Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Retrovirally mediated IFN-beta transduction of macrophages induces resistance to HIV, correlated with up-regulation of RANTES production and down-regulation of C-C chemokine receptor-5 expressionI Cremer
Equipe de l Interferon et des Cytokines, Unité Mixte de Recherche 146, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Curie, Orsay, France
J Immunol 164:1582-7. 2000..In addition to inhibiting HIV replication, IFN-beta transduction could have beneficial immune effects in HIV-infected patients by favoring cellular immune responses...
- Inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus transmission to CD4+ T cells after gene transfer of constitutively expressed interferon beta to dendritic cellsI Cremer
Laboratorie d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U255, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Hum Gene Ther 11:1695-703. 2000..This indicates that IFN-beta transduction of DCs blocks HIV infection and viral transmission to CD4(+) T cells, and could favor cellular immune responses in HIV-infected patients...
- Acquired constitutive expression of interferon beta after gene transduction enhances human immunodeficiency virus type 1-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity by a RANTES-dependent mechanismF Hadida
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, UMR 7627 CNRS, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hum Gene Ther 10:1803-10. 1999..The efficient elimination of HIV-infected cells by IFN-beta-transduced CTL lines makes this gene therapy approach an attractive treatment for AIDS...
- Mannose receptor ligand-positive cells express the metalloprotease decysin in the B cell follicleC G Mueller
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 255, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Immunol 167:5052-60. 2001..Decysin represents the first marker for this previously unrecognized cell population of the mouse spleen, which may represent a precursor for GCDC and may be specialized in the transport of unprocessed Ag from the MZ into developing GC...
- TRAF4 overexpression is a common characteristic of human carcinomasS Camilleri-Broet
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité 255 d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Faculte de Medecine, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Oncogene 26:142-7. 2007..Considering that TRAF4 is located at 17q11.2 in a region of amplification devoid of known oncogenes and is commonly overexpressed in cancer, our data support an oncogenic role for TRAF4...