Affiliation: Institut Bergoni
- Prediction of HER2 gene status in Her2 2+ invasive breast cancer: a study of 108 cases comparing ASCO/CAP and FDA recommendationsFrederic Chibon
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 22:403-9. 2009..Pathological factors, in particular SBR grade 3 and more than 60% Her2+ cells, were significantly correlated with HER2 amplification...
- Validated prediction of clinical outcome in sarcomas and multiple types of cancer on the basis of a gene expression signature related to genome complexityFrederic Chibon
Departement de Pathologie, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Nat Med 16:781-7. 2010..Application of the signature will permit more selective use of adjuvant therapies for people with sarcomas, leading to decreased iatrogenic morbidity and improved outcomes for such individuals...
- MED12 alterations in both human benign and malignant uterine soft tissue tumorsGaëlle Pérot
INSERM U916, Institut Bergonié Cancer Institute, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 7:e40015. 2012..We propose here that MED12 alterations could be implicated in the development of smooth muscle tumor and that its expression could be inhibited in malignant tumors...
- Genetic profiling identifies two classes of soft-tissue leiomyosarcomas with distinct clinical characteristicsAntoine Italiano
Department of Medical Oncology, INSERM U916, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:1190-6. 2013..Data about the prognostic factors of soft-tissue leiomyosarcomas and their correlation with molecular profile are limited...
- Adult-type rhabdomyosarcoma: analysis of 57 cases with clinicopathologic description, identification of 3 morphologic patterns and prognosisNathalie Stock
Bergonié Institute and INSERM U 916, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1850-9. 2009..In conclusion, adult-type RMS is a rare sarcoma occurring mainly in the extremities and trunk wall with 2 main histologic patterns, spindle cell, and pleomorphic patterns, which represent the end of the spectrum of a single entity...
- Chromosome instability accounts for reverse metastatic outcomes of pediatric and adult synovial sarcomasPauline Lagarde
Tumor Genetics Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux, France 33076
J Clin Oncol 31:608-15. 2013..Genomic Index is potentially the best overall biomarker and clearly the most clinically relevant, considering that genome profiling from formalin-fixed samples is already used in pathology...
- Value and limitation of immunohistochemical expression of HMGA2 in mesenchymal tumors: about a series of 1052 casesNadège Dreux
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 23:1657-66. 2010..Finally, and may be more importantly, HMGA2 is useful for the diagnosis of benign fibrous histiocytoma, nodular fasciitis and vulvovaginal benign mesenchymal tumors...
- Molecular characterization by array comparative genomic hybridization and DNA sequencing of 194 desmoid tumorsSébastien Salas
Department of Pathology, INSERM U916, Bergonie Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:560-8. 2010..A better understanding of the pathogenetic pathways in the initiation and progression of desmoid tumors requires studies of 8q and 20q gains, as well as of 6q and 5q losses, and study of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...