- Skin manifestations associated with toxocariasis: a case-control studyP Humbert
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Besancon, France
Dermatology 201:230-4. 2000..Objective: The purpose of our study was to assess the risk of having a positive Toxocara ELISA test in patients with different cutaneous symptoms...
- [Induced acne]Philippe Humbert
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint Jacques 25030 Besançon
Rev Prat 52:838-40. 2002..Sun exposure, PUVA therapy and ionizing radiation are potentially acneigenous. Finally acne caused by cosmetics includes acne cosmetica, brilliantine and oily creams acne and detergent acne...
- Age-related changes of the cutaneous microcirculation in vivoLi Li
Cutaneous Engineering and Biology Laboratory and IFR 133 Cell and Tissue Engineering and Biology, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Gerontology 52:142-53. 2006..The architectural frameworks of the skin microcirculation are rather complex and change continuously with aging. But these changes are yet poorly documented in vivo...
- Efficacy and safety of a gauze pad containing hyaluronic acid in treatment of leg ulcers of venous or mixed origin: a double-blind, randomised, controlled trialPhilippe Humbert
Service de Dermatologie, CHU de Besancon, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Int Wound J 10:159-66. 2013..HA gauze pad, in local treatment of venous leg ulcers, was significantly more effective than the neutral vehicle on wound size reduction, healed ulcers rate and pain management with a good safety profile...
- Toxic epidermal necrolysisFlorence Castelain
Department of Dermatology, Besancon University Hospital, France
Curr Drug Saf 7:332-8. 2012..Supportive care consist of covering areas of cutaneous detachment. No other therapy has demonstrated its efficiency, but high-dose intravenous immunoglobulin might improve the prognosis...
- In the shadow of the wrinkle: theoriesPhilippe Humbert
Engineering and Cutaneous Biology Team, INSERM UMR 645, IFR 133, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
J Cosmet Dermatol 11:72-8. 2012..The numerous age-related changes in human skin that are supposed to be involved in wrinkling are briefly reviewed, and the current theories on wrinkle formation linked to these changes are also discussed...
- In the shadow of the wrinkle: experimental modelsPhilippe Humbert
Engineering and Cutaneous Biology Team, INSERM UMR 645, IFR 133, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
J Cosmet Dermatol 11:79-83. 2012....
- [Functional consequences of cutaneous lipid perturbation]P Humbert
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Service de Dermatologie, CHU Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:271-4. 2003..Its role in the skin biology appears to be less vital than that of the lipids constituting the permeability barrier of the stratum corneum...
- [What's new in dermatological research?]P Humbert
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Saint Jacques, Universite de Franche Comte, INSERM U645, Besancon, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:S326-34. 2008..Thus, many fields of dermatology were the object of research which opens new prospects for diagnosis and treatment...
- Gluten intolerance and skin diseasesPhilippe Humbert
Department of Dermatology, University of Franche Comte, CHU Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:4-11. 2006..Intestinal biopsy is usually needed to establish the diagnosis of CD or GI. Thus, gluten intolerance gives rise to a variety of dermatological manifestations which may benefit from a gluten-free diet...
- In vivo assessment of iron and ascorbic acid in psoriatic dermisNathalie Leveque
Laboratory of Cutaneous Bioengineering, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Besancon, France
Acta Derm Venereol 84:2-5. 2004..8 +/- 29.0 microg/ml) (p<0.05). These results demonstrate that psoriatic patients exhibit high iron and low ascorbic acid concentrations in the dermis, but there were no significant differences between involved and uninvolved skin...
- Contractile forces generated by striae distensae fibroblasts embedded in collagen latticesCeline Viennet
Engineering and Cutaneous Biology Laboratory, IFR 133, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, 25000 Besancon, France
Arch Dermatol Res 297:10-7. 2005..The contractile properties of fibroblasts from striae distensae varies depending on the stage of the disease. In early striae distensae, fibroblasts acquire a more contractile phenotype, corresponding to that of myofibroblasts...
- Evaluation of a sunscreen photoprotective effect by ascorbic acid assessment in human dermis using microdialysis and gas chromatography mass spectrometryNathalie Leveque
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Exp Dermatol 14:176-81. 2005..The assessment of ascorbic acid and its metabolites in human dermis could be an efficient tool to demonstrate the oxidative process and consequently to control the efficiency of sunscreen creams against undesirable UV effects...
