Affiliation: Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l'Alimentation
- Contribution of mineral waters to dietary calcium and magnesium intake in a French adult populationP Galan
Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et l'Alimentation, , Paris, France
J Am Diet Assoc 102:1658-62. 2002..For dietetics professionals, it may provide-in place of the usual recommendations concerning the consumption of dairy products-a good way to improve calcium and magnesium intakes, particularly in subjects who don't like dairy products...
- [The bank of biological material in the SU.VI.MAX study]P Galan
U557 INSERM UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, ISTNA CNAM, 5, rue du Vertbois, 75003 Paris
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:147-50. 2003..Biological material (buffy coat and plasma samples) are saved and stored at -196 degrees C, -80 degrees C and -20 degrees C for any further tests planned at later date (case-control studies and/or validation of new hypothesis)...
- Impact of cancer occurrence on health-related quality of life: a longitudinal pre-post assessmentStephanie Boini
EA 3444 Ecole de Santé Publique, Faculte de Medecine, Université Henry Poincaré de Nancy, 9 Avenue de la Forêt de Haye, BP 184, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:4. 2004..The objective of the present study was to investigate the impact of new cancer on HRQoL...
- Background and rationale of the SU.FOL.OM3 study: double-blind randomized placebo-controlled secondary prevention trial to test the impact of supplementation with folate, vitamin B6 and B12 and/or omega-3 fatty acids on the prevention of recurrent ischemiP Galan
UMR INSERM U 557 INRA U 1125 CNAM et 2 Unité de Surveillance et d Epidémiologie Nutritionnelle, Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation, Paris
J Nutr Health Aging 7:428-35. 2003..The participants will be supplemented and followed up for a period of five years...
- The SU.VI.MAX trial on antioxidantsS Hercberg
U557 INSERM/U1125 INRA, ISTNA-CNAM, 5, rue Vertbois, 75003 Paris, France
IARC Sci Publ 156:451-5. 2002
- Serum concentrations of beta-carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc and selenium are influenced by sex, age, diet, smoking status, alcohol consumption and corpulence in a general French adult populationP Galan
U557 INSERM UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation CNAM, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1181-90. 2005..To assess relationships between energy, nutrient and food intakes, alcohol consumption, smoking status and body mass index (BMI), and serum concentrations of beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin C, selenium and zinc...
- Dairy products, calcium and phosphorus intake, and the risk of prostate cancer: results of the French prospective SU.VI.MAX (Supplémentation en Vitamines et Minéraux Antioxydants) studyE Kesse
Inserm U557 UMR Inserm Inra Cnam, ISTNA CNAM, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 95:539-45. 2006..The higher risk of prostate cancer with linear increasing yoghurt consumption seems to be independent of Ca and may be related to some other component...
- Indicators of abdominal adiposity in middle-aged participants of the SU.VI.MAX study: relationships with educational level, smoking status and physical inactivityS Czernichow
INSERM U557, Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation, UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, 5, rue Vertbois, 75003 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 30:153-9. 2004..Identifying the demographic and lifestyle correlates of abdominal adiposity is an important step to target at-risk populations in prevention programs. There are few data of this kind in France...
- The use of computerised 24 h dietary recalls in the French SU.VI.MAX Study: number of recalls requiredL I Mennen
UMR INSERM unit 557 INRA unit 1125, Scientific and Technical Institute for Nutrition and Food, ISTNA CNAM, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:659-65. 2002..The objective of the present study was to estimate the number of recalls necessary for an accurate estimation of nutrient intake in French adults followed for 4 y...
- Cathepsin S genotypes are associated with Apo-A1 and HDL-cholesterol in lean and obese French populationsN Spielmann
INSERM, Nutriomique U872, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 872, Paris, France
Clin Genet 74:155-63. 2008..03). These results provide the first evidence that CTSS sequence variations are associated with two human metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular diseases: plasma Apo-A1 and HDL-C concentrations...
- Evidence for a protective (synergistic?) effect of B-vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids on cardiovascular diseasesA de Bree
Scientific and Technical Institute of Nutrition and Food ISTNA CNAM, INSERM U557, INRA U1125, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:732-44. 2004..Although these results are promising, they were produced in very small selective study populations. Thus, confirmation in large well-designed intervention trials is warranted...
- Iron deficiency in EuropeS Hercberg
Unité de Surveillance et d Epidémiologie Nutritionnelle, InVS Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation, CNAM, Paris, France
Public Health Nutr 4:537-45. 2001..Increased knowledge and increased information about factors may be important tools in the prevention of iron deficiency in Europe...
