Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- ["Thyroidectomy" becoming excessive surgery?]J L Peix
Ann Chir 127:85-7. 2002
- [Impact of laparoscopy on the management of adrenal diseases. A retrospective study of 220 patients]J C Lifante
Service de Chirurgie endocrinienne et digestive, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165, rue du grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite
Ann Chir 130:547-52. 2005..Soon after its introduction in 1992, laparoscopic adrenalectomy became the gold standard in the surgical management of most adrenal tumors. The aim of this study was to assess the influence of laparoscopy on surgical indications...
- [Prophylactic thyroidectomy in medullary thyroid cancer]Jean Louis Peix
Chirurgie Digestive et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165, chemin du grand Revoyet 69495 Pierre Bénite cedex
Bull Acad Natl Med 196:1247-58; discussion 1258-60. 2012..Regardless of the mutation, all patients with a normal preoperative calcitonin level were cured. However, surgery was performed later than recommended, for various reasons, including late genetic diagnosis and parents' opposition...
- Results of combined treatment of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC)Olfa Derbel
University of Lyon Léon Bérard Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 11:469. 2011..Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC) is among the most aggressive human malignancies. It is associated with a high rate of local recurrence and with poor prognosis...
- [Surgical treatment in primary hyperaldosteronism]J C Lifante
Service de chirurgie endocrinienne et générale, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 1, place de l Antiquaille, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 53:158-60. 2004..All patients had unilateral adrenalectomy, and only one required conversion to conventional laparotomy. There were no deaths and complications were rare...
- [Cervical lymph node dissection and thyroid carcinoma]J L Peix
Service de Chirurgie Generale, hôpital de l Antiquaille, 69321 Lyon 05, France
Ann Chir 128:468-74. 2003..Lymphadenectomy of a compartment should be complete, reoperations leading to an important morbidity. The two main complications of cervical lymph node dissection are inferior laryngeal nerve palsy and hypoparathyroidism...
- [Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in children and adolescents: therapeutic strategy according to clinic presentation]S Causeret
Service de Chirurgie Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Ann Chir 129:359-64. 2004..The aim of this retrospective study was to propose a therapeutic strategy according to clinic and pathologic presentations, in differentiated thyroid carcinoma in patients less than 20 years of age...
- [Laparoscopic pancreatic resections]J Y Mabrut
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et de la transplantation hépatique, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon 04, France
Ann Chir 128:425-32. 2003..Pancreatic related complication rate (fistula and collection) is 15% when using pancreatic transection with a laparoscopic endostappler...
- [Surgical treatment of thyroid nodules. The immediate results after different thyroidectomy methods]F Varcus
Service de Chirurgie, hôpital de l Antiquaille, Lyon, France
Chirurgia (Bucur) 97:433-40. 2002..However, the surgeon should take into account the patient survey capacity and the discomfort produced by life substitutive treatment...
- [Acute pancreatitis after bilateral laparoscopic adrenalectomy in patients with ectopic ACTH syndrome]P Cougard
, , rue du Faubourg-Raines, 21033 Dijon, France
Ann Chir 126:336-8. 2001..Two reasons may be suspected: the difficulty of dissection in such patients and the specific morbidity in relation to hypercorticism...
- [Indications for sternotomy in thyroid surgery. Evolution over 20 years' experience]J C Lifante
Service de Chirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex
J Chir (Paris) 144:221-4. 2007..Sternotomy is only rarely indicated in thyroid surgery. It adds moderately to hospital stay but does not increase morbidity when compared to the cervical approach...
- Hürthle cell thyroid carcinoma metastatic to the sigmoid colonW Arnous
Fédération d Endocrinologie et Centre de Médecine Nucléaire, Hopital Neurologique, Bron Cedex, France
Thyroid 17:169-73. 2007..The interest of different imaging modalities, including fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography scan and somatostatin receptor scintigraphy, is discussed...
- [Low-risk papillary thyroid cancer. What is the procedure of choice for thyroidectomy and lymph node resection?]P Cougard
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, Hopital General, CHU de Dijon, 3 rue du Faubourg Raines, 21033 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 130:411-3. 2005
- [Is preoperative localization of insulinomas necessary?]J Y Mabrut
Service de Chirurgie, hôpital de l Antiquaille, 1, rue de l Antiquaille, 69321 Lyon, France
Ann Chir 126:850-6. 2001..To appreciate the impact of preoperative localization in surgical treatment of insulinomas...
- [Current management of pheochromocytoma: about 50 cases]S Cherki
Service de Chirurgie Generale, hôpital de l Antiquaille, 1, rue de l Antiquaille, 69321 cedex 05, Lyon, France
Ann Chir 128:232-6. 2003..The aim of this retrospective study was to assess our experience of the laparoscopic surgery of pheochromocytoma. We report indications and results of laparoscopic and open adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma...
- [Results of tracheal or esophageal resections in invasive thyroid carcinomas]J C Lifante
, , rue de l'Antiquaille, 69321 Lyon, France
Ann Chir 126:236-41. 2001..Anaplastic carcinomas have a poor prognosis; complete resection is indicated only for selected patients; radiotherapy and chemotherapy are used, because surgery is often impossible...