- Evaluation of the intra- and inter-specific genetic variability of Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenaseArthur M Talman
Unité d Epidémiologie Moléculaire, Institut Pasteur in Cambodia 5 Boulevard Monivong BP983, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia
Malar J 6:140. 2007..However a characterization of the efficiency of these tests and the proteins they detect is needed to maximize RDT sensitivity...
- Shelf life of predosed plates containing mefloquine, artemisinin, dihydroartemisinin, and artesunate as used for in vitro Plasmodium falciparum susceptibility assessmentSandrine Houze
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Centre National de Référence du Paludisme, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, and Universite Paris Descartes, EA 209, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:2734-6. 2007..The shelf life of mefloquine was 8 weeks at 25 degrees C; and those of artesunate, artemisinin, and dihydroartemisinin were a minimum of 24, 12, and 8 weeks, respectively, at 4 degrees C...
- Evaluation of the Clearview® Malaria pLDH Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test in a non-endemic settingSandrine Houze
Laboratory of Parasitology, Malaria National Reference Centre, AP HP, Bichat Hospital, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Malar J 10:284. 2011..Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) are widely used to diagnose malaria. The present study evaluated a new RDT, the Clearview® Malaria pLDH test targeting the pan-Plasmodium antigen lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH)...
- Combined deletions of pfhrp2 and pfhrp3 genes result in Plasmodium falciparum malaria false-negative rapid diagnostic testSandrine Houze
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:2694-6. 2011..Genetic tests showed the deletion of both pfhrp2 and pfhrp3 genes. The detection of two distinct P. falciparum target antigens is then advisable...
- PfHRP2 and PfLDH antigen detection for monitoring the efficacy of artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) in the treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malariaSandrine Houze
Parasitology Laboratory EA209, AP HP, Bichat C, Bernard Hospital, Paris Descartes University, 75018 Paris, France
Malar J 8:211. 2009....
- Can treatment of malaria be restricted to parasitologically confirmed malaria? A school-based study in Benin in children with and without feverJean François Faucher
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD UMR 216 Mother and Child face to tropical infections, Paris, France
Malar J 9:104. 2010....
- Severe imported Plasmodium falciparum malaria, France, 1996-2003Elise Seringe
University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:807-13. 2011..Pretravel advice should take into account these factors and promote the use of antimalarial chemoprophylaxis for every traveler, with a particular focus on nonimmune travelers and elderly persons...
- Chimpanzee malaria parasites related to Plasmodium ovale in AfricaLinda Duval
Laboratoire de Biologie fonctionnelle des protozoaires, USM 504, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5520. 2009..ovale strains isolated from humans. This study provides the first evidence of possibility of natural cross-species exchange of P. ovale between humans and chimpanzees of the subspecies Pan t. troglodytes...
- Prolonged Plasmodium falciparum infection in immigrants, ParisEric D'Ortenzio
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:323-6. 2008..falciparum infection in immigrant travelers. Results suggest that P. falciparum infection should be systematically suspected, even months after travel, especially in pregnant women and first-arrival immigrants...
- Imported amoebic liver abscess in franceHugues Cordel
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Avicenne Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Paris 13 University, Paris, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2333. 2013..Worldwide, amoebic liver abscess (ALA) can be found in individuals in non-endemic areas, especially in foreign-born travelers...