- [Fruits and vegetables intake in the SU.VI.MAX study and systolic blood pressure change]L Dauchet
U557 Inserm UMR, Inserm INRA CNAM, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:669-73. 2006..In intervention studies (DASH), high fruits and vegetables intake lower blood pressure (BP). Less is known on long-term effects of fruits and vegetables intake on BP, especially in European population...
- Factors influencing blood concentration of retinol, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin C, and beta-carotene in the French participants of the SU.VI.MAX trialH Faure
Département de Biologie Intégrée Bâtiment B, CHU La Tronche BP, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:706-17. 2006..VI.MAX) study. This article deals with the study's first stage before any supplementation. The collected data shows factors influencing blood vitamin concentrations and may reflect the vitamin status of volunteers...
- Urinary excretion of 13 dietary flavonoids and phenolic acids in free-living healthy subjects - variability and possible use as biomarkers of polyphenol intakeL I Mennen
U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Paris 13 CRNH I d F, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:519-25. 2008....
- [Antioxidant supplements and risk of hypertension in the SU.VI.MAX trial: relationship to plasma antioxidants]S Czernichow
UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, CRNH IdF, Bobigny Université, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:665-8. 2006..5 years' follow-up...
- Hypertriglyceridemic waist and 7.5-year prospective risk of cardiovascular disease in asymptomatic middle-aged menS Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine IdF, Universite Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:791-6. 2007..Few studies suggest that the combined increase in plasma triglycerides (TG) and in waist circumference (WC), termed 'hypertriglyceridemic waist' (HTGW), is an interesting marker of risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Weight fluctuations and risk for metabolic syndrome in an adult cohortA C Vergnaud
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine Ile de France, Bobigny, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:315-21. 2008..However, it is not known whether weight fluctuations (WF) have a deleterious effect upon MS risk. In the present study, we investigated this association in subjects participating in the SU.VI.MAX cohort...
- Body composition and fat repartition in relation to structure and function of large arteries in middle-aged adults (the SU.VI.MAX study)S Czernichow
French Institute of Health and Medical Research, Unit 557, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:826-32. 2005..To investigate associations of body composition assessed by bioimpedance analysis and anthropometric indicators of fat repartition with carotid structure and function...
- Blood lipid and lipoprotein levels: relationships with educational level and region of residence in the French SU.VI.MAX studyE Bruckert
Service d Endocrinologie Métabolisme, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Prev Med 40:803-11. 2005....
- Serum selenium determinants in French adults: the SU.VI.M.AX studyJ Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU de Grenoble, 75003 Paris, France
Br J Nutr 95:313-20. 2006..The largest Se associations in both sexes were found with regions, smoking, alcohol, meat and fish consumption. Further studies are needed to understand the difference in Se status between genders...
- [Ultrasonic assessment of thyroid nodules, and iodine status of French adults participating in the SU.VI.MAX study]P Valeix
U557 INSERM (UMR INSERM/INRA/CNAM, , 75003 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 62:499-506. 2001..001), independently of age and sex. No relationship was found between prevalence of nodular thyroid structure and the state of borderline iodine status observed in France...
- Effect of two years' supplementation with natural antioxidants on vitamin and trace element status biomarkers: preliminary data of the SU.VI.MAX studyD J Malvy
, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
Cancer Detect Prev 25:479-85. 2001..Data from the follow-up will ascertain if any plausible reduction in the incidence rate of cancers may be associated with such amounts of antioxidant agents...
- Consumption of soup and nutritional intake in French adults: consequences for nutritional statusS Bertrais
Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l'Alimentation, , Paris, France
J Hum Nutr Diet 14:121-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: The present data suggest that the consumption of soups contributes to a balanced diet. Consumption of soup may be beneficial for a healthy nutritional status in the overall population...
- Contribution of snacks and meals in the diet of French adults: a diet-diary studyF Bellisle
INSERM U341, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris, Cedex 04 75181, France
Physiol Behav 79:183-9. 2003..The present study describes the status of several potential determining factors at the time of snacks in humans, demonstrating a specific role for snacks, as opposed to meals, in the daily eating pattern of healthy adults...
- Consequences of iron depletion on health in menstruating womenN Duport
, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1169-75. 2003..SPONSORSHIP: The laboratory Robapharm, Pierre Fabre, France...
- Prevalences of hyperhomocysteinemia, unfavorable cholesterol profile and hypertension in European populationsA de Bree
Unilever Health Institute, Unilever Research and Development Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:480-8. 2005..Hyperhomocysteinemia (HHCY) is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases (CVD). HHCY may interact with hypertension (HTEN) and an unfavorable cholesterol profile (UNFAVCHOL) to alter the risk of CVD...
