Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Modular architecture and evolution of the map-1 gene family in the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne incognitaPhilippe Castagnone-Sereno
INRA UMR1301, UNSA, CNRS UMR6243, 400 Route des Chappes, BP167, 06903, Sophia Antipolis, France
Mol Genet Genomics 282:547-54. 2009..The genomic differences characterized here between avirulent and virulent individuals are assumed to reflect, at the DNA level, the adaptive capacity of these asexual root-knot nematodes...
- Pyramiding, alternating or mixing: comparative performances of deployment strategies of nematode resistance genes to promote plant resistance efficiency and durabilityCaroline Djian-Caporalino
INRA, UMR1355 INRA UNSA CNRS, Institut Sophia Agrobiotech, BP167, Sophia Antipolis F 06903, France
BMC Plant Biol 14:53. 2014....
- Diversity and evolution of root-knot nematodes, genus Meloidogyne: new insights from the genomic eraPhilippe Castagnone-Sereno
INRA, UMR1355 Institut Sophia Agrobiotech, F 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Annu Rev Phytopathol 51:203-20. 2013..incognita) and horizontal gene transfers (HGTs) represent major forces that have shaped the genome of current RKN species and may account for the extreme adaptive capacities and parasitic success of these nematodes. ..
- Genome-wide survey and analysis of microsatellites in nematodes, with a focus on the plant-parasitic species Meloidogyne incognitaPhilippe Castagnone-Sereno
INRA UMR1301 UNSA CNRS UMR6243, 400 Route des Chappes, BP167, Sophia Antipolis, France
BMC Genomics 11:598. 2010..The recent completion of the genomes of several nematode species, including Meloidogyne incognita, a major agricultural pest worldwide, now opens the way for a comparative survey and analysis of microsatellites in these organisms...
- Data-mining of the Meloidogyne incognita degradome and comparative analysis of proteases in nematodesPhilippe Castagnone-Sereno
INRA UMR1301 UNSA CNRS UMR6243, 400 Route des Chappes, BP167, 06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Genomics 97:29-36. 2011..This comparative study should provide a framework for deciphering the diversity of protease-mediated functions in nematodes...
- Genome sequence of the metazoan plant-parasitic nematode Meloidogyne incognitaPierre Abad
INRA, UMR 1301, 400 Route des Chappes, F 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Nat Biotechnol 26:909-15. 2008..Our results provide insights into the adaptations required by metazoans to successfully parasitize immunocompetent plants, and open the way for discovering new antiparasitic strategies...
- The plant apoplasm is an important recipient compartment for nematode secreted proteinsPaulo Vieira
INRA UMR 1301, CNRS UMR 6243, UNSA, 400 Route des Chappes, F 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
J Exp Bot 62:1241-53. 2011..The study shows that the plant apoplasm acts as an important destination compartment for proteins secreted during migration and during sedentary stages of the nematode...
- First insights into the genetic diversity of the pinewood nematode in its native area using new polymorphic microsatellite lociSophie Mallez
INRA, UMR 1355 Institut Sophia Agrobiotech, Equipe Biologie des Populations Introduites, Sophia Antipolis, France
PLoS ONE 8:e59165. 2013..The role of dispersal by the insect vector versus human activities in shaping this structure is discussed...
- Proteins secreted by root-knot nematodes accumulate in the extracellular compartment during root infectionMarie Noelle Rosso
INRA UMR 1301, CNRS UMR 6243, UNSA, Sophia Antipolis, France
Plant Signal Behav 6:1232-4. 2011....
- An immunocytochemical procedure for protein localization in various nematode life stages combined with plant tissues using methylacrylate-embedded specimensPaulo Vieira
Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Sophia Antipolis, France
Phytopathology 102:990-6. 2012..Besides excellent epitope preservation, dissolution of methacrylate from tissue sections unmasks target proteins and thereby drastically increases antibody access...
- Genetic diversity of root-knot nematodes from Brazil and development of SCAR markers specific for the coffee-damaging speciesOnivaldo Randig
INRA, Unité Interactions Plantes Microorganismes et Santé Végétale, Antibes, France
Genome 45:862-70. 2002..Therefore, it is concluded that the method developed here has potential for application in routine diagnostic procedures...
- Towards specific diagnosis of plant-parasitic nematodes using DNA oligonucleotide microarray technology: a case study with the quarantine species Meloidogyne chitwoodiCecile François
INRA, UMR 1064 IPMSV, BP167, 06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Mol Cell Probes 20:64-9. 2006..chitwoodi as a test organism...
- Satellite DNA as a target for TaqMan real-time PCR detection of the pinewood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilusCecile François
INRA, UMR1064 Interactions Plantes Microorganismes et Santé Végétale, 400 Route des Chappes, BP167, F 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Mol Plant Pathol 8:803-9. 2007..These results demonstrate the potential of this assay to provide rapid, accurate and sensitive molecular identification of the PWN in relation to pest risk assessment in the field and quarantine regulation...
- The map-1 gene family in root-knot nematodes, Meloidogyne spp.: a set of taxonomically restricted genes specific to clonal speciesIva Tomalová
French National Institute for Agriculture Research, Institut Sophia Agrobiotech, Sophia Antipolis, France
PLoS ONE 7:e38656. 2012....
- Characterization of a cDNA related to K-Cl Cotransporters in the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne incognitaCedric Neveu
INRA, Unité Interactions Plantes Microrganismes et Santé végétale, BP2078, Antibes, France
DNA Seq 13:117-21. 2002..By analogy with known proteins, it is hypothesized that this gene is involved in the regulation of cell osmotic pressure to maintain nematode body fluids hyperosmotic to the environment...
- High-throughput microsatellite isolation through 454 GS-FLX Titanium pyrosequencing of enriched DNA librariesThibaut Malausa
INRA, UMR 1301 IBSV INRA UNSA CNRS, 400 Route des Chappes, BP 167, 06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Mol Ecol Resour 11:638-44. 2011..This method is expected to speed up the acquisition of high-quality genetic markers for nonmodel organisms...