Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Antiangiogenic agents and chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a clinical perspectiveNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Thoracic Oncology, Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France 33 47 235 7652 33 47 235 7653
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 13:1193-206. 2013....
- Thymic epithelial tumours: from basic principles to individualised treatment strategiesNicolas Girard
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, National Expert Centre for Thymic Malignancies, Reference Centre for Orphan Pulmonary Diseases, Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Eur Respir Rev 22:75-87. 2013....
- Other signalization targetsNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Target Oncol 8:69-77. 2013..From bench to bedside, personalized medicine represents a major revolution in the treatment of lung cancer...
- Chemotherapy and targeted agents for thymic malignanciesNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Pilot Unit for the Management of Rare Intrathoracic Tumors, National Expert Center for Thymic Malignancies, Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, avenue Doyen Lepine, Lyon, France
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:685-95. 2012..More recently, the molecular characterization of thymoma and thymic carcinoma led to the identification of potentially druggable targets, laying the foundations to implement personalized medicine for patients...
- Nomogram to predict the presence of EGFR activating mutation in lung adenocarcinomaN Girard
Service de Pneumologie U80, Hopital Louis Pradel, 28 Avenue Doyen Lepine, 69677 Lyon, Bron Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 39:366-72. 2012....
- Thymic tumors: relevant molecular data in the clinicNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Reference Center for Rare Pulmonary Diseases, Pilot Unit for the Management of Rare Intra Thoracic Tumors, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Thorac Oncol 5:S291-5. 2010..Insights have been made following anecdotal clinical responses to targeted therapies, and large-scale genomic analyses have been conducted...
- [Confidentiality in medical practice: tell no one]Sébastien Couraud
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 96:791-5. 2009....
- Is neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy a feasible strategy for stage IIIA-N2 non-small cell lung cancer? Mature results of the randomized IFCT-0101 phase II trialNicolas Girard
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Lung Cancer 69:86-93. 2010..Induction chemoradiotherapy with modern treatment regimens is highly feasible and may show promises in the current and future developments of multimodal therapeutic strategies in locally advanced NSCLC...
- [A difficult end of life]Julie Traclet
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 96:805-9. 2009..This observation asks the question of the medical certificates: how and when write them, which are obligatories? Moreover, how should a patient or his beneficiaries obtain medical records?..
- [Stereotactic radiotherapy and radiofrequency ablation for early-stage lung cancer]Fabrice Piegay
Université Lyon I, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:1077-81. 2012..Overall, from a technical concept to the availability of specific treatment devices and the publication of clinical results, stereotactic radiotherapy and radiofrequency ablation are paradigms of implementation in thoracic oncology...
- Professional exposure to goats increases the risk of pneumonic-type lung adenocarcinoma: results of the IFCT-0504-Epidemio studyDelphine Lutringer-Magnin
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 7:e37889. 2012..043), as compared to other subtypes of lung cancer. This case-control suggests a link between professional exposure to goats and P-ADC, and prompts for further epidemiological evaluation of potential environmental risk factors for P-ADC...
- Estimating optimal dose of twice-weekly gemcitabine for concurrent chemoradiotherapy in unresectable pancreatic carcinoma: mature results of GEMRT-01 Phase I trialNicolas Girard
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1426-32. 2010..To accurately determine the maximal tolerated dose, feasibility, and antitumor activity of concurrent chemoradiotherapy including twice-weekly gemcitabine in patients with unresectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma...
- Thymoma: a focus on current therapeutic managementNicolas Girard
Department of Radiotherapy, Lyon Sud Hospital, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Thorac Oncol 4:119-26. 2009....
- Highlights of the 2nd European Lung Cancer ConferenceNicolas Girard
Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France UMR 754, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:1023-5. 2010....
- Feasibility of preoperative combined radiation therapy and chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin in potentially resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma: The French SFRO-FFCD 97-04 Phase II trialFrancoise Mornex
département de radiothérapie oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1471-8. 2006..Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy might offer potential benefits regarding local and systemic control and survival. This multi-institutional Phase II trial explored the feasibility of preoperative chemoradiation in this situation...
