Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Suppression of melatonin secretion in healthy subjects with eyeglass LED delivery systemBruno Claustrat
INSERM, U846, Bron, France
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 31:330-5. 2010..We report here the effect on melatonin secretion of a device consisting of a prototype of eyeglasses including light emitting diodes (LED) in lenses (Somnavue)...
- Melatonin secretion is supersensitive to light in migraineB Claustrat
Service de Radioanalyse, Hôpital Neuro Cardiologique, Institut Fédératif de Neurosciences, Lyon, France
Cephalalgia 24:128-33. 2004..18.5 +/- 12.7 pg/h/ml, P<0.005; maximum of MLT suppression (Delta)=-35.7 +/- 10.2 vs. - 6.7 +/- 5.8 pg/ml, P<0.05]. These findings show a clear hypersensitivity to light in young female migraineurs during the headache-free period...
- The basic physiology and pathophysiology of melatoninBruno Claustrat
Centre de Medecine Nucleaire, Service de Radioanalyse, Hôpital Neuro Cardiologique, 59 Boulevard Pinel, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Sleep Med Rev 9:11-24. 2005..The resulting alteration could increase predisposition to disease, add to the severity of symptoms or modify the course and outcome of the disorder...
- Effect of constant light on prolactin and corticosterone rhythms evaluated using a noninvasive urine sampling protocol in the ratB Claustrat
Service de Radioanalyse, Centre de Medecine Nucleaire, GHE 59 blvd Pinel, Bron, France
Horm Metab Res 40:398-403. 2008....
- Melatonin is released in the third ventricle in humans. A study in movement disordersJosé Leston
Neurosurgical Unit A, Stem Cell and Brain Research Institute, Department of Chronobiology, Bron, France
Neurosci Lett 469:294-7. 2010..These findings show that melatonin may enter directly the CSF through the pineal recess in humans. The physiological meaning of these data remains to be elucidated...
- Contribution of the daily melatonin profile to diagnosis of tumors of the pineal regionJosé Leston
Service de Neurochirurgie, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Bron, France
J Neurooncol 93:387-94. 2009..The contribution of determination of melatonin profiles to the diagnosis of TPR remains limited but of interest. The evidence for melatonin deficiency could justify melatonin administration to prevent the postpinealectomy syndrome...
- Nocturnal urine melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin excretion at the acute stage of ischaemic strokeThomas Ritzenthaler
Cerebrovascular Unit, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Pineal Res 46:349-52. 2009..001 and P = 0.03 respectively). The impact of melatonin at the acute stage of stroke on clinical severity and lesion size needs further assessment, as melatonin may have potential neuroprotective effects...
- Dynamics of oxidative stress and urinary excretion of melatonin and its metabolites during acute ischemic strokeThomas Ritzenthaler
Cerebrovascular Unit, Neurology Department, Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, 59 Boulevard Pinel, 69677 Bron, France
Neurosci Lett 544:1-4. 2013..Melatonin catabolism might be speeded up in acute ischemic stroke in order to increase the antioxidant response...
- Melatonin concentrations in aqueous humor of glaucoma patientsChristophe Chiquet
Department of Ophthalmology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Am J Ophthalmol 142:325-327.e1. 2006..To determine whether glaucoma patients exhibit an abnormal melatonin concentration in aqueous humor...
- A dietary supplement to improve the quality of sleep: a randomized placebo controlled trialCatherine Cornu
INSERM, Lyon, France
BMC Complement Altern Med 10:29. 2010....
- In obese postmenopausal women, bone microarchitecture and strength are not commensurate to greater body weight: the Os des Femmes de Lyon (OFELY) studyElisabeth Sornay-Rendu
INSERM Research Unit 1033, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 28:1679-87. 2013..We conclude that higher absolute values of bone densities, cortical and trabecular architecture, and strength indices were not in proportion to the excess of BMI and particularly of FM in obese postmenopausal French women...
- Pregnant French women living in the Lyon area are iodine deficient and have elevated serum thyroglobulin concentrationsVéronique Raverot
Laboratory of Hormonology, East Center for Biology and Pathology, East Hospital Group, Civil Hospices of Lyon, 59 Boulevard Pinel, Bron, France
Thyroid 22:522-8. 2012..Iodine deficiency (ID) remains common in Europe, and may be especially detrimental during pregnancy. The aim of our study was to assess iodine status and thyroid function in healthy pregnant women in the Lyon metropolitan area...
- Radioimmunoassay of N-acetyl-N-formyl-5-methoxykynuramine (AFMK): a melatonin oxidative metaboliteCatherine Harthé
Service de Radioanalyse, Hôpital Neurocardiologique, Centre de Medecine Nucleaire, 59 Boulevard Pinel, 69394 Lyon, France
Life Sci 73:1587-97. 2003..In rats, plasma AFMK showed a peak after melatonin injection, which confirmed the in vivo AFMK production as a melatonin metabolite. This AFMK assay is suitable for studies on melatonin metabolism...
- Sex and dosing-time dependencies in irinotecan-induced circadian disruptionConstance Ahowesso
INSERM, UMRS 776 Rythmes biologique et cancers, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Chronobiol Int 28:458-70. 2011..Thus, the optimal circadian timing of chemotherapy requires precise determination according to sex, and should involve the noninvasive monitoring of circadian biomarkers...
- Age determines longitudinal changes in body composition better than menopausal and bone status: the OFELY studyElisabeth Sornay-Rendu
INSERM Research Unit 1033 and Université de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 27:628-36. 2012..In conclusion, BC changes in French women over a 6-year follow-up showed a high interindividual variability. Aging may be the most important determinant of changes in body composition, rather than menopausal and bone status...
- Hypersensitivity of the adrenal cortex to trophic and secretory effects of angiotensin II in Lyon genetically-hypertensive ratsFrédérick Aguilar
INSERM U 369, IFR 62 Laennec, Lyon, France
Hypertension 43:87-93. 2004....
- Folate deficiency alters melatonin secretion in ratsIsabelle Fournier
Service de Radioanalyse, Hôpital Neuro Cardiologique, Lyon, France
J Nutr 132:2781-4. 2002..Decreases generally were more marked at wk 2 than at wk 4 for the urinary metabolite excretions. These findings indicate that folate deficiency dramatically alters MLT secretion in rats...