Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Degeneration of the Arnold's prefrontopontocerebellar tract in a case of locked-in syndrome over a 23-year periodFrancois Cotton
Laboratoire d Anatomie de Rockefeller, Universite de Lyon 1, Lyon, France Service de Radiologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France Creatis LRMN, CNRS UMR 5220, INSERM U630, Universite de Lyon 1, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France Electronic address
J Neuroradiol 38:118-24. 2011..Degeneration of the corticopontine projection, the first step in the corticopontocerebellar circuit, could explain this selective atrophy. This unique observation leads to the precise in vivo anatomical location of the Arnold tract. ..
- Interferon beta 1b following natalizumab discontinuation: one year, randomized, prospective, pilot trialClaudio Gobbi
Neurocenter of Southern Switzerland, Ospedale Regionale di Lugano, Lugano, Switzerland
BMC Neurol 13:101. 2013..The objective of this study is to compare disease activity in MS patients who continued on NTZ treatment to those who were switched to subcutaneous interferon 1b (IFNB) treatment...
- The advantage of high relaxivity contrast agents in brain perfusionFrancois Cotton
MRI Center, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Eur Radiol 16:M16-26. 2006..The acquired perfusion images were of good quality in all but two patients. Our findings confirm that high relaxivity contrast agents such as MultiHance are ideal for use in perfusion MRI of the central nervous system...
- [Diffusion and perfusion MR imaging in cerebral lymphomas]F Cotton
Service de Radiologie et IRM, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex
J Neuroradiol 33:220-8. 2006....
- Dual inversion recovery MRI helps identifying cortical tubers in tuberous sclerosisFrancois Cotton
Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, MRI Center, Pierre Benite, 69495, France
Epilepsia 47:1072-3. 2006..Dual inversion-recovery imaging (DIR) has been advocated for the diagnosis of cortical lesions in epileptic patients. The role of this sequence, however, is not established in tuberous sclerosis patients...
- MRI evaluation of bulky tumor masses in the mesentery and bladder involvement in peritoneal carcinomatosisF Cotton
Service de Radiologie, MRI Center, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:1212-6. 2006..Consequently a proper selection of patients is necessary. We evaluated the benefit of MRI prior to surgery, in the detection of two of the main surgery contraindications: bulky mesenteric tumors and bladder implants...
- Diffusion-perfusion in intra-axial brain tumors with high relaxivity contrast agentsFrancois Cotton
MRI Center, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495, Pierre Benite, France
Neuroradiology 48:34-40. 2006..The higher T2 relaxivity allowed high quality T2* perfusion MRI and post processed rCBV maps, with a dose of 0.1 mmol/kg MultiHance...
- [Correlation between cranial vault size and brain size over time: preliminary MRI evaluation]F Cotton
Laboratoire d Anatomie de l UFR Laennec, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69312 Lyon
J Neuroradiol 32:131-7. 2005..To correlate changes of cranial vault measurements of an adult population during the aging process with brain size using the maximum width of the third ventricle in the axial AC-PC plane...
- [MRI of central nervous system in a series of 58 systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients with or without overt neuropsychiatric manifestations]F Cotton
Service de Radiologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Rev Med Interne 25:8-15. 2004..The secondary goal was to detect a possible relationship between MRI and clinical or biological parameters in SLE...
- Cranial sutures and craniometric points detected on MRIFrancois Cotton
Laboratoire d Anatomie de l UFR Laennec, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69312, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Surg Radiol Anat 27:64-70. 2005..Craniometric points and measurements between these points can be estimated with a standard cerebral MRI examination, with results that are similar to anthropometric data...
- Hypointense transcerebral veins at T2*-weighted MRI: a marker of hemorrhagic transformation risk in patients treated with intravenous tissue plasminogen activatorMarc Hermier
Department of Radiology and MRI, Hopital Neurologique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:1362-70. 2003..At multiple regression analysis, two baseline MRI factors had an independent predictive value for HT risk during the first week: the AVV and the cerebral blood volume ratio (Nagelkerke R2 = 0.48)...
- Predictive value of multimodality MRI using conventional, perfusion, and spectroscopy MR in anaplastic transformation of low-grade oligodendrogliomasChadi Hlaihel
Department of Radiology, Hospital Lyon Sud, Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
J Neurooncol 97:73-80. 2010....
- Automatic temperature control for MR-guided interstitial ultrasound ablation in liver using a percutaneous applicator: ex vivo and in vivo initial studiesEric Delabrousse
INSERM, U556, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Magn Reson Med 63:667-79. 2010..The automatic control of the temperature enabled reproducible shape of lesions (15 +/- 2 mm radial depth)...
- Endoluminal ultrasound applicator with an integrated RF coil for high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging-guided high-intensity contact ultrasound thermotherapyMihaela Rata
INSERM, U556, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, F 69003, France
Phys Med Biol 53:6549-67. 2008..7% standard deviation, 1.1% error of mean value), which indicates that this technology may be suitable for HICU therapy of endoluminal cancer...
- Acute headache followed by focal neuropsychological impairment in cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL)François Ducray
Department of Neurology B, Cerebrovascular Unit, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 19:75-6. 2010..We report the atypical presentation of two patients in whom CADASIL was revealed by an episode of headache followed by focal neuropsychological impairment...
