Affiliation: Institut de Biologie de Lille
- Selecting lactic acid bacteria for their safety and functionality by use of a mouse colitis modelCatherine Daniel
Laboratoire des Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:5799-805. 2006..We conclude that not all lactobacilli have similar effects on intestinal inflammation and that selected probiotics such as L. salivarius Ls-33 may be considered in the prevention or treatment of intestinal inflammation...
- Bioluminescence imaging study of spatial and temporal persistence of Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactococcus lactis in living miceCatherine Daniel
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lactic acid Bacteria and Mucosal Immunity, Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, Lille, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:1086-94. 2013..The application of luciferase-labeled bacteria has significant potential to allow the in vivo and ex vivo study of the interactions of lactic acid bacteria with their mammalian host...
- Protection against Yersinia pseudotuberculosis infection conferred by a Lactococcus lactis mucosal delivery vector secreting LcrVCatherine Daniel
Laboratoire des Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 142, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille F 59021, France
Vaccine 27:1141-4. 2009..pseudotuberculosis infections. This constitutes the first proof of principle for a novel anti-Yersinia mucosal vaccination strategy using recombinant lactic acid bacteria...
- Recombinant lactic acid bacteria as mucosal biotherapeutic agentsCatherine Daniel
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, CNRS, UMR 8204, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U1019, F 59019 Lille, France
Trends Biotechnol 29:499-508. 2011..In this review, we provide a timely update on the recent important advances made in this field, and outline the potential of recombinant LAB as therapeutic tools for their safe and efficient use in human health...
- Chronic ingestion of cadmium and lead alters the bioavailability of essential and heavy metals, gene expression pathways and genotoxicity in mouse intestineJerome Breton
Bactéries Lactiques and Immunité des Muqueuses, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM U 1019, CNRS UMR 8204, Universite Lille Nord de France, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, 59019, Lille, France
Arch Toxicol 87:1787-95. 2013..Collectively, it provides useful information for the risk assessment of heavy metals in gut homeostasis and further disease's susceptibility. ..
- Prevention and treatment of colitis with Lactococcus lactis secreting the immunomodulatory Yersinia LcrV proteinBenoit Foligne
Laboratoire des Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 133:862-74. 2007....
- Understanding immunomodulatory effects of probioticsBruno Pot
Laboratory for Lactic Acid Bacteria and Mucosal Immunity, Center for Infection and Immunity Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM U1019 CNRS UMR 8204 University Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser 77:75-90. 2013..Only then can the proper clinical trials with proper readouts be set up to prove efficacy of each strain/mixture individually...
- Therapeutic potential of Yersinia anti-inflammatory componentsBenoit Foligne
Inserm U801, Faculté de Médecine Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite de Lille, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 603:361-6. 2007..This is the case for virulence plasmid-encoded proteins from pathogenic Yersiniae that inhibit the host's inflammatory response by interfering with various cellular signaling pathways...
- Probiotics from research to market: the possibilities, risks and challengesBenoit Foligne
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lactic acid Bacteria and Mucosal Immunity, Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, 1, rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, F 59019 Lille, France
Curr Opin Microbiol 16:284-92. 2013..This review discusses the crosstalk between probiotic producers, regulatory people, medical care and healthcare workers, and the scientific community. ..
- Gut microbiota limits heavy metals burden caused by chronic oral exposureJerome Breton
Bactéries Lactiques and Immunité des Muqueuses, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM U 1019, CNRS UMR 8204 Université Lille Nord de France, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, BP 245, F 59019 Lille, France
Toxicol Lett 222:132-8. 2013..Collectively, these data illustrate the complex host-microbes interplay occurring with environmental pollutants inside the gut. ..
- Potential and opportunities for use of recombinant lactic acid bacteria in human healthSean Hanniffy
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UA, United Kingdom
Adv Appl Microbiol 56:1-64. 2004
- Mucosal co-application of lactic acid bacteria and allergen induces counter-regulatory immune responses in a murine model of birch pollen allergyAndreas Repa
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical School AKH EBO3Q, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Vaccine 22:87-95. 2003..We conclude that these LAB strains in combination with an allergen could be promising candidates for mucosal vaccination against type I allergy...
- Use of a pleural implantable access system for the management of malignant pleural effusion: the Institut Curie experienceCatherine Daniel
Institut Curie, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1367-70. 2007..The authors report the first experience of a pleural implantable access system for the treatment of recurrent symptomatic malignant pleural effusion...
- Cytokine-regulated expression and inhibitory function of FcgammaRIIB1 and -B2 receptors in human dendritic cellsNathalie Guriec
Cellular Therapy Laboratory, Brest Medical School, France
J Leukoc Biol 79:59-70. 2006..Altogether, our results evidence an inhibitory role for FcgammaRIIB in human DC and provide an easy way to possibly improve in vitro the induction of immune response against IC-linked antigen...