie Wuyts
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, INRA SUPAGRO, 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier, France
Plant Methods 6:17. 2010..Here, a successful procedure for the three-dimensional imaging and analysis of plant leaves is presented...
- PHENOPSIS DB: an information system for Arabidopsis thaliana phenotypic data in an environmental contextJuliette Fabre
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux LEPSE, INRA AGRO M, UMR 759, 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1 France
BMC Plant Biol 11:77. 2011..Our goal was to develop a comprehensive information system for sharing of the data collected in PHENOPSIS, an automated platform for Arabidopsis thaliana phenotyping, with the scientific community...
- Water deficit and growth. Co-ordinating processes without an orchestrator?Francois Tardieu
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique LEPSE, 2 place Viala, Montpellier, France
Curr Opin Plant Biol 14:283-9. 2011..We therefore argue for essentially uncoupled mechanisms with feedbacks between them, rather than for a co-ordinated re-programming of all processes. Consequences on plant modelling and plant breeding in dry environment are discussed...
- Combined genetic and modeling approaches reveal that epidermal cell area and number in leaves are controlled by leaf and plant developmental processes in ArabidopsisSébastien Tisné
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux UMR 759, INRA SUPAGRO, Montpellier, France
Plant Physiol 148:1117-27. 2008..Together, these results give insight into the complex determination of leaf epidermal cell number and area...
- PHENOPSIS, an automated platform for reproducible phenotyping of plant responses to soil water deficit in Arabidopsis thaliana permitted the identification of an accession with low sensitivity to soil water deficitChristine Granier
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux UMR 759, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie, Place Viala, F 34060 Montpellier, Cedex 1, France
New Phytol 169:623-35. 2006..Methods developed here will help identify quantitative trait loci and genes involved in plant tolerance to water deficit...
- Individual leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana: a stable thermal-time-based programmeChristine Granier
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie, Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, Montpellier, France
Ann Bot 89:595-604. 2002..Because it predicts accurately the stage of development and the relative expansion rate of any leaf of the rosette, this model facilitates precise planning of sampling procedures and the comparison of treatments in growth analyses...
- Cell and leaf size plasticity in Arabidopsis: what is the role of endoreduplication?Sarah Jane Cookson
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, UMR 759, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie, 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier 2, France
Plant Cell Environ 29:1273-83. 2006..The link between the control of whole organ and individual cell expansion under different environmental conditions was demonstrated by the correlation between the plasticity of cell size and the changes in the duration of leaf expansion...
- Phenotyping the development of leaf area in Arabidopsis thalianaSarah J Cookson
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux UMR759, INRA SUPAGRO, Montpellier, France
Methods Mol Biol 655:89-103. 2010..The protocols described here are for the comparison of Arabidopsis thaliana genotypes, but can be easily adapted to compare leaf expansion under different environmental conditions and in other dicotyledonous plants...
- Day length affects the dynamics of leaf expansion and cellular development in Arabidopsis thaliana partially through floral transition timingSarah Jane Cookson
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, Institut de Biologie Intégrative des Plantes UMR 759, Montpellier Cedex 2, France
Ann Bot 99:703-11. 2007..The aim of the work presented here was to determine the effects of different day lengths on individual leaf area expansion. The effect of flower emergence per se on the regulation of leaf expansion was also tested in this study...
- A dynamic analysis of the shade-induced plasticity in Arabidopsis thaliana rosette leaf development reveals new components of the shade-adaptative responseSarah Jane Cookson
Laboratoire d'Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, , 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 2, France
Ann Bot (Lond) 97:443-52. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: The dynamic analysis presented here reveals a new shade-adaptative response mediated via the control of area expansion at the cell, organ and whole plant levels...