Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Evolution of insect P450R Feyereisen
UMR 1112, INRA and Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Biochem Soc Trans 34:1252-5. 2006..In particular, insects appear to maintain a repertoire of mitochondrial P450 paralogues devoted to the response to environmental challenges...
- A deficit of detoxification enzymes: pesticide sensitivity and environmental response in the honeybeeC Claudianos
Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Insect Mol Biol 15:615-36. 2006..On the other hand there are some recent radiations in CYP6, CYP9 and certain CCE clades in A. mellifera that could be associated with the evolution of the hormonal and chemosensory processes underpinning its highly organized eusociality...
- Comparative genomics of insect juvenile hormone biosynthesisF G Noriega
Department of Biological Sciences, Florida International University, 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33199, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 36:366-74. 2006..ESTs are deposited in GenBank under the accession numbers DV 017592-DV 018447 (Diploptera punctata); DR 746432-DV 747949 (Aedes aegypti); and DR 747950-DR 748310 (Anopheles albimanus)...
- CYP15A1, the cytochrome P450 that catalyzes epoxidation of methyl farnesoate to juvenile hormone III in cockroach corpora allataC Helvig
Department of Entomology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4024-9. 2004..Heterologously expressed CYP15A1 from D. punctata or its ortholog from economically important species may be useful in the design and screening of selective insect control agents...
- A single p450 allele associated with insecticide resistance in DrosophilaP J Daborn
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Science 297:2253-6. 2002..This allele is characterized by the insertion of an Accord transposable element into the 5' end of the Cyp6g1 gene...
- Overproduction of a P450 that metabolizes diazinon is linked to a loss-of-function in the chromosome 2 ali-esterase (MdalphaE7) gene in resistant house fliesC Sabourault
Department of Entomology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Insect Mol Biol 10:609-18. 2001....
- The involvement of two p450 enzymes, CYP83B1 and CYP83A1, in auxin homeostasis and glucosinolate biosynthesisS Bak
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology, and Center of Molecular Plant Physiology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, 40 Thorvaldsensvej, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant Physiol 127:108-18. 2001....
- Microarray-based analysis of gene expression in very large gene families: the cytochrome P450 gene superfamily of Arabidopsis thalianaW Xu
Department of Plant Sciences, The University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721, USA
Gene 272:61-74. 2001..We also observed that several of the genomic sequences reported high levels of expression, highlighting the limitations of expression analysis based on ESTs alone...
- Cytochromes P450: a success storyD Werck-Reichhart
Department of Stress Response, Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, CNRS FRE2161, rue Goethe, 67083 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Genome Biol 1:REVIEWS3003. 2000..P450 enzymes catalyze many reactions that are important in drug metabolism or that have practical applications in industry; their economic impact is therefore considerable...
- Cytochrome P450 monooxygenases and insecticide resistance in insectsJ B Berge
INRA, Antibes, France
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 353:1701-5. 1998..Our observations compel us to survey in more detail the genetic diversity of cytochrome P450 genes and alleles involved in resistance...
- The Drosophila cytochrome P450 gene Cyp6a2: structure, localization, heterologous expression, and induction by phenobarbitalB C Dunkov
Department of Entomology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721 0036, USA
DNA Cell Biol 16:1345-56. 1997..The Cyp6a2 gene appears to be a suitable model for a genetic analysis of the phenobarbital induction process...
- Isolation, heterologous expression and functional characterization of a novel cytochrome P450 3A enzyme from a canine liver cDNA libraryD J Fraser
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 283:1425-32. 1997..These findings also suggest that 3A26 and 3A12 may be an interesting model system for the investigation of structure-function relationships involved in steroid metabolism catalyzed by members of the cytochrome P450 3A subfamily...
- Molecular cloning, overexpression in Escherichia coli, structural and functional characterization of house fly cytochrome b5V M Guzov
Department of Entomology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Biol Chem 271:26637-45. 1996..The results indicate that cytochrome b5 stimulates a step following the first electron transfer during cytochrome P450 6A1 turnover...
- P450 superfamily: update on new sequences, gene mapping, accession numbers and nomenclatureD R Nelson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Pharmacogenetics 6:1-42. 1996..The cDNAs, mRNAs and enzymes in all species (including mouse) should include all capital letters, and without italics or hyphens. This nomenclature system is similar to that proposed in our previous updates...
- Cytochrome P450 gene clusters in Drosophila melanogasterB C Dunkov
Department of Entomology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Gen Genet 251:290-7. 1996..The identification of these genes and alleles will allow us to clarify the involvement of P450s in xenobiotic metabolism and will facilitate a genetic analysis of P450 functions in insects...
- The P450 superfamily: update on new sequences, gene mapping, accession numbers, early trivial names of enzymes, and nomenclatureD R Nelson
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
DNA Cell Biol 12:1-51. 1993..Finally, we describe P450 genes that have been detected by expressed sequence tags (ESTs), as well as the relationship between the P450 and the nitric oxide synthase gene superfamilies, as a likely example of convergent evolution...
- The P450 superfamily: update on new sequences, gene mapping, and recommended nomenclatureD W Nebert
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, OH 45267 0056
DNA Cell Biol 10:1-14. 1991..This system is consistent with our earlier proposed nomenclature for P450 of all eukaryotes and prokaryotes, except that we are discouraging the future use of cumbersome Roman numerals...