Affiliation: Institut de Veille Sanitaire
- [Increasing incidence of scabies in France, 1999-2010, and public health implications]D Bitar
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12, rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 139:428-34. 2012..Following numerous reports suggesting increased incidence of scabies in France, we analysed various available indicators...
- Estimating the burden of mucormycosis infections in France (2005-2007) through a capture-recapture method on laboratory and administrative dataD Bitar
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 60:383-7. 2012....
- Detection of events of public health importance under the international health regulations: a toolkit to improve reporting of unusual events by frontline healthcare workersEmily Macdonald
Department of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 11:713. 2011..Our objective was to develop tools to assist European countries improve the reporting of unusual events of public health significance from frontline healthcare workers to public health authorities...
- [Public health surveillance and assessment of emerging infectious threats: method and criteria for risk analysis]D Bitar
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12, rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 41:53-62. 2011....
- [Risk of importation of tropical diseases in metropolitan France: dectection, alert, response]Dounia Bitar
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12 Rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:1847-59; discussion 1859-60. 2009..The need to improve reaction times and risk assessment is also discussed...
- Increasing incidence of zygomycosis (mucormycosis), France, 1997-2006Dounia Bitar
Infectious Diseases Department, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1395-401. 2009..Incidence also increased in the population of patients with diabetes mellitus. We conclude that observed trends reflect a genuine increase of zygomycosis cases in at-risk populations...
- An approach to estimate the number of SARS cases imported by international air travelA Goubar
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Infectious Diseases Department, Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiol Infect 137:1019-31. 2009..Inversely, importation depends on the transmission dynamic in the country of origin (including control measures in place) and on the intensity of air travel between regions...
- Sporadic community-acquired Legionnaires' disease in France: a 2-year national matched case-control studyD Che
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiol Infect 136:1684-90. 2008..These findings will provide helpful knowledge about LD and help practitioners in identifying patients at high risk...
- [Epidemiology of tuberculosis in France]Didier Che
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice
Presse Med 35:1725-32. 2006..Funding must be made available to reinforce tuberculosis surveillance and to conduct public health initiatives targeted at the populations most at risk...
- [Epidemiology of tuberculosis in France in 2003]Didier Che
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12 Rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex
Bull Acad Natl Med 189:1257-69; discussion 1269-70. 2005..Enhanced surveillance and appropriately funded public health initiatives are needed to reinforce the fight against tuberculosis in France...
- Introduction of SARS in France, March-April, 2003Jean Claude Desenclos
Département Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Emerg Infect Dis 10:195-200. 2004..Timely detection, isolation of probable case-patients, and quarantine of their contacts appear to have been effective in preventing the secondary spread of SARS in France...
- [Bronchiolitis among infants under 1 year of age in France: epidemiology and factors associated with mortality]D Che
Unité infections respiratoires et pathologies émergentes, Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, InVS, 12, rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 19:700-6. 2012..The results are consistent with international literature, but further prospective analysis will be needed to better describe the cases at higher risk, aiming to improve their management...
- Adult intensive-care patients with 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) infectionC Fuhrman
French Institute for Public Health Surveillance Institut de Veille Sanitaire, InVS, Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiol Infect 139:1202-9. 2011..It shows the role of obesity as an independent risk factor for severe disease, and of early antiviral therapy as a protective factor, at least in patients with risk factors...
- Absence of infection in asymptomatic contacts of index SARS case in FranceS Le Vu
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Euro Surveill 11:40-1. 2006..These findings support a SARS case definition that is essentially based on clinical and epidemiological assessment, should SARS re-emerge...