- Effect of cold ischemia-warm reperfusion on the cirrhotic rat liverPierre Michel Huet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U568, Liver Unit, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Liver Transpl 14:486-93. 2008....
- Bariatric surgery can correct iron depletion in morbidly obese women: a link with chronic inflammationRodolphe Anty
INSERM, U568, Nice, 06107, France
Obes Surg 18:709-14. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationship between iron status and markers of inflammation in morbidly obese women and the effect of bariatric surgery...
- Increased adipose tissue expression of hepcidin in severe obesity is independent from diabetes and NASHSoumeya Bekri
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastroentérologie, EA1186, Faculté Médecine de Nice, Nice, France
Gastroenterology 131:788-96. 2006..We have investigated the possible involvement of hepcidin in massive obesity, a state of chronic low-grade inflammation. Three groups of severely obese patients with or without diabetes or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis were investigated...
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibition protects rat livers from prolonged cold ischemia-warm reperfusion injuryVirginie Defamie
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, UMR6097, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Hepatology 47:177-85. 2008..2%-12%; mean, 3% +/- 2%) (P < 0.05)...
- Fatigue in irritable bowel syndrome: characterization and putative role of leptinThierry Piche
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, CHU, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:237-43. 2007..We aimed to evaluate the occurrence of fatigue and its characteristics in irritable bowel syndrome and to analyze the relationship between fatigue and leptin...
- Serum C-reactive protein: a non-invasive marker of alcoholic hepatitisGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Liver Unit, Hôpital L Archet 2, Nice, France
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1473-9. 2006..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of C-reactive protein (CRP) for alcoholic hepatitis in heavy drinkers...
- The inflammatory C-reactive protein is increased in both liver and adipose tissue in severely obese patients independently from metabolic syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, and NASHRodolphe Anty
INSERM U 568, Nice, France
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1824-33. 2006..Its clinical usefulness in the diagnosis of NASH was evaluated in severely obese patients without or with MS, diabetes, and NASH and the potential roles of the liver and of the adipose tissue in CRP production were characterized...
- Warm ischemia-reperfusion injury is decreased by tacrolimus in steatotic rat liverMarina Laurens
Laboratoire de Recherches Chirurgicales, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Liver Transpl 12:217-25. 2006..The correlations between ATP levels and the opposite changes in necrosis and apoptotic pathways strongly suggest a cause-effect relationship between tacrolimus and changes in ATP levels...
- [Invasive diagnosis of portal hypertension in cirrhosis: a critical evaluation of the hepatic venous pressure gradient measurement]Geoffroy Vanbiervliet
Fédération des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital de l Archet 2, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:988-96. 2005..But again there are conflicting results...
- Microcirculation of the aging liver: is getting old like having cirrhosis?Pierre Michel Huet
Hepatology 42:1248-51. 2005