Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- A novel tetanus neurotoxin-insensitive vesicle-associated membrane protein in SNARE complexes of the apical plasma membrane of epithelial cellsT Galli
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 144 Compartimentation et Dynamique Cellulaires, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 9:1437-48. 1998..We suggest that TI-VAMP, SNAP23, and syntaxin 3 can participate in exocytotic processes at the apical plasma membrane of epithelial cells and, more generally, domain-specific exocytosis in clostridial NT-resistant pathways...
- Vimentin filaments in fibroblasts are a reservoir for SNAP23, a component of the membrane fusion machineryW Faigle
Group of Cellular Biology of Tumoral Immunity, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U520, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 11:3485-94. 2000..The vimentin-associated pool of SNAP23 can therefore be a reservoir, which would supply the plasma membrane fusion machinery, in fibroblasts. Our observation points to a yet unexplored role of intermediate filaments...
- Rab11 regulates the compartmentalization of early endosomes required for efficient transport from early endosomes to the trans-golgi networkM Wilcke
UMR CNRS 144, Laboratoire Mécanismes moléculaires du transport intracellulaire, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 151:1207-20. 2000..These results suggest that Rab11 influences endosome to TGN trafficking primarily by regulating membrane distribution inside the early endosomal pathway...
- Tight junction, a platform for trafficking and signaling protein complexesA Zahraoui
Laboratory of Morphogenesis and Cell Signaling, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 144, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 151:F31-6. 2000
- The rod cGMP phosphodiesterase delta subunit dissociates the small GTPase Rab13 from membranesA M Marzesco
CNRS UMR 144, Compartimentation et Dynamique Cellulaires, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Biol Chem 273:22340-5. 1998..Our data support the proposal that delta-PDE, but not GDP dissociation inhibitor, may serve to control the dynamic of the association of Rab13 with cellular membranes...
- Longins: a new evolutionary conserved VAMP family sharing a novel SNARE domainF Filippini
Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Unit, Dept of Biology, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Trends Biochem Sci 26:407-9. 2001..This domain is shared by a novel family of VAMPs called long VAMPs or longins. Members of this family are more conserved among eukaryotes than are classical VAMPs, possibly because of their underlying basic SNARE function...
- Tetanus neurotoxin-insensitive vesicle-associated membrane protein localizes to a presynaptic membrane compartment in selected terminal subsets of the rat brainA Muzerelle
INSERM U106, Hopital Salpetriere, F 75651, Paris Cedex 13, France
Neuroscience 122:59-75. 2003..Thus, the presence of TI-VAMP in the mossy fibres may correspond to the high degree of plasticity that characterises this pathway throughout adult life...
- Soluble NSF attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) in RBL-2H3 mast cells: functional role of syntaxin 4 in exocytosis and identification of a vesicle-associated membrane protein 8-containing secretory compartmentF Paumet
Unite d Immuno Allergie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 164:5850-7. 2000..Furthermore, these results are the first demonstration that the nonneuronal VAMP8 isoform, originally localized on early endosomes, is present in a regulated secretory compartment...
- Interaction of Munc-18-2 with syntaxin 3 controls the association of apical SNAREs in epithelial cellsK Riento
Department of Biochemistry, National Public Health Institute, Mannerheimintie 166, FIN 00300, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Sci 111:2681-8. 1998..These results define a novel functional complex of Munc-18-2 and syntaxin 3 involved in the regulation of apical membrane transport...
- A common exocytotic mechanism mediates axonal and dendritic outgrowthS Martinez-Arca
Membrane Traffic and Neuronal Plasticity, , , F-75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 21:3830-8. 2001..Our results suggest that a common exocytotic mechanism that relies on TI-VAMP mediates both axonal and dendritic outgrowth in developing neurons...
- Na+-H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) is present in lipid rafts in the rabbit ileal brush border: a role for rafts in trafficking and rapid stimulation of NHE3X Li
Department of Medicine, GI Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205-2195, USA
J Physiol 537:537-52. 2001....
- The V0 sector of the V-ATPase, synaptobrevin, and synaptophysin are associated on synaptic vesicles in a Triton X-100-resistant, freeze-thawing sensitive, complexT Galli
Department of Cell Biology, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 271:2193-8. 1996..Freeze-thawing, which involves a mild denaturing step, may produce a conformational change which dissociates the complex and mimics a change which occurs in vivo as a prerequisite to SNARE complex formation...