Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Influence of pollen nutrition on honey bee health: do pollen quality and diversity matter?Garance Di Pasquale
UMT, Protection des Abeilles dans l Environnement, CS 40509, Avignon, France
PLoS ONE 8:e72016. 2013....
- Gut pathology and responses to the microsporidium Nosema ceranae in the honey bee Apis melliferaClaudia Dussaubat
INRA, UR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Site Agroparc, Avignon, France
PLoS ONE 7:e37017. 2012..ceranae and the bee gut response, but also demonstrate that the honey bee gut is an interesting model system for studying host defense responses...
- Brain, physiological and behavioral modulation induced by immune stimulation in honeybees (Apis mellifera): a potential mediator of social immunity?Cedric Alaux
INRA, UR406 Abeilles et Environnement, Site Agroparc, 84914 Avignon Cedex 9, France
Brain Behav Immun 26:1057-60. 2012..Our results support the idea that the interplay between the brain and immune system may be an important regulatory factor of social immunity in insects...
- Regulation of brain gene expression in honey bees by brood pheromoneC Alaux
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Genes Brain Behav 8:309-19. 2009..Together these results demonstrate strong connections between pheromone effects, behavior, and regulation of brain gene expression...
- Nutrigenomics in honey bees: digital gene expression analysis of pollen's nutritive effects on healthy and varroa-parasitized beesCedric Alaux
INRA, UMR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Domaine Saint Paul, 84914 Avignon, France
BMC Genomics 12:496. 2011....
- Interactions between Nosema microspores and a neonicotinoid weaken honeybees (Apis mellifera)Cedric Alaux
INRA, UMR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Laboratoire Biologie et Protection de l abeille, Site Agroparc, 84914 Avignon, France
Environ Microbiol 12:774-82. 2010..This provides the first evidences that interaction between an infectious organism and a chemical can also threaten pollinators, interactions that are widely used to eliminate insect pests in integrative pest management...
- Diet effects on honeybee immunocompetenceCedric Alaux
INRA, UMR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Laboratoire Biologie et Protection de l abeille, Domaine Saint Paul, Avignon, France
Biol Lett 6:562-5. 2010..These results suggest a link between protein nutrition and immunity in honeybees and underscore the critical role of resource availability on pollinator health...
- Pathological effects of the microsporidium Nosema ceranae on honey bee queen physiology (Apis mellifera)Cedric Alaux
INRA, UMR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Laboratoire Biologie et Protection de l abeille, Site Agroparc, Domaine Saint Paul, 84914 Avignon, France
J Invertebr Pathol 106:380-5. 2011..Thus, such physiological changes may impact queen health, leading to changes in pheromone production, that could explain Nosema-induced supersedure (queen replacement)...
- Nosema spp. infection alters pheromone production in honey bees (Apis mellifera)Claudia Dussaubat
UMR 406 Abeilles et Environnement, Laboratoire Biologie et Protection de l abeille, INRA, Site Agroparc, 84914, Avignon, France
J Chem Ecol 36:522-5. 2010..Since EO is involved in the regulation of division of labor among workers, our result suggests that the changes in EO signaling induced by parasitism have the potential to disturb the colony homoeostasis...
- Honey bee aggression supports a link between gene regulation and behavioral evolutionCedric Alaux
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15400-5. 2009..It appears that one element in the evolution of different degrees of aggressive behavior in honey bees involved changes in regulation of genes that mediate the response to alarm pheromone...
- New meta-analysis tools reveal common transcriptional regulatory basis for multiple determinants of behaviorSeth A Ament
Neuroscience Program, Department of Computer Science, and Institute for Genomic Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1801-10. 2012..This regulatory code would have been missed by traditional gene coexpression or cis-regulatory analytic methods. We expect that our meta-analysis tools will be useful for a broad array of problems in systems biology and other fields...
- New insights into honey bee (Apis mellifera) pheromone communication. Is the queen mandibular pheromone alone in colony regulation?Alban Maisonnasse
INRA, UMR 406, Abeilles et Environnement, Laboratoire Biologie et Protection de l abeille, Site Agroparc, 84914, Avignon, France
Front Zool 7:18. 2010..We tested the hypothesis of a pheromone redundancy in honey bee queens by comparing the influence of queens with and without mandibular glands on worker behavior and physiology...
- Modulatory communication signal performance is associated with a distinct neurogenomic state in honey beesCedric Alaux
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6694. 2009..Our results demonstrate for the first time a neurogenomic brain state associated with sending a communication signal and provide suggestive glimpses of molecular roots for motor control...
- Differential gene expression of the honey bee Apis mellifera associated with Varroa destructor infectionM Navajas
INRA, UMR CBGP INRA IRD Cirad Montpellier SupAgro, Campus International de Baillarguet, CS 30016, F 34988 Montferrier sur Lez cedex, France
BMC Genomics 9:301. 2008....
- Alarm pheromone induces immediate-early gene expression and slow behavioral response in honey beesCedric Alaux
Institute for Genomic Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1206 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Chem Ecol 33:1346-50. 2007..Our findings blur the long-standing distinction between primer and releaser pheromone and highlight the pervasiveness of environmental regulation of brain gene expression...