- 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase common mutations, folate status and plasma homocysteine in healthy French adults of the Supplementation en Vitamines et Mineraux Antioxydants (SU.VI.MAX) cohortA Chango
Laboratoire de Biochimie Médicale et Pédiatrique, INSERM U 308, Faculte de Medecine, BP 184, F 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Br J Nutr 84:891-6. 2000..In the present study dietary folate intake was not measured. Thus, the interaction of dietary folate with the MTHFR genotype in the French population needs further study...
- Promoter adiponectin polymorphisms and waist/hip ratio variation in a prospective French adults studyG Dolley
INSERM, U872, Nutriomique team 7, Cordelier Research Center, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:669-75. 2008..Some of these adiponectin polymorphisms have been associated with BMI in cross-sectional studies...
- Dietary iron intake and serum ferritin in relation to 7.5 years structure and function of large arteries in the SUVIMAX cohortA C Vergnaud
INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM EA3200, Univ Paris XIII, CRNH IdF, Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, 93017, Bobigny, France
Diabetes Metab 33:366-71. 2007..5 year pulse wave velocity (PWV), intima-media thickness (IMT) and plaques in a group of 824 men and women without known CVD, cancer or hemochromatosis...
- Artificial and natural ultraviolet radiation exposure: beliefs and behaviour of 7200 French adultsK Ezzedine
Unité 557, Unité mixte de recherche INSERM INRA CNAM, Paris, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:186-94. 2008..Despite the increasing use of indoor tanning facilities, little is known regarding the behaviour of adults with respect to artificial and natural ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure and the relationship between the two forms of exposure...
- IANA task force on nutrition and cognitive decline with agingS Gillette Guyonnet
Service de Medecine Interne et de Gerontologie Clinique, Pavillon J P Junod, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire La Grave Casselardit, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Nutr Health Aging 11:132-52. 2007..These studies must control for the greatest number of known confounding factors and take into account the impact of the standard social determinants of food habits, such as the regional cultures, social status, and educational level...
- Consumption of black, green and herbal tea and iron status in French adultsL Mennen
UMR INSERM, unit 557 INRA, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1174-9. 2007..It is, however, not clear whether an increase in tea consumption increases the risk of iron depletion in a normal apparently healthy adult population. We have therefore evaluated this...
- Antioxidant supplements for prevention of gastrointestinal cancersS Czernichow
Lancet 365:470-1; author reply 471-2. 2005
- [Hyperhomocysteinemia: an independent risk factor or a simple marker of vascular disease?. 1. Basic data]J C Guilland
Laboratoire de Physiologie, UFR de Medecine, BP 87900, 21079 cedex, Dijon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:101-10. 2003..In fact, the effect of elevated homocysteine appears multifactorial affecting both the vascular wall structure and the blood coagulation system...
- Self-reported skin sensitivity in a general adult population in France: data of the SU.VI.MAX cohortC Guinot
Biometrics and Epidemiology Department, CE RIES, Neuilly sur Seine, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:380-90. 2006..This study aimed to examine the frequency of self-assessed facial skin sensitivity and its different patterns, and the relationship with gender and sun sensitivity in a general adult population...
- [Phototype, vitamin D status and bone mineral density among women at risk of osteoporosis]C Guinot
Unité de biométrie et épidémiologie, CERIES, 20, rue Victor Noir, 92521 Neuilly sur Seine cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 27:369-74. 2006....
- [Hyperhomocysteinemia: an independent risk factor or a simple marker of vascular disease? 2. Epidemiological data]J C Guilland
Laboratoire de Physiologie, UFR de Medecine, BP 87900, 21079 cedex, Dijon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:111-21. 2003..Thus, only placebo-controlled intervention studies with tHcy-lowering B-vitamins and clinical endpoints can provide additional valid arguments for the debate over whether tHcy is a causal CVD risk factor...
- [Homocysteine, folic acid, group B vitamins and cardiovascular risk]J Blacher
Centre de Diagnostic, Unité Hypertension Artérielle, soins et prévention cardiovasculaires
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:145-52. 2005....
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B gene are associated with obesity in morbidly obese French subjectsS Kipfer-Coudreau
INSERM Avenir and EA 3502, Nutrition Department, Paris VI University, Paris, France
Diabetologia 47:1278-84. 2004..We investigated whether PTP 1B SNPs are associated with obesity and obesity-related traits as well as global metabolic syndrome in morbidly obese subjects...
- High incidence of hypertension in middle-aged French adults in the late 1990sP Meneton
J Hum Hypertens 22:211-3. 2008