Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Relationship between tumor burden and serum thyroglobulin level in patients with papillary and follicular thyroid carcinomaAnne Bachelot
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Thyroid 12:707-11. 2002..Nevertheless, undetectable serum Tg should not be considered as a reliable criteria to exclude a minimal tumor burden in patients who have already been treated with (131)I...
- Ductal metaplasia in chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis as a manifestation of phylogenic regression to an exocrine structureBernard Caillou
Department of Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Am J Surg Pathol 30:774-81. 2006..In this study, we describe in lymphocytic autoimmune thyroiditis the appearance of ductal-like structures which displayed the features of ductal metaplasia...
- Ultrasound criteria of malignancy for cervical lymph nodes in patients followed up for differentiated thyroid cancerSophie Leboulleux
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3590-4. 2007..Neck ultrasonography (US) has become a keystone in the follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid cancer...
- Rationale for central and bilateral lymph node dissection in sporadic and hereditary medullary thyroid cancerClaudia Scollo
Nuclear Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2070-5. 2003....
- Neck recurrence from thyroid carcinoma: serum thyroglobulin and high-dose total body scan are not reliable criteria for cure after radioiodine treatmentAnne Bachelot
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Tumours, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:376-9. 2005....
- Prognostic factors for persistent or recurrent disease of papillary thyroid carcinoma with neck lymph node metastases and/or tumor extension beyond the thyroid capsule at initial diagnosisSophie Leboulleux
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Tumors, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U605, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5723-9. 2005..Initial treatment, performed at the Institut Gustave Roussy between 1987 and 1997, included in all patients a total thyroidectomy with central and ipsilateral en bloc neck dissection followed by radioactive iodine ablation...
- Functional characterization of human thyroid tissue with immunohistochemistryAntongiulio Faggiano
Department of Pathology, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique LRC29V, Institut Gustave Roussy, University Paris Sud, Villejuif Cedex, France
Thyroid 17:203-11. 2007....
- Differential expression of galectin-3 in medullary thyroid carcinoma and C-cell hyperplasiaAntongiulio Faggiano
Department of Pathology, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique LRC29V, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 57:813-9. 2002..The reliability of this marker in the differential diagnosis between medullary thyroid carcinoma and C-cell hyperplasia was studied by immunohistochemistry...
- Combined treatment of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma with surgery, chemotherapy, and hyperfractionated accelerated external radiotherapyRenaud de Crevoisier
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1137-43. 2004..To analyze a prospective protocol combining surgery, chemotherapy (CT), and hyperfractionated accelerated radiotherapy (RT) in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma...
- Radiation exposure and familial aggregation of cancers as risk factors for colorectal cancer after radioiodine treatment for thyroid carcinomaCarole Rubino
National Institute of Public Health and Medical Research, INSERM, Unit 605, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:1084-9. 2005..The aim of this study in thyroid cancer patients was to evaluate the role of familial factors in the risk of colorectal cancer and their potential interaction with radioiodine exposure...
- Familial medullary thyroid carcinoma: clinical variability and low aggressiveness associated with RET mutation at codon 804Francesca Lombardo
Départment de Biologie Clinique and Service de Médecine Nucléaire, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1674-80. 2002..Indeed, our data should be confirmed on a larger series of V804L carriers, but may offer a balanced strategy to keep under control and prevent development of the full disease phenotype...
- Prognostic markers of survival after combined mitotane- and platinum-based chemotherapy in metastatic adrenocortical carcinomaPasqualino Malandrino
Service de Médecine Nucléaire et de Cancérologie Endocrinienne, Institut Gustave Roussy, Universite Paris XI, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif Cedex, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:797-807. 2010..03 and <0.001). Our study suggests a prognostic role for mitotane therapy and objective response to platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Age-dependent variation of follicular size and expression of iodine transporters in human thyroid tissueAntongiulio Faggiano
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue C Demoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Nucl Med 45:232-7. 2004....
- Expression of the apical iodide transporter in human thyroid tissues: a comparison study with other iodide transportersLudovic Lacroix
Department of Clinical Biology, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique LRC29V, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1423-8. 2004..Expression of AIT protein was undetectable in most papillary carcinomas and was weak but detectable in most follicular carcinomas; it was negative in anaplastic carcinomas...
- PAX8 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 1 gene expression status in benign and malignant thyroid tissuesLudovic Lacroix
CNRS UMR 8125 Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, LRC29V, and Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur J Endocrinol 151:367-74. 2004....
- [Cervical cystic lymph-node metastases from epidermoid carcinoma]Patrick Marandas
Département de carcinologie cervico faciale, l Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins 94005 Villejuif, France
Bull Acad Natl Med 187:1117-27; discussion 1127-8. 2003..Treatment consists of surgical resection of the tumor followed by external beam radiation therapy centered on the cervical lymph nodes and Waldeyer's ring. Prognosis is good, with 5-year actuarial overall survival rate of 77%...
- Medullary thyroid carcinoma arises in the absence of prolactin signalingCécile Kedzia
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Médicale U584, Faculte de Medecine Necker, Paris, France
Cancer Res 65:8497-503. 2005..These observations suggest a possible link between the appearance of this carcinoma and the absence of prolactin signaling...
- Characteristics of follicular cell-derived thyroid carcinomas occurring after external radiation exposure: results of a case control study nested in a cohortCarole Rubino
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, National Institute of Health and Medical Research U521 INSERM, Villejuif, France
Thyroid 12:299-304. 2002..1-6.5), and conversely the frequency of follicular histology was similar in male cases and in male controls (OR = 0.3, 95% CI: 0.1-1.4). The risks of recurrence and of thyroid cancer related death were similar in cases and in controls...
- Poorly differentiated follicular thyroid carcinoma: prognostic factors and relevance of histological classificationMelania Pulcrano
Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique LRC29V, Institut Gustave Roussy and University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Thyroid 17:639-46. 2007....
- Galectin-3 for indeterminate thyroid cytologyAbir Al Ghuzlan
Lancet Oncol 9:508-10. 2008
- Follicular thyroid tumors with the PAX8-PPARgamma1 rearrangement display characteristic genetic alterationsLudovic Lacroix
Functional Genomic Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Am J Pathol 167:223-31. 2005..These data identify several differentially expressed genes, such as FGD3, that may serve as potential targets of PPARgamma and as members of novel molecular pathways involved in the development of thyroid carcinomas...