- High iron and low ascorbic acid concentrations in the dermis of atopic dermatitis patientsNathalie Leveque
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Place Saint Jacques, Besancon, France
Dermatology 207:261-4. 2003..Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a chronic inflammatory skin disease in which reactive oxygen species (ROS) may be involved. Iron catalyses ROS formation and ascorbic acid (AA) scavenges these species...
- Age-related changes in skin topography and microcirculationLi Li
Cutaneous Engineering and Biology Laboratory and IFR 133 Cell and Tissue Engineering and Biology, University of Franche Comte, 25030, Besancon, France
Arch Dermatol Res 297:412-6. 2006..The interference fringe profilometry associated with videocapillaroscopy may be useful and accurate to measure the efficacy of medical or cosmetic products to delay skin aging...
- Assessment of principal parabens used in cosmetics after their passage through human epidermis-dermis layers (ex-vivo study)Sawsan El Hussein
Cutaneous Engineering and Biology Laboratory EA 3183, IFR 133, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Exp Dermatol 16:830-6. 2007..This situation provokes the accumulation of these molecules which were considered by some authors as the cause of skin toxicities and carcinogenicity...
- Development and characterization of a human dermal equivalent with physiological mechanical propertiesGwenaël Rolin
Inserm UMR 645 Engineering and Cutaneous Biology Team, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 18:251-8. 2012..Indeed, human skin is naturally under tension. Taking into account these features, the purpose of this work was to obtain a cellularized dermal equivalent (CDE), composed of collagen and dermal fibroblasts...
- Exploratory study of the typology of various grades of mature skinJean Marie Sainthillier
Skinexigence, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 19:e507-14. 2013..Post-menopausal skin aging has intrinsic as well as extrinsic origins, and this process induces important disparities of appearance and feeling within an age range...
- Comparison of ultraviolet B-induced imbalance of antioxidant status in foreskin- and abdominal skin-derived human fibroblastsThibaut Saguet
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, EA 3183, IFR 133 Ingénierie cellulaire et tissulaire, Universite de Franche Comte, 25041 Besançon cedex France
Eur J Dermatol 16:368-74. 2006..These results suggest that AF and FF do not respond to UVB by the same pathway...
- Iron and ascorbic acid concentrations in human dermis with regard to age and body sitesNathalie Leveque
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Gerontology 49:117-22. 2003..Reactive oxygen species (ROS) contribute to processes relating to cutaneous aging. Iron catalyses ROS formation whereas ascorbic acid (AA) plays a fundamental role in defending the organism against undesirable ROS action...
- Assessment of cumulative exposure to UVA through the study of asymmetrical facial skin agingSophie Mac-Mary
Skinexigence SAS, Saint Jacques University Hospital, Besancon, France
Clin Interv Aging 5:277-84. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the visual impact on the skin of repeated ultraviolet-A (UVA) exposure through a window...
- Skin radiance: how to quantify? Validation of an optical methodAdeline Petitjean
Cutaneous Engineering and Biology Laboratory, EA3183 and IFR 133 Cell and Tissue Engineering and Biology, CHU, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 13:2-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to validate an optic device used to measure the quantity of light reflected by the skin, which depends on the brightness of the skin...
- Dermal equivalents in oncology: benefit of one-stage procedureJulien Pauchot
Orthopedic, Traumatology, Plastic Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery Unit, University Hospital of Besancon, Besancon, France
Dermatol Surg 39:43-50. 2013..In oncology, dermal equivalent may be indicated to cover losses of substance related to skin tumors or after the removal of skin flaps...
- Assessment of spray application of Saint GERVAIS water effects on skin wettability by contact angle measurement comparison with bidistilled waterAhmed Elkhyat
Laboratoire d ingénierie, Hopital Saint Jacques, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 10:283-6. 2004..Dry skin is a common form of skin damage. Contact angle 0 between a surface and water is a good indicator of hydrophobic or hydrophilic tendency of surfaces...
- Efficacy of micronutrient supplementation on skin aging and seasonal variation: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studyFerial Fanian
Center for Studies and Research on the Integument CERT, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Besancon, Besancon, France Clinical Investigation Center, CIC BT 506, CHRU Besançon, France
Clin Interv Aging 8:1527-37. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of an oral micronutrient supplement in preventing the negative effects of winter weather on skin quality using noninvasive biometrologic instruments...