- Acute mesencephalic stroke associated with dilated cystic perivascular spacesJean Baptiste Pialat
Service de Radiologie, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103 Grande Rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France
Neurology 65:648. 2005
- Representation and disconnection in imaginal neglectG Rode
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, INSERM UMRS 534, Bron, France
Neuropsychologia 48:2903-11. 2010..Imaginal neglect in R.D. may result from fronto-parietal dysfunction impairing orientation towards left-sided items and posterior callosal disconnection preventing the symmetrical processing of spatial information from long-term memory...
- High frequency of creatine deficiency syndromes in patients with unexplained mental retardationL Lion-Francois
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Hopital Debrousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Neurology 67:1713-4. 2006
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in Marchiafava-Bignami disease: follow-up studiesC Hlaihel
Department of Radiology, Lyon Sud Hospital, Pierre Benite, France
Neuroradiology 47:520-4. 2005..Unlike in stroke, restricted diffusion on ADC maps does not seem to be a sign of irreversibility...
- [Target volume contouring for radiotherapy planning: application of multimodalities imaging]P J Valette
Service de Radiologie, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Cancer Radiother 13:581-7. 2009..It is advisable from then to clarify the contribution of every used imaging modality, this according to the pathologies and their localizations...
- Remission of anosognosia for right hemiplegia and neglect after caloric vestibular stimulationRoberta Ronchi
INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Centre, IMPACT team, Lyon, France
Restor Neurol Neurosci 31:19-24. 2013..Such a peculiar association of language and visuo-spatial disorders jointly present after a left-sided lesion opens the question of the link between handedness and lateralization of cognitive functions...
- Correlation of diffusion and metabolic alterations in different clinical forms of multiple sclerosisSalem Hannoun
CREATIS, UMR 5220 CNRS and U1044 INSERM, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 7:e32525. 2012..In contrast, the better specificity of metabolic ratios to detect axonal damage and demyelination may provide a better index for identification of PP patients...
- Dumbbell-shaped epidural capillary hemangiomaBruno Badinand
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165 Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:190-2. 2003..MR imaging showed characteristic findings of a capillary hemangioma, which are also consistent with other epidural lesions such as neuromas or meningiomas...
- Experimental investigation of thermal effects in HIFU-based external valvuloplasty with a non-spherical transducer, using high-resolution MR thermometryLorena Petrusca
INSERM, U556, and Universite de Lyon, Lyon, F 69003, France
Phys Med Biol 54:5123-38. 2009..Shrinkage of the vein wall (above 65 degrees C) was determined by absolute temperature and was not a cumulative thermal dose effect...
- Could linear MRI measurements of hippocampus differentiate normal brain aging in elderly persons from Alzheimer disease?Abdullah Tarroun
MRI Center, Lyon Sud Hospital, 69495, Pierre Benite, France
Surg Radiol Anat 29:77-81. 2007..In contrast, the dimensions of the hippocampal formation decreased gradually with increasing age, owing to physiological atrophy, but this atrophy is more significant in the group of AD...
- Image-based control of the magnetic resonance imaging-guided focused ultrasound thermotherapyRares Salomir
INSERM, Therapeutic Ultrasound Research Laboratory, Lyon, France
Top Magn Reson Imaging 17:139-51. 2006..In addition, preliminary results of an original study of MRI-guided FUS ablation of VX2 carcinoma in kidney, under active temperature control, are described here...
- [A case of late pancreatic metastasis from renal cell carcinoma]Philippe Paparel
Service des Urgences Chirurgicales, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Prog Urol 14:403-5. 2004..The prognosis is better than that of primary pancreatic cancer, as the estimated median survival is 30 months after treatment...
- Early magnetic resonance imaging prediction of arterial recanalization and late infarct volume in acute carotid artery strokeMarc Hermier
Department of Radiology and MRI, Hospital Neurologique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:240-8. 2003..The best predictors of late infarct size were day 0 lesion volume on DWI and day 1 recanalization. Early PWI and DWI studies and day 1 MRA provide relevant predictive information on stroke outcome...
- Inter-observer agreement in the identification of the two bundles of the anterior cruciate ligament using magnetic resonance imagingM Montoy
Laboratoire d Anatomie de Rockefeller, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69312, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Surg Radiol Anat 30:557-62. 2008..New approaches to the surgical treatment of partial anterior cruciate ligament tears led us to try to distinguish the two bundles of that ligament with MRI and to evaluate inter-observer agreement in different viewing planes...
- [Thoracoabdominal CT scan: a useful tool for the diagnosis of air embolism during an endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography]B K Tan
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon 1, 69395 Pierre Bénite cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:240-3. 2008..This case may be useful to recall the utility of a body-scan for the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of an air embolism during ERCP...
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in brain aspergillosisM Charlot
Department of Radiology, Claude Bernard University, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Eur J Neurol 14:912-6. 2007....
- Advanced MRI could help to differentiate meningeal carcinomatosis with mass effect from cerebral metastasis in prostate cancerCyril B N Confavreux
Service de rhumatologie 2B, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Bull Cancer 93:E31-5. 2006..We discuss the imaging techniques and review literature of neurological complications of prostate cancer...