Affiliation: Institut Bergoni
- Prediction of HER2 gene status in Her2 2+ invasive breast cancer: a study of 108 cases comparing ASCO/CAP and FDA recommendationsFrederic Chibon
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 22:403-9. 2009..Pathological factors, in particular SBR grade 3 and more than 60% Her2+ cells, were significantly correlated with HER2 amplification...
- Validated prediction of clinical outcome in sarcomas and multiple types of cancer on the basis of a gene expression signature related to genome complexityFrederic Chibon
Departement de Pathologie, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Nat Med 16:781-7. 2010..Application of the signature will permit more selective use of adjuvant therapies for people with sarcomas, leading to decreased iatrogenic morbidity and improved outcomes for such individuals...
- Impact of molecular analysis on the final sarcoma diagnosis: a study on 763 cases collected during a European epidemiological studyAgnes Neuville
Department of Pathology, Bergonie Cancer Institute, University of Bordeaux, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Am J Surg Pathol 37:1259-68. 2013....
- YWHAE rearrangement identified by FISH and RT-PCR in endometrial stromal sarcomas: genetic and pathological correlationsSabrina Croce
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 26:1390-400. 2013..Overall, for endometrial sarcoma cases with high-grade morphology we recommend to test for YWHAE rearrangements by FISH break-apart, a cost- and time-efficient method, and to complete the investigation by RT-PCR in borderline cases. ..
- Smooth muscle differentiation identifies two classes of poorly differentiated pleomorphic sarcomas with distinct outcomeGaëlle Pérot
1 Institut Bergonié, Department of Pathology, Bordeaux, France 2 INSERM U916, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 27:840-50. 2014..Collectively, our results show that the smooth muscle differentiation classification method may be a useful diagnostic tool as well as a relevant prognostic tool for undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcomas. ..
- Genetic profiling identifies two classes of soft-tissue leiomyosarcomas with distinct clinical characteristicsAntoine Italiano
Department of Medical Oncology, INSERM U916, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:1190-6. 2013..Data about the prognostic factors of soft-tissue leiomyosarcomas and their correlation with molecular profile are limited...
- MED12 alterations in both human benign and malignant uterine soft tissue tumorsGaëlle Pérot
INSERM U916, Institut Bergonié Cancer Institute, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 7:e40015. 2012..We propose here that MED12 alterations could be implicated in the development of smooth muscle tumor and that its expression could be inhibited in malignant tumors...
- Consistent SMARCB1 homozygous deletions in epithelioid sarcoma and in a subset of myoepithelial carcinomas can be reliably detected by FISH in archival materialFrançois Le Loarer
Pathology Department, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Pathology Department, Institut Bergonié Cancer Center, Bordeaux, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:475-86. 2014..Alternative mechanisms of SMARCB1 inactivation in SMARCB1-disomic ES remain to be identified, but appear unrelated to large genomic abnormalities in other SWI/SNF subunits...
- Fibrosarcoma-like lipomatous neoplasm: a reappraisal of so-called spindle cell liposarcoma defining a unique lipomatous tumor unrelated to other liposarcomasAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville, Greenville, SC Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA Department of Pathology and INSERM U916 Institut Bergonié Laboratory of Pathology, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Surg Pathol 37:1373-8. 2013....
- Prognostic value of PLAGL1-specific CpG site methylation in soft-tissue sarcomasAnne Lise Peille
Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Bordeaux, France Univ Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France INSERM U916 VINCO, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 8:e80741. 2013..Such a biomarker may be relevant for identifying patients likely to derive greater benefit from treatment. ..
- Adult-type rhabdomyosarcoma: analysis of 57 cases with clinicopathologic description, identification of 3 morphologic patterns and prognosisNathalie Stock
Bergonié Institute and INSERM U 916, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1850-9. 2009..In conclusion, adult-type RMS is a rare sarcoma occurring mainly in the extremities and trunk wall with 2 main histologic patterns, spindle cell, and pleomorphic patterns, which represent the end of the spectrum of a single entity...
- Identification of a recurrent STRN/ALK fusion in thyroid carcinomasGaëlle Pérot
Department of Biopathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France INSERM U916, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e87170. 2014..These findings could pave the way for the development of new targeted therapeutic strategies in the treatment of papillary thyroid carcinomas and point to ALK inhibitors as promising agents that merit rapid evaluation. ..
- Intimal sarcoma is the most frequent primary cardiac sarcoma: clinicopathologic and molecular retrospective analysis of 100 primary cardiac sarcomasAgnes Neuville
University of Bordeaux INSERM U916 Department of Biopathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux Department of Pathology, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris Department of Pathology, Hopital du Haut leveque, Pessac Department of Pathology, Hopital Universitaire, Lyon Department of Pathology, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse Department of Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Department of Pathology, Centre Chirurgical Marie Lannelongue, Le Plessis Robinson Department of Pathology, Hopital Universitaire, Rennes, France
Am J Surg Pathol 38:461-9. 2014..As resections are limited to the left atrium, this histologic subtype could benefit from therapies targeting PDGFRA or MDM2. ..
- Chromosome instability accounts for reverse metastatic outcomes of pediatric and adult synovial sarcomasPauline Lagarde
Institut Nationalde la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U916 Institut Bergonie, France
J Clin Oncol 31:608-15. 2013..Here we investigate whether these signatures can also predict outcomes in SS...
- Grading of soft tissue sarcomas: from histological to molecular assessmentAgnes Neuville
1Department of Biopathology, Institut Bergonié and INSERM U916 2Laboratory of Pathology, University Victor Ségalen Bordeaux 3Translational Research, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Pathology 46:113-20. 2014....
- Cancer gene expression signatures - the rise and fall?Frederic Chibon
INSERM U916 Genetic and Biology of Sarcomas, Department of Molecular Pathology, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, CS61283, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 49:2000-9. 2013....
- Value and limitation of immunohistochemical expression of HMGA2 in mesenchymal tumors: about a series of 1052 casesNadège Dreux
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 23:1657-66. 2010..Finally, and may be more importantly, HMGA2 is useful for the diagnosis of benign fibrous histiocytoma, nodular fasciitis and vulvovaginal benign mesenchymal tumors...
- Molecular characterization by array comparative genomic hybridization and DNA sequencing of 194 desmoid tumorsSébastien Salas
Department of Pathology, INSERM U916, Bergonie Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:560-8. 2010..A better understanding of the pathogenetic pathways in the initiation and progression of desmoid tumors requires studies of 8q and 20q gains, as well as of 6q and 5q losses, and study of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...