D E Corpet
Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Insulin injections promote the growth of aberrant crypt foci in the colon of ratsD E Corpet
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Toulouse, France
Nutr Cancer 27:316-20. 1997..04). These data show that exogenous insulin can promote colon carcinogenesis in rats and suggest that life-style and diets leading to low blood insulin might protect humans against colorectal cancer...
- Consistent and fast inhibition of colon carcinogenesis by polyethylene glycol in mice and rats given various carcinogensD E Corpet
Sécurité des Aliments, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, France
Cancer Res 60:3160-4. 2000..Moreover, PEG is one of the most potent inhibitors of colon tumor in the standard rat model. Since PEG has no known toxicity in humans, we think it should be tested as a chemopreventive agent in a clinical trial...
- Pluronic F68 block polymer, a very potent suppressor of carcinogenesis in the colon of rats and miceG Parnaud
, INRA, , 23 ch. des Capelles, Toulouse, 31076, France
Br J Cancer 84:90-3. 2001..0001). Next 3 studies confirmed this pluronic efficacy in rats and mice. This non-toxic laxative seems roughly 5 times more potent than PEG for chemoprevention...
- Endogenous N-nitroso compounds, and their precursors, present in bacon, do not initiate or promote aberrant crypt foci in the colon of ratsG Parnaud
, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, , 31076 Toulouse, France
Nutr Cancer 38:74-80. 2000..01). Results suggest that NOC from dietary bacon would not enhance colon carcinogenesis in rats...
- Cytostatic effect of polyethylene glycol on human colonic adenocarcinoma cellsG Parnaud
, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Toulouse, France
Int J Cancer 92:63-9. 2001..This growth inhibition may be due to the high osmotic pressure induced by PEG in vitro. Because the osmotic pressure is high in feces of PEG-fed rats, it may explain the suppression of colon carcinogenesis by PEG...
- Ranking chemopreventive agents on rat colon carcinogenesisD E Corpet
UMR Xenobiotiques, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23 ch Capelles, 31076 Toulouse, France
IARC Sci Publ 156:381-4. 2002