Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- TTK/hMPS1 is an attractive therapeutic target for triple-negative breast cancerVirginie Maire
Institut Curie, Research Center, Paris, France Breast Cancer Biology Group, Department of Translational Research, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e63712. 2013..These results point out TTK as a protein kinase overexpressed in TNBC that may represent an attractive therapeutic target specifically for this poor prognosis associated subgroup of breast cancer...
- Identification of syntaxin-1A sites of phosphorylation by casein kinase I and casein kinase IIThierry Dubois
The University of Edinburgh, Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, UK
Eur J Biochem 269:909-14. 2002....
- Identification of casein kinase Ialpha interacting protein partnersThierry Dubois
The University of Edinburgh, Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh, UK
FEBS Lett 517:167-71. 2002..Formation of the RCC1/CKIalpha complex is consistent with the association of the kinase with mitotic spindles. In conclusion, we have identified a number of novel CKIalpha protein partners and their relations to CKI are discussed...
- Centaurin-alpha 1 associates in vitro and in vivo with nucleolinThierry Dubois
Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:502-8. 2003..This suggested that centaurin-alpha(1) was part of a ribonucleoprotein complex...
- Association of CPI-17 with protein kinase C and casein kinase IEva Zemlickova
University of Edinburgh, Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:39-47. 2004..We previously found that CPI-17 co-purified with casein kinase I in brain suggesting they are part of a complex and we now show that CPI-17 associates with the kinase domain of CKI isoforms...
- Structural basis for ARF1-mediated recruitment of ARHGAP21 to Golgi membranesJulie Ménétrey
Centre de Recherche, UMR 144, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
EMBO J 26:1953-62. 2007..Our data demonstrate that two well-known small GTPase-binding motifs, the PH domain and the alpha helical motif, can combine to create a novel mode of binding to Arfs...
- Novel in vitro and in vivo phosphorylation sites on protein phosphatase 1 inhibitor CPI-17Thierry Dubois
Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:186-92. 2003..The novel in vivo and in vitro phosphorylation sites (serines 128 and 130) are in a region/domain unique to CPI-17, suggesting a specific interaction domain that is regulated by phosphorylation...
- Polo-like kinase 1: a potential therapeutic option in combination with conventional chemotherapy for the management of patients with triple-negative breast cancerVirginie Maire
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, France
Cancer Res 73:813-23. 2013..Altogether, our observations suggest PLK1 inhibition as an attractive therapeutic approach, in association with conventional chemotherapy, for the management of patients with TNBC...
- Centaurin-alpha(1) associates with and is phosphorylated by isoforms of protein kinase CEva Zemlickova
University of Edinburgh, School of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:459-65. 2003..Centaurin-alpha(1) is also a substrate for all PKC classes and we have identified the two sites of phosphorylation. This is the first report of a kinase that phosphorylates centaurin-alpha(1)...
- [ARHGAP10, a novel RhoGAP at the cross-road between ARF1 and Cdc42 pathways, regulates Arp2/3 complex and actin dynamics on Golgi membranes]Thierry Dubois
Laboratoire de la dynamique du cytosquelette et de la membrane, CNRS UMR 144, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 21:692-4. 2005
- Frequent PTEN genomic alterations and activated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in basal-like breast cancer cellsBérengère Marty
Département de Transfert, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res 10:R101. 2008..In contrast to HER2+ carcinomas, no targeted therapy is currently available for the treatment of patients with BLCs. In order to discover potential therapeutic targets, we aimed to discover deregulated signalling pathways in human BLCs...
- Golgi-localized GAP for Cdc42 functions downstream of ARF1 to control Arp2/3 complex and F-actin dynamicsThierry Dubois
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Group, Institut Curie, CNRS UMR144, 75248 Paris, France
Nat Cell Biol 7:353-64. 2005..Our results establish a role for ARHGAP10 in Golgi structure and function at the crossroads between ARF1 and Cdc42 signalling pathways...
