Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- [Therapeutic innovations in the management of peritoneal carcinomatosis from digestive origin: cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy]O Glehen
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Thoracique et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, Cedex France
Rev Med Interne 27:382-91. 2006..Peritoneal carcinomatosis and particularly those from digestive origin has long been considered as an automatically terminal disease in abdominal cancer patients...
- Toward curative treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from nonovarian origin by cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: a multi-institutional study of 1,290 patientsOlivier Glehen
Surgical Oncology Department, Lyon Civil Hospices, South Lyon University Hospital Center, Lyon, France
Cancer 116:5608-18. 2010..Over the past decade, new locoregional therapeutic approaches combining cytoreductive surgery with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (PIC) have evolved that have demonstrated improved survival...
- [Hepatic artery aneurysms]O Glehen
Service de Chirurgie Générale et Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Ann Chir 126:26-33. 2001..The aim of this retrospective study was to report a series of nine aneurysms of the hepatic arteries, including real aneurysms (n = 4), pseudoaneurysms (n = 3) and false aneurysms (n = 2) observed from 1987 to 1999...
- Spontaneous dissection of the celiac arteryO Glehen
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale et Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Ann Vasc Surg 15:687-92. 2001..However, some patients with uncomplicated asymptomatic lesions may be eligible for medical treatment with regular surveillance...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastric cancer: a multi-institutional study of 159 patients treated by cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapyOlivier Glehen
Departement de Chirurgie Generale, Thoracique et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2370-7. 2010..New locoregional therapeutic approaches combining cytoreductive surgery with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (PIC) have evolved and suggest improved survival...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy: nomenclature and modalities of perfusionOlivier Glehen
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
J Surg Oncol 98:242-6. 2008..Today, the best technique is the one which is routinely used and improved into each specialized institution involved in the management of peritoneal surface malignancy...
- Iterative procedures combining cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal recurrence: postoperative and long-term resultsNicolas Golse
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Chirurgie Générale Thoracique et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
J Surg Oncol 106:197-203. 2012..Isolated peritoneal recurrence may be treated by iterative procedures. The aim of this study was to evaluate immediate postoperative and long-term results after iterative CRS-HIPEC...
- Closed abdomen hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with irinotecan and mitomycin C: a phase I studyEddy Cotte
Department of Digestive Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2599-603. 2011..The objective of this phase I study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose of irinotecan (CPT-11) when used with mitomycin C (MMC) for closed abdomen HIPEC...
- Natural history of peritoneal carcinomatosis from nongynecologic malignanciesOlivier Glehen
Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Surgical Department, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:729-39, xiii. 2003..The rapid progression of this disease state and the dependence of benefit upon complete cytoreduction suggests a need for early interventions in selected patients...
- Progression following neoadjuvant systemic chemotherapy may not be a contraindication to a curative approach for colorectal carcinomatosisGuillaume Passot
Surgical Oncology Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Ann Surg 256:125-9. 2012..The objective of this retrospective study was to evaluate the influence of neoadjuvant systemic chemotherapy on patients with colorectal carcinomatosis before a curative procedure...
- [Malignant primary peritoneal tumors]Eddy Cotte
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Thoracique et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, F 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Presse Med 38:1814-22. 2009..The management of these diseases should be done into specialized centers, included into national network (RENAPE), because of specificity and complexicity of treatments and to facilitate clinical and fundamental research on rare disease...
- Incomplete cytoreduction in 174 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from appendiceal malignancyOlivier Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Ann Surg 240:278-85. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyze the survival of patients with peritoneal dissemination of appendiceal malignancy having incomplete cytoreductive surgery...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemo-hyperthermia for chemo-resistant and recurrent advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: prospective study of 81 patientsEddy Cotte
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
World J Surg 31:1813-20. 2007..Locoregional treatments combining cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia (HIPEC) may improve survival for locoregional disease...
- Intraperitoneal treatment with dimethylthioampal (DIMATE) combined with surgical debulking is effective for experimental peritoneal carcinomatosis in a rat modelOlivier Monneuse
Service de Chirurgie Digestive d Urgence, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
J Gastrointest Surg 9:769-74. 2005..It appears to be a promising therapeutic agent to be investigated in a human phase I trial in peritoneal carcinomatosis...
- Treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis in patients with digestive cancers with combination of intraperitoneal hyperthermia and mitomycin CAnnie C Sayag-Beaujard
Department of Digestive Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitarie Lyon Sud, 69495, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 91:E113-32. 2004..In conclusion, IPCH appears to be an interesting therapeutic option in patients with digestive cancers and small malignant peritoneal granulations (stage 1 and 2)...
