Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Cardiac glycosides use and the risk of lung cancer: a nested case-control studySébastien Couraud
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal H3T 1E2, Quebec, Canada
BMC Cancer 14:573. 2014..However, these studies had a number of methodological limitations. Thus, the objective of this study was to assess this association in a large population-based cohort of patients...
- From randomized trials to the clinic: is it time to implement individual lung-cancer screening in clinical practice? A multidisciplinary statement from French experts on behalf of the French intergroup (IFCT) and the groupe d'Oncologie de langue francaiseS Couraud
Respiratory Diseases Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon Lyon University Hospital, Pierre Benite
Ann Oncol 24:586-97. 2013..These results raised numerous questions. The French intergroup for thoracic oncology and the French-speaking oncology group convened an expert group to provide a coherent outlook on screening modalities in France...
- [Lung cancer in never smokers: a French national cohort (BioCAST/IFCT-1002)]S Couraud
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165 Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France Faculté de médecine Lyon Sud Charles Mérieux, Universite Lyon 1, 69600 Oullins, France Intergroupe Francophone de Cancérologie Thoracique, Paris, France Electronic address
Rev Mal Respir 30:576-83. 2013..All patients also undergo blood sampling for the analysis of genomic polymorphisms and the characterization of epigenetic anomalies. BioCAST hopes to provide concrete answers for clinicians and patients about this entity. ..
- Physicians' knowledge and practice of lung cancer screening: a cross-sectional survey comparing general practitioners, thoracic oncologists, and pulmonologists in FranceSébastien Couraud
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Sud University Hospital, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Clin Lung Cancer 14:574-80. 2013..The actual current practice and knowledge of practitioners are unknown. This could be critical to develop dedicated continuous medical education programs...
- Lung cancer in never smokers--a reviewSébastien Couraud
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, CH Lyon Sud, et Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 48:1299-311. 2012..The mutually exclusive nature of certain mutations is a strong argument in favour of separate genetic paths to cancer for ever smokers and never smokers. In the present paper we review current clinical and molecular aspects of LCINS...
- Bronchial mucous gland adenoma revealed following acute pneumoniaSébastien Couraud
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Thoracic Oncology, Lyon University Hospital, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 14:347-9. 2012..This case highlights the importance of a complete lung workup after acute pneumonia in patients with a history of smoking, including the CT scan and bronchoscopy...
- [Which organization for the management of thoracic cancer? Results from a French survey in Rhône-Alpes region]S Couraud
Service de Pneumologie et d Oncologie Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 68:1-9. 2012..These results highlight the reality of practice in Rhône-Alpes and will serve as the basis for coordinating authorities to correct dysfunctions or monitor certain activities of interest (clinical trials)...
- Are clinical guidelines applied in routine daily practice?: a French regional survey of physicians' clinical practices in lung cancer management (EPOTRA)Sébastien Couraud
Service de Pneumologie et d Oncologie Thoracique, CH Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
Clin Lung Cancer 12:298-306. 2011..This program requested the latest edition of local guidelines in each of France's administrative regions. Since their creation, none of these guidelines has been assessed in the conditions of daily clinical practice...
- [Biostatistics with Excel software or similar]S Couraud
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 65:377-85. 2009..Although this paper does not avoid the advice of a specialist, it lets the reader become familiar with the rules of basic statistics and calculus...
- [How practical guidelines can be applied in poor countries? Example of the introduction of a bronchoscopy unit in Cambodia]S Couraud
Service de Pneumologie, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite, France Faculté de médecine et de maïeutique Lyon Sud Charles Mérieux, Universite Lyon 1, 69600 Oullins, France Association Prupet, 69007 Lyon, France Electronic address
Rev Pneumol Clin 69:244-9. 2013..Implementation of EBS in developing countries seems feasible in good conditions of quality and safety for patients. However, some recommendations cannot be applied due to local conditions...
- [First epidemiologic data on pneumonia in Cambodia]V Avrillon
Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France UER Lyon Est, Universite Lyon 1, Avenue Rockfeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France Organisation Non Gouvernementale Prupet, BP 609, 03006 Moullins cedex, France Electronic address
Rev Pneumol Clin 70:133-41. 2014..Although this study bring new data in the field, it also showed that European guidelines for antibiotic are not relevant in such countries and stress the need for further dedicated and prospective studies. ..
- Earlier onset and poor prognosis of lung cancer in imprisoned patientsM Carbonnaux
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Sud Hospital, Pierre Benite, France
Oncology 85:370-7. 2013..However, no study has particularly focused on lung cancer features in this population...
- [Chronic necrotizing pulmonary aspergillosis following an infection by Mycobacterium malmoense]D Gomez-Abreo
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, CH Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Rev Mal Respir 29:435-9. 2012..fumigatus complicating the treatment of M. malmoense is unusual. The management is challenging because of strong interactions between voriconazole and rifampicin, and thus requires a multidisciplinary and specialized approach...
- [Multiple cavitating pulmonary nodules in a virology laboratory assistant]M Coudurier
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:371-3. 2007