Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Groshong or implanted catheter infections in ambulatory haematological patientsRaphaelle Girard
Hygiene and Epidemiology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
J Infect Public Health 3:134-41. 2010..These results, consistent with other studies, are not only useful in validating prevention policy but also in demonstrating lack of catheter traceability...
- Field test comparison of two dermal tolerance assessment methods of hand hygiene productsR Girard
Hygiene and Epidemiology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Hosp Infect 69:181-5. 2008..In conclusion, the self-assessment method was considered more suitable for pilot testing, although further time should be allocated for educational measures as the return rate of complete self-assessment forms was poor...
- Tolerance and acceptability of 14 surgical and hygienic alcohol-based hand rubsR Girard
Hygiene and Epidemiology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite Cedex, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Hosp Infect 63:281-8. 2006..As these field tests involving many participants did not identify any superior products, previous purchase orders were renewed...
- [Screening for bacteriuria in diabetic patients. Is it possible to stop systematic urine cytobacteriological testing?]R Girard
Unité d Hygiène et Epidémiologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:219-22. 2006..Bacteriuria was considered significant if the laboratory test result gave, at least 10(5) bacteria per mL, (one strain), and at least 10(4) leucocytes. The out point was the dipstick negative predictive value (NPV)...
- High prevalence of nosocomial infections in rehabilitation units accounted for by urinary tract infections in patients with spinal cord injuryR Girard
Unité d Hygiène et Epidémiologie, Pavillon 1M, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69395 Pierre Bénite cedex, France
J Hosp Infect 62:473-9. 2006..The high rate of NIs, especially UTIs, in SCI patients was not due to an independent effect of SCI but was probably due to the high number of risk factors. These high-risk patients need targeted NI surveillance...
- [Monoarthritis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes after nasal septoplasty: interest of the nasal decontamination in preoperative care]S Gardes
Unité d hygiène et d épidémiologie, Groupement Hospitalier Sud, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Med Mal Infect 40:548-51. 2010..This patient was operated for a reduction of this fracture with septoplasty. Twelve hours after the intervention the patient presented septic arthritis due to Streptococcus pyogenes. The tracks of prevention are presented...
- Detecting related cases of bloodstream infections using time-interval distribution modellingH Charvat
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Biostatistique, Lyon, France
J Hosp Infect 74:250-7. 2010..The threshold values then ranged from 8 days (S. pneumoniae) to 67 days (Streptococcus pyogenes). The approach proved promising though further refinements are needed before routine use...
- Better compliance and better tolerance in relation to a well-conducted introduction to rub-in hand disinfectionR Girard
Hygiene and Epidemiology Unit, Pavillon 1M, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, F-69495, France
J Hosp Infect 47:131-7. 2001..This study shows the benefit of introducing RHD with a technical and educational accompaniment...
- Effect of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis against group B streptococcal infection on comparisons of rates of endometritis and urinary tract infection in multicenter surveillanceAnne Marie Dumas
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:327-32. 2008..To establish whether antibiotic prophylaxis against group B streptococcal infection may be a confounding factor in comparisons of rates of endometritis and urinary tract infection after vaginal delivery...
- The value of suction drainage fluid culture during clean orthopedic surgeryP Berthelot
Clin Infect Dis 34:1538-9. 2002
- Recommendations for surgical hand disinfection -- requirements, implementation and need for research. A proposal by representatives of the SFHH, DGHM and DGKH for a European discussionJ C Labadie
French Society for Hospital Hygiene, Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 51:312-5. 2002
- Missing data and participation or non-participation in a surgical-site infection surveillance networkG Scelo
J Hosp Infect 56:81-2. 2004
- [Surveillance of infections in chronic hemodialysis patients]J Hajjar
EIDLIN Drôme Ardèche, Centre Hospitalier, Valence
Nephrologie 25:133-40. 2004....
- [Changing medical practices and nosocomial infection rates in French maternity units from 1997 to 2000]A Vincent-Bouletreau
C Clin Sud Est, Pavilion 1M, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:128-36. 2005..In this study we describe the changes in medical practices and nosocomial infection rates in obstetrics observed through a surveillance network in the South East of France...
- Does intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis decrease the incidence of maternal group B streptococcal infections?A M Dumas
J Hosp Infect 58:85-6. 2004