Affiliation: Institut Bergoni
- Surgical lesioning of splanchnic nerves using wet needle radiofrequency thermoablationSerge Evrard
Department of Surgery, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bordeaux, France
J Surg Oncol 80:171-2. 2002
- Enhancing patient safety and quality of surgical cancer care: the French National Cancer PlansS Evrard
Head of Digestive Tumours Unit and Department of Surgery, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:S14-7. 2010..Based on adherence to these requirements and following a process of continuous assessment, institutional accreditations (currently being allocated in 2010) will be given for a period of 5 years...
- [Intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of liver metastases: age of reason]S Evrard
Groupe digestif, Institut Bergonie, Universite de Bordeaux, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 97:91-6. 2010..Positive preliminary data of two prospective studies, the EORTCC CLOCC study and the ARF2003 study confirm that IORA complements surgery to obtain complete resection in a larger proportion of patients after chemotherapy induction...
- Surgical treatment of liver metastases by radiofrequency ablation, resection, or in combinationS Evrard
The Digestive Oncology Unit, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:399-406. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the feasibility and value using RFA, resection or in combination to cure liver metastases of colorectal or other origin...
- Evaluation of a preoperative multimedia information program in surgical oncologyS Evrard
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:106-10. 2005..We report on the design, validation and evaluation of a DVD for patient information in a department of surgical oncology...
- [Treatment of rectal cancer by laparoscopie]Serge Evrard
Groupe digestif, Institut Bergonie, Universite Bordeaux 2, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Bull Cancer 94:1059-62. 2007..In the next few years, data from the Color II study should definitively confirm the equivalence or otherwise of laparoscopy to laparotomy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Could bipolar vessel sealers prevent bile leaks after hepatectomy?Serge Evrard
Digestive Oncology Unit, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University, Bordeaux, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 392:41-4. 2007..The aim of this work was to test the feasibility of using a bipolar low thermal acting system inducing collagenic sealing but not protein coagulation to secure hepatic parenchyma cutting...
- Cytokines pattern after surgical radiofrequency ablation of liver colorectal metastasesSerge Evrard
Institut Bergonie, Digestive Tumours Unit, Bordeaux
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:141-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the serum pattern of cytokines evolution after surgical radiofrequency ablation (SRFA) of colorectal metastases...
- Cytoreductive surgery of colorectal peritoneal metastases: outcomes after complete cytoreductive surgery and systemic chemotherapy onlyGregoire Desolneux
Digestive Tumours Unit, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0122816. 2015..However, although efficacy of surgery has been demonstrated, evidence supporting HIPEC's role is less certain...
- [Colorectal liver metastases: history, sciences and clinical practices]Serge Evrard
Universite de Bordeaux, Institut Bergonie, 229, cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Bull Cancer 101:373-9. 2014..Maybe an additional intermediary new concept should be added, the metastatic disease chronicisation? Evaluating the patient benefice is difficult and should stand on progression free survival as surrogate marker. ..
- Absence of transcriptomic signature of response to chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal carcinoma patientsAudrey Laroche-Clary
Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Pharmacogenomics 13:497-504. 2012..Tumor gene-expression profiling may define signatures capable of discriminating between responders and nonresponders to chemotherapy...
- KRAS and BRAF mutational status in primary colorectal tumors and related metastatic sites: biological and clinical implicationsAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1429-34. 2010..The question of primary resistance to anti-EGFR treatment as a result of the presence of KRAS or BRAF mutations only in metastases has been raised but not resolved...
- [Right colectomy with regional anaesthesia and hypnosedation in ASA 3 patient]S Colombani
Départements d anesthésie réanimation, Institut Bergonie, Centre régional de lutte contre cancer, 229, cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:341-4. 2008..Nowadays, hypnosedation may be considered as an additional anaesthetic technique given to be associated with local or regional anaesthesia, in order to permit more surgery possibilities in high risk patients...
- Comparison of hepatic recurrences after resection or intraoperative radiofrequency ablation indicated by size and topographical characteristics of the metastasesF Leblanc
Digestive Tumours Unit, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Centre, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:185-90. 2008..Intraoperative use of radiofrequency ablation (IRFA) to treat liver metastases is controversial. The aim of this study was to compare local recurrence rate and survival after IRFA versus resection...
- Combined ablation and resection (CARe) as an effective parenchymal sparing treatment for extensive colorectal liver metastasesSerge Evrard
Digestive Tumours Unit, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France University of Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e114404. 2014....
- Patterns of complications following intraoperative radiofrequency ablation for liver metastasesGregoire Desolneux
Digestive Tumour Unit, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
HPB (Oxford) 16:1002-8. 2014..Intraoperative radiofrequency ablation (IRFA) is added to surgery to obtain hepatic clearance of liver metastases. Complications occurring in IRFA should differ from those associated with wedge or anatomic liver resection...
- [The surgeon and the metastatic disease]Serge Evrard
Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux, France
Bull Cancer 100:313-5. 2013..Metastatic disease constitutes a unique model of therapeutic synergy that can be accredited to multidisciplinary strategy...
- Complications of intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of liver metastasesTsiriniaina Razafindratsira
Digestive Tumours Unit, Institute Bergonie Institut Bergonié, Bordeaux, France
HPB (Oxford) 13:15-23. 2011..This systematic review assesses the frequency, patterns and severity of complications associated with this procedure...
- Does rich fiber diet accelerate the healing process of low-output colorectal fistulas?Serge Evrard
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Bergonie, Universite Louis Pasteur, Bordeaux, France
Dig Dis Sci 47:2635-7. 2002..Here the author presents three consecutive cases of low output fistula treated by feeding with an enriched fiber diet. Closure of the fistulae occurred in a few days. The rationale of this alternative treatment is discussed...
- Primary malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the pancreas: benefit of the multidisciplinary approachJulien Jarry
Bergonie Cancer Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux 33000, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:765-8. 2010....
- Open versus laparoscopy-assisted colectomySerge Evrard
Lancet 361:73; author reply 75-6. 2003
- [Laparoscopy treatment of colon cancer: ducking is no fair play!]Serge Evrard
Bull Cancer 90:188-9. 2003
- [Rectal cancer Information dedicated to cancer patients and relatives]Pierre Senesse
Bull Cancer 93:179-91. 2006..These articles are meant to inform patients and relatives about the disease and its treatments. It also offers health professionals a synthetic evidence-based patient information source which facilitates discussions with the patient...
- [Surgical oncology by minimal access]Serge Evrard
Bull Cancer 94:1033-4. 2007
- Cost of radiofrequency ablation in the treatment of hepatic malignanciesJulia Bonastre
Department of Health Economics, Gustave Roussy Institute, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif Cedex
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:828-35. 2007..Our primary objective was to assess the cost of radio-frequency ablation (RFA) of hepatic malignancies and to compare it to hospital reimbursement paid in the French Prospective Payment System (PPS)...