Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- SUMO is growing senescentOliver Bischof
Unité d Organisation Nucléaire et Oncogenèse INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Cell Cycle 6:677-81. 2007..Here, we discuss some of the implications for this novel connection and future directions to study in more detail the importance of the SUMO pathway in senescence and tumorigenesis...
- [A review of cellular senescence: friend or foe of tumorigenesis?]Oliver Bischof
Unité d Organisation Nucléaire et Oncogenèse ONO, INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, 28, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:153-60. 2009..Here, we take a snapshot of the progress in understanding the causes and consequences of cellular senescence in vitro and in vivo...
- Physical and functional interaction between PML and TBX2 in the establishment of cellular senescenceNadine Martin
Department of Cell Biology and Infection, Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Laboratory, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
EMBO J 31:95-109. 2012..Collectively, our findings indicate that PML and TBX2 act in an autoregulatory loop to control the effective execution of the senescence program...
- PARP-1 transcriptional activity is regulated by sumoylation upon heat shockNadine Martin
Department of Cell Biology and Infection, Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Unit, INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
EMBO J 28:3534-48. 2009..These results, thus, point to a novel mechanism for regulating PARP-1 transcription function, and suggest crosstalk between sumoylation and RNF4-mediated ubiquitination in regulating gene expression in response to heat shock...
- Human papillomavirus oncoprotein E7 targets the promyelocytic leukemia protein and circumvents cellular senescence via the Rb and p53 tumor suppressor pathwaysOliver Bischof
Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Unit, INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Cell Biol 25:1013-24. 2005..Given the importance of HPV in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer, our results warrant a more detailed analyses of PML in HPV infections...
- The E3 SUMO ligase PIASy is a regulator of cellular senescence and apoptosisOliver Bischof
Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Unit, INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Cell 22:783-94. 2006..Altogether, these data provide the first evidence for a direct role of an E3 SUMO ligase, and by implication of the SUMO pathway, in cellular senescence and apoptosis...
- Senescence is an endogenous trigger for microRNA-directed transcriptional gene silencing in human cellsMoussa Benhamed
Institut Pasteur, Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Unit, Department of Cell Biology and Infection, F 75015 Paris, France
Nat Cell Biol 14:266-75. 2012..Our results suggest that miRNA/AGO2-mediated SA-TGS may contribute to tumour suppression by stably repressing proliferation-promoting genes in premalignant cancer cells...
- Sumoylation at chromatin governs coordinated repression of a transcriptional program essential for cell growth and proliferationHélène Neyret-Kahn
Institut Pasteur, Laboratory of Nuclear Organization and Oncogenesis, Department of Cell Biology and Infection, F 75015 Paris, France
Genome Res 23:1563-79. 2013....
- Deconstructing PML-induced premature senescenceOliver Bischof
Unite de Recombinaison et Expression Genetique, INSERM U 163, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 21:3358-69. 2002..Taken together, our data assign a specific pro-senescent activity to an individual PML isoform that involves p53 activation and is independent from PML nuclear bodies...