- Gastric adenocarcinoma treated with R0-R1 surgical resection and intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) plus external beam radiation therapy (EBRT)Olivier Glehen
FA 643, Universite Claude Bernard, Surgical Department, CHLS, Lyon, France
Suppl Tumori 2:S51-3. 2003
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cisplatinum during hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy using a closed abdominal procedureEddy Cotte
Department of Digestive Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
J Clin Pharmacol 51:9-18. 2011..This work is the basis of further studies. Notably, studies including new patients will analyze the impact of abdominal cavity volume and the variation of the abdominal pressure during HIPEC on the pharmacokinetics of cisplatinum...
- Management of peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal cancer: current state of practiceEddy Cotte
Surgical Oncology Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
Cancer J 15:243-8. 2009..The development and validation of novel protocols and guidelines will allow surgeons and oncologists who discover colorectal carcinomatosis to treat these patients effectively...
- Clinical research methodology in peritoneal surface oncology: a difficult challengeFrancois Noel Gilly
HCL, Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Recent Results Cancer Res 169:91-8. 2007
- Quantitative prognostic indicators of peritoneal surface malignancy: carcinomatosis, sarcomatosis, and peritoneal mesotheliomaOlivier Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:649-71. 2003..Preoperative and intraoperative assessment of peritoneal surface malignancy will improve patient selection. Now more than ever, postoperative distribution and volume assessments using noninvasive modalities are needed for follow-up...
- [Peritoneal carcinomatosis. Surgical treatment, peritonectomy and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia]Olivier Glehen
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale et Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:210-5. 2002
- Intraperitoneal bevacizumab combined with cytoreductive surgery: a pre-clinical study of tolerance and pharmacokinetics in an animal modelGuillaume Passot
EMR 3738, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon, Lyon, France
Clin Transl Oncol 14:931-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety of the combination of CRS with IP bevacizumab and to determine the pharmacokinetics of the drug in a rabbit model...
- Intraperitoneal cytokine level in patients with peritoneal surface malignancies. A study of the RENAPE (French Network for Rare Peritoneal Malignancies)Virginie Vlaeminck-Guillem
Molecular Oncology and Transfer Unit, Department of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2655-62. 2013..Our objective was to evaluate intraperitoneal levels of IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, TNF-alpha, and sICAM in patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei and peritoneal mesothelioma...
- Any clinical benefit from the use of oncofoetal markers in the management of chemotherapy for patients with metastatic colorectal carcinomas?V Trillet-Lenoir
Medical Oncology Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 16:196-203. 2004..Computed tomography (CT) is the reference technique for evaluating response to chemotherapy. The potential helpfulness of tumour markers is debated...
- Peritonectomy combined with intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia in abdominal cancer with peritoneal carcinomatosis: phase I-II studyF N Gilly
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, France
Anticancer Res 19:2317-21. 1999....
- MRI evaluation of bulky tumor masses in the mesentery and bladder involvement in peritoneal carcinomatosisF Cotton
Service de Radiologie, MRI Center, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:1212-6. 2006..Consequently a proper selection of patients is necessary. We evaluated the benefit of MRI prior to surgery, in the detection of two of the main surgery contraindications: bulky mesenteric tumors and bladder implants...
- [Desmoid tumors in familial adenomatous polyposis]Eddy Cotte
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale et Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:574-81. 2004
- Laparoscopic total colectomy: Does the indication influence the outcome?Eddy Cotte
Eddy Cotte, Yves François, Olivier Glehen, Department of Digestive Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
World J Gastrointest Surg 3:177-82. 2011..To assess and compare outcomes of laparoscopic total colectomy performed for a variety of indications...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis in digestive cancers: cytoreductive surgery combined with intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia. The experience in Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Lyon Sud (CHLS)O Glehen
Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Lyon Sud, HCL, 69495, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Acta Chir Belg 106:285-90. 2006..The CHLS experience, as well as the Dutch randomized trial and the international registration, underline the advantage of such an aggressive combined therapy for selected patients in experienced multidisciplinary centers...
- [Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis arising from gastric cancer]E Cotte
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Thoracique et Endocrinienne, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Cancer Radiother 12:653-8. 2008..These results have to be confirmed by european randomised studies...
- Enteral immunotherapy in the treatment of chronic enterocolitis in interleukin-10-deficient miceOlivier Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Laboratoire Hyperthermie Oncologie EA 643, Universite Lyon 1, France
Hepatogastroenterology 50:670-5. 2003..In a randomized, prospective, comparative study, we evaluated the effect of local, endoluminal immunotherapy by duodenal injection of mouse recombinant IL-10 (rm IL-10), in IL-10 ko mice with chronic enterocolitis; the first of its kind...
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a French multicentric study of 301 patients treated with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapyD Elias
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:456-62. 2010..To analyze a large series of patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) treated with cytoreductive surgery associated with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (PIC) in 18 French-speaking centers...
- New perspectives in the management of colorectal cancer: what about peritoneal carcinomatosis?O Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Scand J Surg 92:178-9. 2003
- Primary squamous-cell carcinoma of the rectum: report of six cases and review of the literatureThomas Gelas
Département de chirurgie viscérale, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1535-40. 2002..Squamous-cell carcinoma is a rare pathologic curiosity. Since 1943, only 18 cases have been described in the medical literature. The aim of this study was to report retrospectively six new cases and to review the medical literature...