- [Chemoradiation therapy: a model for treatment optimization in oncology]Francoise Mornex
département de radiothérapie oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Lyon
Bull Cancer 93:751-60. 2006..Lung cancer represents a model of organization of multimodal therapeutic algorithms, the ultimate aim being the therapeutic optimization of the most frequent cancer...
- [A difficult diagnosis]Véronique Porot
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 96:785-9. 2009..The non-malignant character of the suspected lesion raise questions about the risks involved, the benefit/risk balance, and the legal risk scopes of the medicosurgical staff as defined in the Cancer programme framework...
- [Radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer]Nicolas Girard
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Rev Prat 59:943-7. 2009....
- [Opacities and intra-thoracic masses]Nicolas Girard
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, 69677 Lyon Bron Cedex
Rev Prat 58:767-75. 2008
- Transsternal transpericardial closure of a postpneumonectomy bronchial fistula in a patient who underwent pneumonectomy because of a war injuryNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:660-3. 2009....
- Physicians' knowledge and practice of lung cancer screening: a cross-sectional survey comparing general practitioners, thoracic oncologists, and pulmonologists in FranceSébastien Couraud
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Sud University Hospital, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Clin Lung Cancer 14:574-80. 2013..The actual current practice and knowledge of practitioners are unknown. This could be critical to develop dedicated continuous medical education programs...
- Jaagsiekte Sheep Retrovirus (JSRV): from virus to lung cancer in sheepCaroline Leroux
Universite de Lyon 1, INRA, UMR754, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, IFR 128, F 69007, Lyon, France
Vet Res 38:211-28. 2007..Activation of the PI3K/Akt and MAPK pathways participates in the envelope-induced transformation. Tumour development is associated with telomerase activation. This review will focus on the induction of cancer by JSRV...
- Targeted therapies for thymic malignanciesNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Pilot Unit for the Management of Rare Intrathoracic Tumors, Louis Pradel Hospital, Lyon 69677, France
Thorac Surg Clin 21:115-23, viii. 2011..This article reviews current knowledge about the molecular data that define molecular subsets and support the use of targeted therapies in thymic tumors...
- Efficacy of first-line chemotherapy in patients with advanced lung sarcomatoid carcinomaThibault Vieira
Departments of Pneumology and Pathology, Hospital Tenon, APHP, Paris, France Laboratory ER2 et GRC 04 UPMC, Paris, France Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France Department of Pneumology, Hospital Larrey, CHU Toulouse, Universite de Toulouse III, Toulouse, France Department of Pneumology, Intercommunal Hospital Center, Creteil, France Department of Pathology, Hospital Georges Pompidou, APHP, Paris, France and Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hospital Foch, Suresnes, France
J Thorac Oncol 8:1574-7. 2013..4% of non-small-cell lung cancers; the prognosis is poor. Only few retrospective small-size series have studied the efficacy of chemotherapy (CT) for metastatic SC...
- Feasibility and efficacy of high-dose three-dimensional-conformal radiotherapy in cirrhotic patients with small-size hepatocellular carcinoma non-eligible for curative therapies--mature results of the French Phase II RTF-1 trialFrancoise Mornex
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1152-8. 2006..Although conventional radiotherapy has been traditionally regarded as inefficient and toxic for cirrhotic patients, three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3DCRT) has provided promising preliminary data for the treatment of HCC...
- Chemotherapy is the cornerstone of the combined surgical treatment of lung cancer with synchronous brain metastasesNicolas Girard
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Lung Cancer 53:51-8. 2006..How to manage the primary lung carcinoma remains elusive...
- Radiochemotherapy in the management of pancreatic cancer--part I: neoadjuvant treatmentFrancoise Mornex
département de radiothérapie oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
Semin Radiat Oncol 15:226-34. 2005..Finally, more efficient novel neoadjuvant approaches are required to address the high metastatic potential of pancreatic cancer. These areas are discussed in depth...
- Standard-fractionated radiotherapy for optic nerve sheath meningioma: visual outcome is predicted by mean eye doseLucie Abouaf
Neuro Ophthalmology Unit, Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1268-77. 2012..However, radiation-induced toxicity may ultimately jeopardize the functional benefit. The purpose of this study was to identify predictive factors of poor visual outcome in patients receiving radiotherapy for ONSM...