Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Evidence of a tonotopic organization of the auditory cortex in cochlear implant usersJeanne Guiraud
CNRS UMR 5020, Neurosciences and Sensorial Systems Laboratory, Lyon, F 69000, France
J Neurosci 27:7838-46. 2007..Hence, the pattern of N1 variation likely reflects how frequencies are coded in the brain...
- [Auditory neuropathy: clinical presentation of seven cases and review of the literature]E Truy
Département d ORL, de Chirurgie Cervico Maxillo Faciale et d Audiophonologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, place d Arsonval 69437 Lyon Cedex 03
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 122:303-14. 2005....
- [Language comprehension by children with profound congenital deafness after cochlear implant]E Truy
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Departement ORL, Lyon, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 119:271-5. 1998..The main conclusion of this study is that language comprehension scores grow significantly higher over time post-surgery in CI than in paired-matched non-CI children, despite better initial pure tone audiometric thresholds of the latter...
- Neuro-functional imaging and profound deafnessE Truy
Departement ORL, Hopital Edouard Herriot, and UPRESA 5020, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Lyon, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 47:131-6. 1999....
- Vibrant soundbridge surgery: evaluation of transcanal surgical approachesEric Truy
Département d ORL, de Chirurgie Maxillo Cervico Faciale et d Audiophonologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Otol Neurotol 27:887-95. 2006..e., facial palsy and/or taste disturbance. The purpose of this study is to develop and compare transcanal surgical approaches for leading the VSB into the middle ear...
- [Cochlear implantation in children]E Truy
Département d ORL, programme d implantation cochléaire pédiatrique et adulte, centre hospitalier et universitaire de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Arch Pediatr 10:554-64. 2003
- Hydroxyapatite versus titanium ossiculoplastyEric Truy
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Phoniatrics, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Otol Neurotol 28:492-8. 2007..To compare the results of ossicular chain reconstruction using hydroxyapatite (HA) and titanium (TI) prostheses...
- The binaural digisonic cochlear implant: surgical techniqueEric Truy
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Otol Neurotol 23:704-9. 2002..This article describes the Binaural Digisonic system, the surgical technique as developed by postmortem dissection, and the first two implantations in patients...
- [Evaluation of 3D imaging software to study computed tomography images of middle ear defects]E Truy
Département d ORL, de chirurgie cervicomaxillofaciale et d audiophonologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Pavillon U, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 126:243-9. 2009..Evaluate the contribution of original 3D reconstruction software based on the principle of region growing segmentation of CT images to diagnosis of ossicular malformations of the middle ear...
- Vibrant soundbridge versus conventional hearing aid in sensorineural high-frequency hearing loss: a prospective studyEric Truy
Département d ORL, Hopital Edouard Herriot, UMR CNRS 5020, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
Otol Neurotol 29:684-7. 2008..The present study was aimed to compare gain and speech intelligibility measured in quiet and in noise between the Signia hearing aid and the Vibrant Soundbridge (VSB), both devices using the same sound processing technology...
- Comprehension of language in congenitally deaf children with and without cochlear implantsE Truy
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Département d ORL, Lyon, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 45:83-9. 1998..The main conclusion is that receptive language scores grow significantly higher over time after surgery in CI than in pair-matched non-CI children, despite better initial pure tone audiometric thresholds of the latter...
- Differential recruitment of the speech processing system in healthy subjects and rehabilitated cochlear implant patientsA L Giraud
Laboratoire de Neurosciences et Systèmes Sensoriels, CNRS, Hopital Edouard Herriot, CERMEP, Lyon, France
Brain 123:1391-402. 2000..These differences in the recruitment of the speech comprehension system reflect the alternative neural strategies that permit speech comprehension after cochlear implantation...
- Effects of auditory pathway anatomy and deafness characteristics? Part 2: On electrically evoked late auditory responsesJeanne Guiraud
CNRS UMR 5020, Neurosciences and Sensorial Systems Laboratory, University Lyon 1, and Department of Audiology and Otorhinolaryngology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon, France
Hear Res 228:44-57. 2007..Hear. Res. 223 (1-2), 48-60] shows that, while ELAR and EABR latencies are related with parameters that reflect the integrity of the auditory pathway, ELAR latency is less dependent on stimulation parameters than EABR latency...
- [Genetic deafness:the primary cause of sensorineural hearing loss in children]G Lina-Granade
, de chirurgie cervicofaciale et d'audiophonologie, , 69437 Lyon, France
Arch Pediatr 8:308-12. 2001..Analysis of the connexin 26 gene is also indicated, as it is frequently involved in this disorder. Further genetic analysis in affected families will aid in detecting other as yet unidentified genes responsible for hearing impairment...
- Relationship between NRT measurements and behavioral levels in children with the Nucleus 24 cochlear implant may change over time: preliminary reportH Thai-Van
ENT Department, Lyon Pediatric Cochlear Implant Program, Edouard Herriot University Hospital, CNRS UMR 5020, Lyon, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 58:153-62. 2001..The purpose of this study was to assess, in children, the correlation between the neural response threshold and the behavioral levels used for cochlear implant programming process...
- [Binaural cochlear implantation: general concept, surgical technique and electrophysiology]E Truy
Département d ORL, de Chirurgie Cervico Faciale et d Audiophonologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5, place d Arsonval 69003 Lyon, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 119:150-8. 2002..In our patients, results have demonstrated that neural response properties in auditory pathways are negatively related to duration of deafness...
- Loudness growth functions and EABR characteristics in Digisonic cochlear implanteesS Gallego
CNRS UPRESA 5020 Laboratory, Ed Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Acta Otolaryngol 119:234-8. 1999....