- Pharmacology of cytotoxic agents: a helpful tool for building dose adjustment guidelines in the elderlyBrigitte Tranchand
Centre Léon Bérard EA Therapeutic Targeting in Oncology, Lyon, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 48:199-214. 2003..The so-called "population modeling" approach renders such studies feasible by allowing the analysis of PK-PD relationships from sparse observational data...
- Natural history of peritoneal carcinomatosis from digestive originJ C Lifante
Lyon 1 University, Surgical Department, Centre Hopitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Cancer Treat Res 134:119-29. 2007
- Capecitabine, irinotecan, oxaliplatin (CAPIRINOX) and concomitant irradiation in advanced rectal cancer: the Lyon R-02-01 phase I trialP Heudel
Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, France
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 20:369-74. 2008..To determine the feasibility of radiotherapy-associated capecitabine, irinotecan and oxaliplatin administration at five dose levels for the treatment of locally advanced rectal cancer, with or without metastasis...
- [Segmental resection of tumoral invasion of the inferior vena cava without reconstruction]J C Lifante
, centre hospitalier universitaire Lyon-Sud, , France
Ann Chir 126:46-50. 2001..One patient died from cancer recurrence after 19 months. The other 3 patients were alive with anticoagulant therapy and without sequelae after 3, 6 and 15 years...
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei: role of 18F-FDG PET in preoperative evaluation of pathological grade and potential for complete cytoreductionG Passot
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:315-23. 2010..For pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP), survival depends on pathological grade and completeness of cytoreductive surgery. The aim of the study was to assess the ability of preoperative 18F-FDG PET to determine these 2 prognosis indicators...
- Quantitative prognostic indices in peritoneal carcinomatosisF N Gilly
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:597-601. 2006..Combinations of these to achieve a complete description of peritoneal lesions prior to and following treatment assist in a correct prognostic assessment for these patients and in a selection of treatment options...
- Hyperthermia modifies pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of intraperitoneal melphalan in a rat modelO Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:79-84. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of hyperthermia on the pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of intraperitoneal melphalan in a rodent model...
- A review of peritoneal mesothelioma at the Washington Cancer InstitutePaul H Sugarbaker
Program in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy, Washington Cancer Institute, 110 Irving St, NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:605-21, xi. 2003..Female patients had a significantly better prognosis than males. The other significant predictive factors of survival were: age, diagnosis by incidental findings, tumor extent, pathology, and completeness of cytoreduction...
- Optimizing the factors which modify thermal enhancement of melphalan in a spontaneous murine tumorFaheez Mohamed
The Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, 106 Irving Street, NW, 3900N, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:719-24. 2006..Factors that may modify the thermal enhancement of melphalan were studied to optimize its clinical use with hyperthermia...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis from digestive tract cancer: new management by cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermiaOlivier Glehen
Surgical Department of Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Lancet Oncol 5:219-28. 2004..IPCH combined with cytoreductive surgery seems to be an effective therapeutic approach in carefully selected patients, and offers a chance for cure or palliation in this condition with few alternative treatment options...
- Cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia for the treatment of pseudomyxoma peritonei: a prospective studyRasmy Loungnarath
Department of Colon and Rectum Surgery, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Saint Luc, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1372-9. 2005..Recently, cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy has emerged as a promising treatment for this debilitating condition. The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate this treatment strategy...
- [Surgical treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with reduction surgery and perioperative chemotherapy]Franck Zinzindohoue
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, générale et oncologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 58:940-3. 2008..An organ resection should thus be performed. The patient is then referred to a specialized center, either within the ten days following the procedure, or after three months, most of the time after an adjuvant therapy...
- In vitro thermochemotherapy of colon cancer cell lines with irinotecan alone and combined with mitomycin CSébastien Le Page
Oncologic Hyperthermia Laboratory EA 3738, Université C B Lyon 1, Oullins, France
Hepatogastroenterology 53:693-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the cytotoxic effect of CPT-11 alone and in combination with mitomycin C (MMC) and hyperthermia on three colorectal cancer cell lines: CACO-2, HT-29, and DHD/K12/TRb (PROb)...
- Improved sphincter preservation in low rectal cancer with high-dose preoperative radiotherapy: the lyon R96-02 randomized trialJean Pierre Gerard
Department of Radiotherapy, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 22:2404-9. 2004..The aim of this trial was to evaluate the role of escalating the dose of preoperative radiation to increase sphincter-saving procedures...
- Docetaxel and hyperthermia: factors that modify thermal enhancementFaheez Mohamed
The Washington Cancer Institute, NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
J Surg Oncol 88:14-20. 2004..Factors that may modify the thermal enhancement of docetaxel were studied to optimize its clinical use with hyperthermia...