Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Estimation of the familial relative risk of cancer by site from a French population based family study on colorectal cancer (CCREF study)N Andrieu
Inserm Emi 00 06 Service de Biostatistiques, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex, France
Gut 53:1322-8. 2004..A family history of CRC increases an individual's risk of developing CRC. Family history has been suggested to have a greater impact on proximal than distal tumours...
- The case-combined-control design was efficient in detecting gene-environment interactionsN Andrieu
INSERM EMI00 06, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses de l Agora, 91034 Evry Cedex, France
J Clin Epidemiol 57:662-71. 2004..A design combining both related and unrelated controls (e.g., population-based and siblings) is proposed to increase the power to detect GxE interaction...
- Increased power to detect gene-environment interaction using siblings controlsNadine Andrieu
National Institute of Health and Medical Research EMI00 06, Evry, France
Ann Epidemiol 15:705-11. 2005..To evaluate a more realistic design, we studied the relative efficiency of a 1:0.5 case-sibling-control design compared with a classical 1:1 case-unrelated-control design and examined the effect of the analysis strategy...
- Ataxia-telangiectasia genes and breast cancer risk in a French family studyNadine Andrieu
Inserm Emi 00 06, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses de l Agora, 91034 Evry Cedex France
J Dairy Res 72:73-80. 2005..Chest X-rays did not appear to be a risk factor for BC in our study population. More powerful studies, using data sets pooled from international sources are being set up to confirm these observations...
- Pregnancies, breast-feeding, and breast cancer risk in the International BRCA1/2 Carrier Cohort Study (IBCCS)Nadine Andrieu
INSERM, Emi00 06, Service de Biostatistique, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:535-44. 2006..Because mammary gland cells divide and differentiate during pregnancy, reproductive factors may influence breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers differently than they do in noncarriers...
- Variation in breast cancer risk of heterozygotes for ataxia-telangiectasia according to environmental factorsBeatrice Geoffroy-Perez
INSERM EMI00 06, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses d l Agora, 91034 Evry Cedex, France
Int J Cancer 99:619-23. 2002....
- Variation in breast cancer risk with mutation position, smoking, alcohol, and chest X-ray history, in the French National BRCA1/2 carrier cohort (GENEPSO)Julie Lecarpentier
Institut National de Santé et de Recherche Médicale, Unité U900, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:927-38. 2011..A new high-risk region in BRCA2 is described. Taking into account environmental and lifestyle modifiers, the location of mutations might be important in the clinical management of BRCA mutation carriers...
- Germline BAP1 mutations predispose to renal cell carcinomasTatiana Popova
Institut Curie, INSERM U830, Paris 75248, France
Am J Hum Genet 92:974-80. 2013..This strongly argues that RCC belongs to the BAP1 syndrome and that BAP1 is a RCC-predisposition gene...
- Effect of chest X-rays on the risk of breast cancer among BRCA1/2 mutation carriers in the international BRCA1/2 carrier cohort study: a report from the EMBRACE, GENEPSO, GEO-HEBON, and IBCCS Collaborators' GroupNadine Andrieu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Emi00 06, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3361-6. 2006..Because of the role of the BRCA proteins in DNA repair, we hypothesized that BRCA carriers might be more sensitive to ionizing radiation than women in the general population...
- Age at menarche and menopause and breast cancer risk in the International BRCA1/2 Carrier Cohort StudyJenny Chang-Claude
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:740-6. 2007..Early menarche and late menopause are important risk factors for breast cancer, but their effects on breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers are unknown...
- Oral contraceptives and breast cancer risk in the international BRCA1/2 carrier cohort study: a report from EMBRACE, GENEPSO, GEO-HEBON, and the IBCCS Collaborating GroupRichard M Brohet
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Epidemiology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:3831-6. 2007..However, duration of use, especially before first full-term pregnancy, may be associated with an increasing risk of breast cancer among both BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers...
- A weighted cohort approach for analysing factors modifying disease risks in carriers of high-risk susceptibility genesAntonis C Antoniou
Cancer Research UK, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genet Epidemiol 29:1-11. 2005..The power to detect associations is, however, reduced compared with an unweighted approach...
- Unconditional analyses can increase efficiency in assessing gene-environment interaction of the case-combined-control designAlisa M Goldstein
Genetic Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Epidemiol 35:1067-73. 2006..Under a conditional analytic approach, the case-combined-control design appeared to be more efficient and feasible than a classical case-control study for detecting interaction involving rare events...