- ADP ribosylation factor 6 is activated and controls membrane delivery during phagocytosis in macrophagesFlorence Niedergang
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Laboratory, UMR144 CNRS, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 161:1143-50. 2003..This resulted in an early blockade in pseudopod extension and accumulation of intracellular vesicles, as observed by electron microscopy. We conclude that ARF6 is a major regulator of membrane recycling during phagocytosis...
- NormaCurve: a SuperCurve-based method that simultaneously quantifies and normalizes reverse phase protein array dataSylvie Troncale
Institut Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e38686. 2012..However, appropriate tools allowing the normalization of the data for external sources of variation are currently missing...
- Patient-derived xenografts recapitulate molecular features of human uveal melanomasCecile Laurent
Institut Curie, Paris, France
Mol Oncol 7:625-36. 2013..These models therefore constitute valuable preclinical tool for drug screening in UM...
- Oxidative stress promotes myofibroblast differentiation and tumour spreadingAurore Toullec
Laboratory of Stress and Cancer, INSERM U830, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
EMBO Mol Med 2:211-30. 2010..Collectively, our data uncover a new mechanism by which oxidative stress increases the migratory properties of stromal fibroblasts, which in turn potentiate tumour dissemination...
- Heat shock protein 90α (Hsp90α) is phosphorylated in response to DNA damage and accumulates in repair fociMaria Quanz
Institut Curie, CNRS UMR3347, INSERM U1021, Universite Paris Sud 11, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
J Biol Chem 287:8803-15. 2012..These findings shed light on the interplay between central DNA repair enzymes and an essential molecular chaperone...
- Ploidy and large-scale genomic instability consistently identify basal-like breast carcinomas with BRCA1/2 inactivationTatiana Popova
Centre de Recherche, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Cancer Res 72:5454-62. 2012..This assay may ease the challenge of selecting patients for genetic testing or recruitment to clinical trials of novel emerging therapies that target DNA repair deficiencies in cancer...
- Proteomic screening identifies a YAP-driven signaling network linked to tumor cell proliferation in human schwannomasAliz e Boin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Paris, France A B, C C, D Lo, D La Institut National de la Sant et de la Recherche M dicale, Paris, France I B, P H Mines ParisTech, Fontainebleau, France P H Breast Cancer Biology Group, Institut Curie, Paris, France T D Reverse Phase Protein Array Platform, Institut Curie, Paris, France C D, L D K Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Paris, France D F Department of Neurosurgery, Assistance Publique H pitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France M K Unit Institut National de la Sant et de la Recherche M dicale, Fondation Jean Dausset, Paris, France M K Pathology Department Beaujon Bichat, AP HP, H pital Bichat, Paris, France A C Universit Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cit, Paris, France A C Pathology Department Beaujon Bichat, AP HP, H pital Beaujon, Clichy, France P B Universit Paris Diderot, Bethesda
Neuro Oncol . 2014..The goal of our study was to evaluate the expression and activity of these signaling pathways in human schwannomas in order to identify new potential therapeutic targets...
- ARF6 controls post-endocytic recycling through its downstream exocyst complex effectorMagali Prigent
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Group, UMR144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 163:1111-21. 2003..Our paper suggests that ARF6 specifies delivery and insertion of recycling membranes to regions of dynamic reorganization of the plasma membrane through interaction with the vesicle-tethering exocyst complex...
- Regulation of the CDK-related protein kinase PCTAIRE-1 and its possible role in neurite outgrowth in Neuro-2A cellsRalph Graeser
ICRF Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3LD, UK
J Cell Sci 115:3479-90. 2002....
- Host protein interactions with enteropathogenic Escherichia coli (EPEC): 14-3-3tau binds Tir and has a role in EPEC-induced actin polymerizationAmit Patel
Division of Food Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Cell Microbiol 8:55-71. 2006..This study indicates a direct functional role for the 14-3-3tau:Tir interaction and is the first to demonstrate the association of a host protein with the surface of EPEC...