- The pattern of auditory brainstem response wave V maturation in cochlear-implanted childrenHung Thai-Van
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, F 69003, France
Clin Neurophysiol 118:676-89. 2007..The pattern of EABR maturation over the first 2 years of cochlear implant use was compared with the normal pattern of ABR maturation in hearing children...
- Fully implantable hearing device as a new treatment of conductive hearing loss in Franceschetti syndromeStephane Tringali
Service d Oto neurochirurgie, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:513-7. 2008....
- Auditory steady-state response evaluation of auditory thresholds in cochlear implant patientsMikael Ménard
Laboratoire Neurosciences et Systemes Sensoriels, CNRS UMR 5020, Lyon, France
Int J Audiol 43:S39-43. 2004..The results obtained thus demonstrated the efficacy of the approach and are encouraging for further advances in cochlear implant applications...
- Otologics middle ear transducer with contralateral conventional hearing aid in severe sensorineural hearing loss: evolution during the first 24 monthsStephane Tringali
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Department of Otology and Oto neurosurgery, F 69495 Pierre Bénite, France
Otol Neurotol 31:630-6. 2010..To report the audiometric outcomes of patients with severe sensorineural hearing loss and who have been fitted with a Middle Ear Transducer (MET) on one side and fitted with an optimized conventional hearing aid on the other side...
- Modeling the relationship between psychophysical perception and electrically evoked compound action potential threshold in young cochlear implant recipients: clinical implications for implant fittingHung Thai-Van
CNRS UMR 5020, IFR 19, Institut Federatif des Neurosciences de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon I, France
Clin Neurophysiol 115:2811-24. 2004....
- [Revision ossiculoplasty: anatomical and functional results]M Folia
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico Faciale et d Audiophonologie, Lyon, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 127:121-5. 2006..To analyse the anatomical and functional results after second-look ossiculoplasty using Titanium (TI) and Hydroxyapatite (HA) prosthesis and to study the prognostic factors for good functional results...
- Electrophysiological findings in two bilateral cochlear implant cases: does the duration of deafness affect electrically evoked auditory brain stem responses?Hung Thai-Van
Department of Audiology, CNRS UMR 5020, Edouard Herriot University Hospital, Lyon, France
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 111:1008-14. 2002..Poor EABRs on one ear possibly result from the total duration of deafness in this ear and/or compensation by the other ear...
- Progressive deafness preceding a basilar artery thrombosisJ Jung
Department of Neurology, The Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 17:268-70. 2004
- [Labyrinthitis, or inflammatory pseudotumor after stapedectomy]C Pavillon-Maisonnier
Service d ORL, de chirurgie cervicomaxillofaciale et d audiophonologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 124:322-5. 2007..To describe an extensive pseudotumor as a complication of stapes surgery...
- Effects of auditory pathway anatomy and deafness characteristics? (1): On electrically evoked auditory brainstem responsesJeanne Guiraud
CNRS UMR 5020, Neurosciences and Sensorial Systems Laboratory, 50 avenue Tony Garnier, 69366 Lyon Cedex, University Lyon 1, Lyon F 69003, France
Hear Res 223:48-60. 2007..The possible explanations for the latency shift observed, whether they are anatomical and/or pathological, are exposed...
- A middle ear implant, the Symphonix Vibrant Soundbridge: retrospective study of the first 125 patients implanted in FranceOlivier Sterkers
Hôpital Beaujon AP HP, INSERM EMI U0112, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris, Clichy, France
Otol Neurotol 24:427-36. 2003..A retrospective study was performed to assess the overall level of satisfaction of implanted patients and to investigate the potential determinants of postoperative success...
- Cochlear implantation in prelingually deafened children with residual hearingMichel Mondain
ENT Department, Hopital Gui de Chauliac, CHU Montpellier, 34295 Cedex 5, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:91-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the speech perception skills of prelingually deafened French children with preoperative residual hearing who received multichannel cochlear implants...
- Benefit of the Vibrant Soundbridge device in patients implanted for 5 to 8 yearsIsabelle Mosnier
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d ORL, Clichy, France
Ear Hear 29:281-4. 2008..To assess audiological performance, satisfaction rate, and side effects of 100 patients who have been using the middle ear implant Vibrant Soundbridge (VSB) for 5 to 8 yr when compared with data collected from 3 to 18 mo postsurgery...
- [Followup of the normal newborn, child and adolescent. 3rd Part: Screening for hearing disorders]Hung Thai-Van
UMR CNRS 5020, Laboratoire Neurosciences et Systemes Sensoriels, 69007 Lyon
Rev Prat 53:1225-31. 2003
- Visual speech circuits in profound acquired deafness: a possible role for latent multimodal connectivityHyo Jeong Lee
Inserm U742 F 75005 Paris, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 F 75005 Paris, France
Brain 130:2929-41. 2007..We suggest that functional compensation of sensory deprivation does not require slowly progressive colonization of superior temporal regions by visual inputs, but can exploit a switch to pre-existing latent multimodal connectivity...
- Results of the MXM Digisonic auditory brainstem implant clinical trials in EuropeChristophe Vincent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Lille, Lille, France
Otol Neurotol 23:56-60. 2002..To assess the potential benefit of the MXM auditory brainstem implant for patients with neurofibromatosis type 2...
- The contribution of visual areas to speech comprehension: a PET study in cochlear implants patients and normal-hearing subjectsAnne Lise Giraud
Physiology Department, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuropsychologia 40:1562-9. 2002..This suggests that specific cross-modal interaction involving advanced stages in the visual processing hierarchy develops after cochlear implantation and may be the correlate of increased usage of lip-reading...