- LC-MS determination of oxidized and reduced glutathione in human dermis: a microdialysis studySophie Robin
SARL BIOEXIGENCE, Besancon, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:3599-606. 2011..The limits of detection and quantification were respectively 0.12 and 0.4 ng/ml for GSH and 0.2 and 0.5 ng/ml for GSSG. Intra-day and inter-day accuracy and precision were determined and the variability was less than 6.2% (R.S.D.)...
- Minocycline-induced cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodiesFabien Pelletier
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, 2 Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon, France
Eur J Dermatol 13:396-8. 2003..Auto-immune disorders are frequently observed. Among them, it is very rare to observe cutaneous PAN associated with positive ANCA. The pathophysiological mechanisms are discussed...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in melanoma: our 8-year clinical experience in a single French institute (2002-2009)Caroline Biver-Dalle
Department of Dermatology, Besancon University Hospital, Besancon, France
BMC Dermatol 12:21. 2012..Since the introduction of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB), its use as a standard of care for patients with clinically node-negative cutaneous melanoma remains controversial. We wished to evaluate our experience of SLNB for melanoma...
- Increased levels of circulating microparticles are associated with increased procoagulant activity in patients with cutaneous malignant melanomaClaire Laresche
Service de Dermatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Jean Minjoz, Besancon, France
J Invest Dermatol 134:176-82. 2014..In addition, we observed an inverse correlation between PMPs, AV(+)MPs, and clotting times. Our data suggest that MPs are involved in the progression of melanoma and may be associated to melanoma-associated thrombogenesis. ..
- Cutaneous differences between Black, African or Caribbean Mixed-race and Caucasian women: biometrological approach of the hydrolipidic filmCorinne Fotoh
Department of Dermatology and Laboratory of Engineering and Cutaneous Biology LIBC, INSERM U645, University Hospital of Besancon, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 14:327-35. 2008..We have evaluated the differences in the skin surface properties of three ethnic groups: Black, African or Caribbean Mixed-race and Caucasian women living in defined climatic conditions...
- Use of amniotic membrane transplantation in the treatment of venous leg ulcersIsabelle Mermet
Universite de Franche Comte, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital and Medical School, Besancon, France
Wound Repair Regen 15:459-64. 2007..AM transplantation may thus be considered to be an alternative method for treating chronic leg ulcers...
- Skin capillary network recognition and analysis by means of neural algorithmsJean Marie Sainthillier
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Dermatology Department, University Hospital, Besancon Cedex, France
Skin Res Technol 11:9-16. 2005..Nevertheless, finding capillary loops automatically in an image is a difficult yet important first step in order to achieve microcirculation analysis...
- Primary cutaneous lymphomas: a population-based descriptive study of 71 consecutive cases diagnosed between 1980 and 2003Marie Odile Riou-Gotta
Service de Dermatologie, CHU de Besancon, France
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1537-44. 2008..20 and 0.08, respectively and did not vary significantly from 1980-1984 to 2000-2003. Five-year survival was 64.5% for PCL patients similar to MF patients. Our results provide updated data on the incidence of PCL in France...
- [City/hospital networks for leg ulcers and treatment with ialuset]Philippe Humbert
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Universitaire de Franche Comté, Besancon, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:1231-4. 2002
- Indication of fibroblast apoptosis during the maturation of disc-shaped mechanically stressed collagen latticesJacqueline Bride
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, UFR Medecine Pharmacie, 25030 Besancon, France
Arch Dermatol Res 295:312-7. 2004....
- Assessment of the efficacy and safety of a new treatment for head liceSophie Mac-Mary
Skinexigence, Pavillon Sainte Lucienne, Saint Jacques University Hospital, 25030 Besancon, France
ISRN Dermatol 2012:460467. 2012....
- Pulmonary and cutaneous sarcoidosis associated with interferon therapy for melanomaFabien Pelletier
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besancon, l Université de Franche Comté, France
Cutis 80:441-5. 2007..Other than interferon therapy, sarcoidosis or granulomatosis reactions rarely have been reported in malignant melanoma. We discuss and review the literature on the physiopathology of sarcoidosis brought on by interferon therapy...
