Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Regulation of estrogen rapid signaling through arginine methylation by PRMT1Muriel Le Romancer
INSERM, U590, Lyon F 69008, France Université de Lyon, Lyon 1, ISPB and IFR62, Lyon F 69003, France
Mol Cell 31:212-21. 2008..Our data indicate that the methylation of ERalpha is a physiological process occurring in the cytoplasm of normal and malignant epithelial breast cells and that ERalpha is hypermethylated in a subset of breast cancers...
- Cracking the estrogen receptor's posttranslational code in breast tumorsMuriel Le Romancer
Universite de Lyon, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, bâtiment Cheney D, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Endocr Rev 32:597-622. 2011....
- hCAF1, a new regulator of PRMT1-dependent arginine methylationYannis Robin-Lespinasse
Inserm Unit U590, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France and Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Cell Sci 120:638-47. 2007..Since hCAF1 and PRMT1 have been involved in the regulation of transcription and RNA metabolism, we speculate that hCAF1 and PRMT1 could contribute to the crosstalk between transcription and RNA processing...
- Activation of rapid oestrogen signalling in aggressive human breast cancersCoralie Poulard
Universite de Lyon, France
EMBO Mol Med 4:1200-13. 2012..Our data introduces the new concept that the rapid oestrogen pathway is operative in vivo. It also provides a rationale for patient stratification defined by the activation of this pathway and the identification of target therapies...
- [Post-translational modifications modulate estrogen receptor alpha activity in breast tumors]Coralie Poulard
Equipe labélisée Ligue contre le cancer, INSERM U590, Centre Leon Berard, bâtiment Cheney D, Lyon F 69008, France
Med Sci (Paris) 26:636-40. 2010..A better understanding of the impact of these PTMs on estrogen receptor should help in the identification of new drugs for breast cancer treatments...
- Sumoylation of the estrogen receptor alpha hinge region regulates its transcriptional activityStephanie Sentis
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 590, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Mol Endocrinol 19:2671-84. 2005..These findings identify sumoylation as a new mechanism modulating ERalpha-dependent cellular response and provide a link between the SUMO and estrogen pathways...
- BTG2 antiproliferative protein interacts with the human CCR4 complex existing in vivo in three cell-cycle-regulated formsAnne Pierre Morel
Unité INSERM U590, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Cell Sci 116:2929-36. 2003..These findings suggest that the different regulatory pathways in which hCAF1 is involved, notably transcription regulation and mRNA turnover, may occur through distinct CCR4 complexes in the course of cell-cycle progression...
- Identification of NF-kappaB responsive elements in follistatin related gene (FLRG) promoterLaurent Bartholin
INSERM, U590, IFR62, Lyon, F 69008, France
Gene 393:153-62. 2007..In all, this work brings new insights in the understanding of FLRG regulation by cytokines and growth factors. It opens attractive perspectives of research that should allow us to better understand the role of FLRG during tumorigenesis...
- Transcription activation of FLRG and follistatin by activin A, through Smad proteins, participates in a negative feedback loop to modulate activin A functionLaurent Bartholin
INSERM U453, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon, France
Oncogene 21:2227-35. 2002..This observation, in conjunction with the antagonistic effect of FLRG and follistatin on activin signaling, indicates that these two proteins participate in a negative feedback loop which regulates the activin function...