- Demodicidosis in a child with xantholeukaemia associated with type 1 neurofibromatosisMouna Benessahraoui
Department of Dermatology, 2 Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Eur J Dermatol 13:311-2. 2003..The eruption cleared after oral and topical metronidazole therapy. Demodicidosis should be included in the differential diagnosis of facial eruption in immunosuppressed children...
- Towards objective evaluation of the skin aspect: principles and instrumentationPatrick Sandoz
Département d Optique PM Duffieux, Institut FEMTO ST, UMR CNRS 6174, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Skin Res Technol 10:263-70. 2004..This work is based on light scattering phenomena and in-vivo measurements of the skin profile and of the skin Bi-directional Reflection Distribution Function (BRDF)...
- Onset or exacerbation of cutaneous psoriasis during TNFalpha antagonist therapyDaniel Wendling
Rheumatology Department, CHU Jean Minjoz, Minjoz Teaching Hospital, Franche Comte University, Boulevard Fleming, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 75:315-8. 2008..Cutaneous psoriasis is an example, of which several cases have been reported...
- Cutaneous manifestations of human toxocariasisBéatrice Gavignet
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Jean Minjoz University Hospital, Besancon, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:1031-42. 2008..In this review, we focus on these particular skin manifestations regarding their clinical description, diagnosis, and treatment...
- Lack of expression of an alternative CD20 transcript variant in circulating B cells from patients with pemphigusClémentine Gamonet
Inserm UMR 1098, Etablissement Français du Sang Bourgogne Franche Comté, Besancon, France
Exp Dermatol 23:66-7. 2014..Further study of RTX non-responders or non-escaping PV patients is thus still required to appreciate whether D393-CD20 expression may be detected under the pressure of RTX therapy. ..
- [Exanthem, erythrodermia]Eve Puzenat
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex
Rev Prat 58:783-8. 2008
- Validation of a microdialysis-gas chromatographic-mass spectrometric method to assess 8-methoxypsoralen in psoriatic patient dermisNathalie Leveque
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Hopital Saint Jacques, Place Saint Jacques, 25030, Cedex, Besancon, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 780:119-27. 2002..The results demonstrated that the association of microdialysis with the GC-MS method was an efficient procedure to collect and assess 8-MOP in human dermis, in vivo...
- [Management of a patient receiving thalidomide]Hélène Brocvielle
Laboratoire d ingénierie et de biologie cutanées, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Besancon
Presse Med 32:1894-8. 2003..The latter limit the long-term use of thalidomide and imply strict rules for its prescription and surveillance (efficient contraception, clinical neurological examinations, electroneurophysiological controls)...
- Comparative study of stress and quality of life in outpatients consulting for different dermatoses in 5 academic departments of dermatologyLaurent Misery
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Brest, Brest, France
Eur J Dermatol 18:412-5. 2008..On the contrary, patients with psoriasis had a very high level of perceived stress and a deeply altered quality of life...
- Phase-unwrapping algorithm for images with high noise content based on a local histogramJaime Meneses
Grupo de Óptica y Tratamiento de Señales, Escuela de Fisica, Universidad Industrial de Santander, A A 678 Bucaramanga, Colombia
Appl Opt 44:1207-15. 2005..The algorithm has been used successfully to unwrap phase images generated in a three-dimensional shape measurement for noninvasive quantification of human skin structure in dermatology, cosmetology, and plastic surgery...
- Geometrical capillary network analysisJean Marie Sainthillier
LIBC Laboratoire d Ingénierie et de Biologie Cutanées, Service de Dermatologie 1, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Besancon Cedex, France
Skin Res Technol 9:312-20. 2003..For characterizing capillary ensembles, the statistical and geometrical properties of the network need to be explored...
- Development of a new sensor based on micro-electro-mechanical systems for objective in vivo measurement of the cutaneous temperature: application to foundationsRodolphe Korichi
LVMH Recherche, 45804 Saint Jean de Braye, France
Skin Res Technol 12:206-10. 2006..Research on this new sensor was carried out to allow the quantification of the thermal properties of the made-up skin...
- Low incidence of polymorphous light eruption in renal transplant recipientsBouteina Benanni
Acta Derm Venereol 87:372-4. 2007
- Effects of cigarette smoking on the skin of womenAdeline Petitjean
J Dermatol Sci 42:259-61. 2006